Forums / Games / Halo: Reach

Plans for Halo Reach?

OP halo7725

Awhile ago I saw someone mentioning a legacy team who will be focussing
on the original Halo series, and then there's going to be a maintenance. So I'm wondering, what are the future plans
for Halo Reach?
There will be a maintenance team who will be focusing on The Master Chief Collection, infamous for being a broken game. Reach is not a broken game, and therefore does not need maintenance. Not to mention the game is over 7 years old and isn't on the Xbox One, so there isn't any point working on an outdated game on an outdated console.

They made the game backward-compatible and all the DLC is now free. Is that not enough?
No, when 343 decides to take care of Bungie's work, I honestly expect them to fully take care of it.
There will be a maintenance team who will be focusing on The Master Chief Collection, infamous for being a broken game. Reach is not a broken game, and therefore does not need maintenance. Not to mention the game is over 7 years old and isn't on the Xbox One, so there isn't any point working on an outdated game on an outdated console.

They made the game backward-compatible and all the DLC is now free. Is that not enough?
The game's infamous file share error is in fact making it a semi-broken game, and ske7ch tweeted some time ago that they're forming a team to fix that, among other bugs in the game. Maintenance is regularly being applied to Reach, along with 3 and ODST. Reach is also on the Xbox One, just by means of backwards compatibility.
Oh man I hope everything comes back, such as the nameplates... I really want to get the assault rifle one, I never knew I could get it back in the day and I loved the feeling I got when playing the Beta, it was so unreal.
halo7725 wrote:
Oh man I hope everything comes back, such as the nameplates... I really want to get the assault rifle one, I never knew I could get it back in the day and I loved the feeling I got when playing the Beta, it was so unreal.
As with Recon in Halo 3, 343 do not have the ability to release these. While they actually did have the tech for a while for Halo 3, name plates and Blue flames were never transferred from Bungie to 343, so they never had he ability to award them to players
I wish that Bungie gave these abilities to 343 Industries during the transfer, it's somehow mildly frustrating that we can never enjoy these little things in Reach anymore.
The reach days what a shame i know how you feel maybe one day or never we'll never know
I was curious on this topic as well because i have encountered countless lag issues and black screens every game I play. I do hope 343 Industries fixes this as well, because it is extremely frustrating to have a black screen mid game, only to get shot and killed the moment you get out of black screen, and find that half yer team left the match. it's to the point Playing Multiplayer on Halo reach is next to unplayable these days. every game I encounter black screens at least once, if not twice or three times in a row. it is extremely frustrating. Halo Reach is my favorite game, and to see the game is such a state of degradation is disheartening and truly sad.