So a while back when I played Halo Reach ranking up was easy at first got more difficult the higher you got which is understandable but later they implemented some code I guess which made it even more of a pain like it wasn't enough of a pain already I used to get about eight to ten thousand points on one of the missions in heroic but after the code I can only get 600 and some now what the hell did they do
Probably, you got lots of credits by completing daily/weekly challenges and campaign commendations. At your current rank, the amount of credits you can get is reduced, it's like an incentive to play in matchmaking.
Probably, you got lots of credits by completing daily/weekly challenges and campaign commendations. At your current rank, the amount of credits you can get is reduced, it's like an incentive to play in matchmaking.
But I am not big into online playing and I don't think you should be forced to play online to rank up
X11 XOMAN wrote:
But I am not big into online playing and I don't think you should be forced to play online to rank up
The multiplayer side of the Halo games has a lot more replay value than the campaign has and Bungie needed an incentive to keep players playing.
X11 XOMAN wrote:
If you're not interested in PvP, the best ways to gain credits are :
  • playing firefight multiplayer with other players(don't know if you can find games nowadays) or solo(score attack), and complete the commendations;
  • complete campaign commendations;
  • complete daily/weekly challenges(some of them are on multiplayer, though)
If you're not interested in PvP, the best ways to gain credits are :
  • playing firefight multiplayer with other players(don't know if you can find games nowadays) or solo(score attack), and complete the commendations;
  • complete campaign commendations;
  • complete daily/weekly challenges(some of them are on multiplayer, though)
Yes, finding games in Firefight Matchmaking is still possible, however you may only match with partial teams and some players will be afk.
I'm currently in the process of creating a spreadsheet with the average credit payouts from the Score Attack playlist in firefight matchmaking. Here is a list of each individual payout type and an approximation of its size if 2x Score Attack is played.

Completion: Credit payout given for every full minute played (in a game) and will increase by 10% per level after Field Marshall. Here are the payouts for a 10 minute game for few different levels.
Spoiler:
Show
This can be compared to the none matchmaking credit payout for minutes played. However, this payout is capped to the 10 min payout when the game exceeds 10 min. Here is this payout for the same levels compared to above but please note estimate values has been used for Field Marshall and Here which means that the actually payout may differ slightly.
Spoiler:
Show
With these numbers, we can find that the Score Attack Matchmaking payout for time played is approximately 180% high than for none matchmaking gametypes. However, there do also exist few playlists like Grifball and Firefight which has a slightly higher credit payout per minute played.

Commendation: Credit payout for making actions which contribute towards commendation progress or when reaching commendation milestones. The milestone payout is insubstantial in terms of size so the progress credits will be shown for the Firefight commendations. However, please note that the commendation progress payout also be payed when the commendation is maxed with the exception of Campaign commendation progress payout which will only be payed for commendations below Silver.
Spoiler:
Show
For me, the average commendation credit payout for a 2x Score Attack games lies around 800-900 cR/game but this number may differ due to a different map or playstyle.

Slot Machine: The third and final credit payout is the Slot Machine which is a randomized credit payout. This payout will be given for every completed (no quitting) matchmaking game that is longer than 2 minutes. Based on the Slot Machine payout for 608 recorded games, the following numbers got found.
Spoiler:
Show
If the 3000 cR payout is ignored, the maximum payout is 999 cR and the expected payout got lowered to 377 cR. Finally, out of the 608 games, 37 gave a slot machine payout of 3000 which is also by far the most common specific slot machine payout.

In conclusion, the credit payout in Halo Reach is based on a multitude of different factors and with careful testing, the expected payout can be specified.

/CuriousGalaxy91
Halo Reach came out in 2010 which was 9 years ago. The grind to Inheritor was pretty rough even with a healthy multiplayer population. Now, in 2019, that grind has become borderline insane and mind-numbing. The player population is very small with the majority of people playing either being really bad, really good, or those hacking/modding to have a good time. If I were you, Id say forget the grind and wait until Halo Reach is added to MCC and start grinding out rank on there instead.
Halo Reach came out in 2010 which was 9 years ago. The grind to Inheritor was pretty rough even with a healthy multiplayer population. Now, in 2019, that grind has become borderline insane and mind-numbing. The player population is very small with the majority of people playing either being really bad, really good, or those hacking/modding to have a good time. If I were you, Id say forget the grind and wait until Halo Reach is added to MCC and start grinding out rank on there instead.
I'm currently on my journey towards Inheritor and based in my own feelings, it's not too bad. The part that helps most is actually that the time based credit payouts gets increased by 10% for every level past Field Marshall.
I'm currently on my journey towards Inheritor and based in my own feelings, it's not too bad. The part that helps most is actually that the time based credit payouts gets increased by 10% for every level past Field Marshall.
If you're up for the grind, knock yourself out. It's been a while since I've loaded up Halo Reach on 360. I reached Inheritor a a few years back so my fiance would stop teasing me about it. She actually reached Inheritor a solid year before I did.
If you're up for the grind, knock yourself out. It's been a while since I've loaded up Halo Reach on 360. I reached Inheritor a a few years back so my fiance would stop teasing me about it. She actually reached Inheritor a solid year before I did.
If you didn't know it already. Halo Reach is one of the the backwards compatible Xbox 360 games on Xbox One.

In matchmaking, my main focus has generally been to focus on Score Attack as a preferred playlist for credit farming due to no additional players requirement to start a game.
In matchmaking, my main focus has generally been to focus on Score Attack as a preferred playlist for credit farming due to no additional players requirement to start a game.
That's what I used to do on Sunday's. I had two TV's set up next to each other. I'd be playing Score Attack on one and would have NFL games on the other. It was a nice, relaxing way to enjoy the day and grind out some credits.