Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

Playlist Rotation Leaves Us Baffled

OP Irreverent42

In Halo 3 and Reach, the only playlists I played were Team Snipers and Team Doubles. Although they were not the most popular playlists, they had a constant community supporting it.

I no longer have hope of either of those being available in Halo 4. Team Snipers came and went. And why, because the masses prefer Swat and Big Team?

To see video games as a service is to have something for everyone. And as it is, there is nothing for me and my friends in Halo 4. As soon as the freshness and initial welcome of a November release wears off in a few weeks, Halo 4 will be left to collect dust as I spin other discs inside of my 360.

You give me absolutely no incentive to purchase the DLC. I am not interested in the goofy playlists that pair me up with the three stooges where all I can do is pray that I get a good ordnance drop.

Good night, sweet prince.
I COMPLETELY agree... Why can't they just leave ALL of the playlists everyone likes permanently available and not take them away every week?
Halo 4 just came out without ever having a beta, and being produced by a new company. Give it time.
Quote:
Halo 4 just came out without ever having a beta, and being produced by a new company. Give it time.
we did and they have removed a few playlists
To 343's defense:

More playlists means less people in each playlist. Less people in each playlist means longer waits to find a game. This is something that would affect everyone negatively, which is understandably worse that affecting a few people positively.

343 is currently holding polls (and claims to be monitoring them) for favorite gametypes/playlists and is watching popularity of current playlists. Hopefully in the future, when the game has passed it's "new" phase, 343 will make calculated decisions to remove and/or combine current playlists to allow more desired playlists without increasing the total number of current playlists too much.

What I hope happens is they combine CTF, OB, and KoTH into 1 "objective" playlist and scrap the FFA Regicide turd for better FFA variant, and possibly adding a 1v1 or 2v2 playlist.
One of the few game types I enjoy is King of the Hill. Of course, it's being removed and I finally share a pain with others of the community.

It ought to stop.
Quote:
To 343's defense:

More playlists means less people in each playlist. Less people in each playlist means longer waits to find a game. This is something that would affect everyone negatively, which is understandably worse that affecting a few people positively.

343 is currently holding polls (and claims to be monitoring them) for favorite gametypes/playlists and is watching popularity of current playlists. Hopefully in the future, when the game has passed it's "new" phase, 343 will make calculated decisions to remove and/or combine current playlists to allow more desired playlists without increasing the total number of current playlists too much.

What I hope happens is they combine CTF, OB, and KoTH into 1 "objective" playlist and scrap the FFA Regicide turd for better FFA variant, and possibly adding a 1v1 or 2v2 playlist.
This^^ Yes it sucks blah blah blah. within a month they will have made major update to the mm playlists as well as add a csr system (viewable on waypoint not in game. so while were waiting why not enjoy an otherwise awesome game. try new things have a good time. go teabag some random guy in a corner i dont care, just dont add to the countless threads on the same topic
So, in these forums you people are constantly grieving about playlists gone and playlists missing.

Meanwhile... Over in Call of Duty land, it's -Yoinking!- tea time and everyone is having cupcakes.

Good job 343. Good job.