I just beat Halo 4 solo on Legendary difficulty, and excluding the first mission and some of the second, it was all in one sitting. Should I feel proud of this, or should I feel shameful that I have enough experience with these games to do that? I did it in around seven hours.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with it, and don't let anybody else tell you otherwise. There is a reason why there are achievements for beating the games on Legendary and that reason is so you can be proud that you have done it. As for the time you spent, again, don't let anybody tell you how to spend your time. If you want to spend it playing video games then you do just that.
As long as you aren't neglecting other responsibilities then I'd go with pride.
Spending time on a game you enjoy is perfectly fine—everyone has a hobby and it's called 'free time' for a reason after all—providing it doesn't interfere with the rest of your life in a negative way.
7 hours relaxing on a lazy Saturday with nothing to do? Nothing wrong with that. 7 hours of neglecting work, dinner, people etc.? That's when it starts to become an issue.
If you can balance your time well enough, there's no reason to feel ashamed.
I just beat Halo 4 solo on Legendary difficulty, and excluding the first mission and some of the second, it was all in one sitting. Should I feel proud of this, or should I feel shameful that I have enough experience with these games to do that? I did it in around seven hours.
Good for you.
As long as you enjoy the game, and enjoy your time playing it, then no need to feel shamed on. Halo is a great game series, so never feel shameful for spending time on it.
Definitely pride or whatever emotion your Spartan is currently displaying in your profile picture :-)
Why should you feel shame? You love Halo, and that is all that matters. You do what you wanna do, friend!
People who say its shameful are just jealous because they probably lose at easy difficulty.
That's we call a good hunting
solo legendary, no matter the game is a feat. Good job. Especially in one sitting.
well done :)
I'd say that's something to be proud of. Personally, beating a game on the hardest setting by myself gives me a sense of satisfaction and reward. You accomplished a difficult challenge, and that's awesome. I also like it when games reward you for it, such as Halo 4. You now got yourself the sweet Mark VI armor and Legendary visor. :)
How about neither? I mean it’s just a game, and people have opinions but ultimately only yours matters if you had fun and felt accomplishment, then congrats! I have to say I envy your dedication. I don’t even think I beat Reach, my absolute favorite one, on Legendary, much less solo legendary. I’ve beaten them all on Heroic. One day I’m hoping my nostalgia addiction will compel me to beat the entirety of the MCC on a legendary solo play through just to revisit it all but in the form of my biggest challenge yet.
If you enjoyed doing it I wouldn't be ashamed; it's your time to spend how you want.