Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

Please re-list the digtial copies temporarily.

OP Jack Pipsam

Dear 343i,

I like many others fully understand the hard decision made to sunset support for the 360 Halo titles after many years of service, your commitment to keeping these titles alive is to be applauded and the full year’s notice given is not only deeply appreciated but should be the gold standard of how to announce such impending events.
However...A key aspect I cannot agree with is the instantaneous delisting of the digital titles from sale without any sort of prior warning, this flies directly in contradiction to the full year’s notice given for the services themselves.
I understand the logic of possibly not to wishing to mislead customers, however the store page for these tiles has already been updated with the following message...

“In approximately ONE YEAR, in December 2021, online services for legacy Halo Xbox 360 titles will be discontinued. Owners of these titles will still be able to play these games indefinitely, however, certain online features and experiences, particularly online matchmaking, will be limited or disabled.”

This is a clear warning, one which is appreciated, but one who’s usefulness is really only for new buyers.

In contrast, fellow Xbox IP Forza always gives prior warning ahead of time for when they’ll delist their games from sale due to licensing, this is helpful as it allows those who for whatever reason never purchased the digital copies to have a deadline and this should have been applied here.
It makes little sense to me why you’d abundantly pull these titles from sale with no warning whatsoever when you’ve given a clear year’s warning for the servers.
You fully admit that many aspects of these games such as campaign will continue to work after this set date without your support, but even if you believe you cannot sell the game after this point, you should have had the very least given the community warning before delisting the tiles so those who wish to have a digital archival version may have it.
I personally have discs for these games, however I have absolutely no idea if the next iteration of the Xbox hardware will support discs or not, so if I had been given warning I would have purchased the digital copies of at least Halo 3 & Reach so I have an archival future version playable for the games I so dearly loved (and yes MCC is awesome, but it’s also not the same as an archive).

I am not asking you to offer the games for nothing, I personally am more than happy to purchase at full price, nor am I even asking for you to keep the game for sale until the point of closure and beyond (although I don’t see any reason why you cannot do that), but for the very least you should make these titles available game for a limited and temporary period of time just so those of us who might now reconsider the need of having a digital copy can do so with the future in mind and with the full understanding and acknowledgement of the server closures.

I do not believe this is an unreasonable request, I am begging you to relist the titles at least temporarily and with full disclosed deadlines, abruptly pulling the titles out of the blue really is not fair.

-jackpipsam
I completely agree with this. Most games are available physically but I want to get spartan assault for 360 so I can have achievements in all halo games. This was really contradicting to their statemwmt of giving notice and really unfair to players
Yes, please relist all delisted games before the server closure. Halo Spartan Assault is unobtainable for the X360 version since it was delisted. I also recommend altering affected achievements to be obtainable offline for gamers in the future that would like to obtain all achievements after the closure.
They even delisted the original Xbox version of Halo Combat Evolved (at least in the US).
I completely agree with this. Most games are available physically but I want to get spartan assault for 360 so I can have achievements in all halo games. This was really contradicting to their statemwmt of giving notice and really unfair to players
Same here. I would have bought Spartan Assault for the 360 if I would have had a warning about them delisting it. Now I will not be able to get all achievements in every Halo game :/
Sure enough, I just looked at the online store to buy it and couldn't do it because it's not available. only the demo version
They even delisted the original Xbox version of Halo Combat Evolved (at least in the US).
Wow really? That's awful :'(

It's such a shame Microsoft never added Halo on the original Xbox to the backwards compatibility program.
I agree. Halo spartan assault on xbox 360 is impossible to find. 343 needs to hear us.
To me it seems kinda premature to delist the Xbox 360 and original Xbox halos. I'd just let it sit there until about done to get in whatever last sales it can get.
Need a relist legacy Halo is important for achievement players. A relist is mandatory for the halo community! 🙂
Wow really? That's awful :'(

It's such a shame Microsoft never added Halo on the original Xbox to the backwards compatibility program.
Agreed. I know the did it because they want people buying MCC but I was surprised Microsoft didn't at least make it to where we could play bc Halo CE and Halo 2 on their own hardware. It's not like it's a licensing issue considering Microsoft owns Halo.
Yeah, just tried to go in and buy the older games digitally and i was disappointed that i couldn't.
Anybody upset that they can't get achievements for Spartan Assault on the 360 needs to see if they have the Halo 2 Vista achievements, if not they weren't going to be able to get all of the Halo achievements anyways.
Anybody upset that they can't get achievements for Spartan Assault on the 360 needs to see if they have the Halo 2 Vista achievements, if not they weren't going to be able to get all of the Halo achievements anyways.
Are Halo 2 Vista achievements valid? Can you see them on your profile and can did you get G score with them?
Are Halo 2 Vista achievements valid? Can you see them on your profile and can did you get G score with them?
If you're referring to the Halo Gamerscore listed on your profile on this site, no they don't go towards that.
Aside from that they're no different than any other Xbox or Windows achievements since the launch of 360, with 1000G total. If you look at my gamertag you'll see them there with all the other games I've played, you'd just have to scroll down quite a bit since its been a while since I played it
Relist digital copies please! 💚
Post on this thread and hope Microsoft hear us click "I have the same question" and leave a comment on their MS thread, link below.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/please-can-you-relist-the-the-halo-xbox-360-games/1aaff891-c01c-442f-a61a-ebd7d60bac43

Thank you!
Post on this thread and hope Microsoft hear us click "I have the same question" and leave a comment on their MS thread, link below.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/please-can-you-relist-the-the-halo-xbox-360-games/1aaff891-c01c-442f-a61a-ebd7d60bac43

Thank you!
Added my click :)