Plz Halo 3 on PC

OP HomemadeSnow860

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
fizzy14 wrote:
With 343 running halo, dont expect it! Seriously
Why? If they allowed the devs of Halo Online (which is becoming Halo 3 in the 6.0 update (literally)) to keep working on the game with no fear of being shutdown by neither 343 nor Microsoft (with the same applying to Installation 01 and Project Contingency), then I think that we should expect it. Just not soon, but later into the future.
fizzy14 wrote:
Why? If they allowed the devs of Halo Online (which is becoming Halo 3 in the 6.0 update (literally)) to keep working on the game with no fear of being shutdown by neither 343 nor Microsoft (with the same applying to Installation 01 and Project Contingency), then I think that we should expect it. Just not soon, but later into the future.
There's not enough incentive to do so. It would split the player base and if, by some miracle, crossplay was allowed between Xbox and PC, the skill difference would be monumental
fizzy14 wrote:
There's not enough incentive to do so. It would split the player base and if, by some miracle, crossplay was allowed between Xbox and PC, the skill difference would be monumental
I'm sure that it could happen, but because Halo's population has been going downhill with only rare slight increases, I highly doubt. Best we have is Halo Online, and I think we should stick to that instead of asking for Halo 3. I mean... the vast majority want to play multiplayer, and if that's so, then Halo Online is the answer. I think it's already too late for an actual Halo 3 port.
fizzy14 wrote:
I'm sure that it could happen, but because Halo's population has been going downhill with only rare slight increases, I highly doubt. Best we have is Halo Online, and I think we should stick to that instead of asking for Halo 3. I mean... the vast majority want to play multiplayer, and if that's so, then Halo Online is the answer. I think it's already too late for an actual Halo 3 port.
It's going downhill because there's no incentive to keep players coming back. There are dozens of other games out there competing for everyone's time and attention. Halo on PC isn't the answer and it simply won't happen. If it does, it won't be by 343
fizzy14 wrote:
It's going downhill because there's no incentive to keep players coming back. There are dozens of other games out there competing for everyone's time and attention. Halo on PC isn't the answer and it simply won't happen. If it does, it won't be by 343
You forgot one thing:
Spoiler:
Show
Anyway... unfortunately... for as much as I don't want... I have to agree. There's literally no incentive for players to come back.

I'm saying that Halo Online is the answer for those that want Halo 3 on PC. Not for those who want the entire saga on PC. But yeah, it won't be by 343.
fizzy14 wrote:
You forgot one thing:
Spoiler:
Show
Anyway... unfortunately... for as much as I don't want... I have to agree. There's literally no incentive for players to come back.

I'm saying that Halo Online is the answer for those that want Halo 3 on PC. Not for those who want the entire saga on PC. But yeah, it won't be by 343.
I didn't forget the money part. The thing with that is the juice isn't worth the squeeze. There's no way they'd make enough money to justify porting Halo 3 to PC
fizzy14 wrote:
You forgot one thing:
Spoiler:
Show

I didn't forget the money part. The thing with that is the juice isn't worth the squeeze. There's no way they'd make enough money to justify porting Halo 3 to PC
I'm talking about the gaming in general. Money over quality, uniqueness, balance, etc.
I know they wouldn't. Basically nobody caring about Halo 3's re-release as a backwards compatible title has already gave me that idea.
fizzy14 wrote:
You forgot one thing:
Spoiler:
Show

I'm talking about the gaming in general. Money over quality, uniqueness, balance, etc.
I know they wouldn't. Basically nobody caring about Halo 3's re-release as a backwards compatible title has already gave me that idea.
Halo 3 was popular back in the day because it was still riding on the fact that "Halo was the only game to play". When Halo 3 came out, the competition was just starting to get their feet wet. Gears of War and Call of Duty started competing for a piece of the pie
fizzy14 wrote:
You forgot one thing:
Spoiler:
Show

Halo 3 was popular back in the day because it was still riding on the fact that "Halo was the only game to play". When Halo 3 came out, the competition was just starting to get their feet wet. Gears of War and Call of Duty started competing for a piece of the pie
Ahh. Those we're the days...
Spoiler:
Show
fizzy14 wrote:
You forgot one thing:
Spoiler:
Show

Spoiler:
Show
You missed out on those days?
fizzy14 wrote:
You forgot one thing:
Spoiler:
Show

Spoiler:
Show
Yep. I only got my 360 in 2013. My friend had Halo 3 ODST with Halo 3 MP back then, but because I was too young to understand what made Halo stand out, I missed it all.
EDIT: Forgot to add. My country was more bound to the PlayStation as well (and it still is, but now with PC). I only had a PS2 and played Sonic games lol. (I still do, but I eventually got to play it more on 360, mainly because of Unleashed)
fizzy14 wrote:
You forgot one thing:
Spoiler:
Show

Spoiler:
Show
Yep. I only got my 360 in 2013. My friend had Halo 3 ODST with Halo 3 MP back then, but because I was too young to understand what made Halo stand out, I missed it all.
That's a shame. Halo 3 was the peak of the Halo Craze. I wish things were still like that
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2