Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

[Locked] Prerequisites Not Met - Reach Waypoint Armour XB1

OP Ali B 1475

Just gone back on to the Xbox One (Backwards Compatible) version of Halo: Reach yesterday, noticed that ALL waypoint armour (Chest, Helmets/Attachments) are showing as PREREQUISITES NOT MET in the Armoury sections.

I have already completed all requirements AND unlocked all the armour via Waypoint years ago and I have used the armour in the past without issue.
Despite this I am met with the message:
You are missing some of the prerequisites needed to purchase this item:
This item is unlocked via Halo Waypoint. Visit Halo Waypoint to learn more.

This message is shown on all the Waypoint armours, such as:
  • CQB Base
  • CQB HU/RS/CNM
  • CQB UA/HUL
  • MP BASE
  • MP CBRN/HU/RS
  • MP/HU/RS/CNM
  • UA/Base Security [W]
Despite the fact that all these items have been working perfectly in the past and are now "locked" on the Xbox One version.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

UPDATE (14.07.19 / 15:02)
Just gone on my Xbox 360 console and loaded Halo: Reach -
  • While the Xbox One is saying "PREREQUISITES NOT MET" for the items mentioned above, ALL of the items are available and I can equip them on the 360.
  • My friend checked on his gamertag that he uses on Xbox One and he has his items available, but when we swap onto the Xbox 360 its the opposite effect - all of his items are now locked on the Xbox 360, despite actually being EQUIPPED on his character and in use on the X1, he now has got default chest and helmet "equipped" as soon as we swapped consoles!
From another thread:
Quote:
If you have unlocked them before on the Xbox 360 app, you can go into the Xbox Live store on the Xbox One and download/install them. I had to do that for my Recon Helmet and Elite Officer Armor that I unlocked on Xbox 360. I just went into the store on Xbox One and just downloaded them without any repurchase.
Not sure it'll work but it might be worth trying.
From another thread:
Quote:
If you have unlocked them before on the Xbox 360 app, you can go into the Xbox Live store on the Xbox One and download/install them. I had to do that for my Recon Helmet and Elite Officer Armor that I unlocked on Xbox 360. I just went into the store on Xbox One and just downloaded them without any repurchase.
Not sure it'll work but it might be worth trying
Thanks for the suggestion, however those items were issued as redeem codes which is how it is saying to go into the store. The items in my post were the Halo Waypoint items - these dont get downloaded and cannot be viewed in the store as they are different. Thanks for trying though - appreciate the help :)
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
The guy just wants access to the armor he unlocked however long ago. Sure, aesthetics are, well, aesthetics. They don't impact gameplay, but that doesn't mean the guy shouldn't want to be able to wear an aesthetic that he spent time unlocking. One of the most popular aspects of the game, customization.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
Spoiler:
Show
The point is he did the work and 343 has changed or ruined it, hope this isn't foreshadowing for the future of unlock and forget about us.
Surely the fact that I have put the time and effort in to access and use these items plus the fact that they are now locked is worth discussing. If you personally dont care about the customisation items then please dont bother wasting my time commenting here about how useless they are!

My only concerns are A) why are they now locked? and B) Is there a solution?

If you cannot help then do not comment
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
Spoiler:
Show
Ali B 1475 wrote:
The armor selection in Reach do not affect game play at all. It makes no difference if you use the default armor or any armor unlocked later in the game.

I will continue to post this statement every time the subject of Reach armor comes up in the forums even though no one ever asks and most people already understand that like in Halo 3, Halo 4 and the large majority of games in general, armor and skins are for aesthetics only and no one expects them to have an impact on game play.
Surely the fact that I have put the time and effort in to access and use these items plus the fact that they are now locked is worth discussing. If you personally dont care about the customisation items then please dont bother wasting my time commenting here about how useless they are!

Are you referring to Blodhgarm's pinned topic? I checked that out when other people started to report the missing armour but found that only covers how to unlock it.
Ali B 1475 wrote:
The armor selection in Reach do not affect game play at all. It makes no difference if you use the default armor or any armor unlocked later in the game.

I will continue to post this statement every time the subject of Reach armor comes up in the forums even though no one ever asks and most people already understand that like in Halo 3, Halo 4 and the large majority of games in general, armor and skins are for aesthetics only and no one expects them to have an impact on game play.

I'm agreeing with you. But do you think 343 doesn't care about fixing the issue because it's bungie or do they just not care/have time for fixing little issues like these?

I feel like a lot of halo players like to play the game and achievement hunt to unlock the different armors that the regular joe doesn't car much about. I think its part of why they like to grind and the completionist in me and I'm sure in all of us, would at least be a little disappointed that our efforts of unlocking everything came down to a glitch that we couldn't control and that we will forever only have 99.99% of the game unlocked and completed. =/

Talk about torture....
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not make non-constructive posts
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
Spoiler:
Show
how do i unlock it
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
to be or not be
Please don't revive old topics thanks