Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

RE-POPULATION REVOLUTION (UPDATE: 6/11/13)

OP NinjaJ10

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. ...
  7. 14
I will join this ! add me killamohnjorrow!
I'm excited for Bungie Day especially with all the new players, but my grandpa's birthday is Bungie day, which takes up a chunk of the day (sorry Grandpa!).
With Halo 3 coming free to gold members next month, I really think we have at least a few months of good, quality Halo to look forward to.

Pre-emptive message for anyone who started with Reach: Told you...
But the people that download Halo 3 for free won't have the DLC and that means they aren't able to play most of the playlists...
add me for h3 GT:BL4CK HAWK 8
I was excited thinking Halo 3 would get a huge boost becoming free. Now i'm aware of this, YEAH.
Quote:
But the people that download Halo 3 for free won't have the DLC and that means they aren't able to play most of the playlists...
Exactly why I disliked Halo 3 back then, you had to buy the DLC to play most of the playlists in game, when ODST came out, I just gave the multiplayer disk to a friend because of how disinterested in multiplayer I had become
Quote:
Quote:
Exactly why I disliked Halo 3 back then, you had to buy the DLC to play most of the playlists in game, when ODST came out, I just gave the multiplayer disk to a friend because of how disinterested in multiplayer I had become
And yet, with Halo 4 DLC, people complain that they only play on the new maps only a handful of times (not including the DLC playlists) and feel like they've wasted their money. The same problem existed in Halo Reach as well.

However, with Halo 3 DLC, all players who own the DLC are, automatically, GUARANTEED to play matches on DLC maps which is a huge plus factor.

Those who purchased Halo 3 DLC actually get their money's worth unlike those who purchased Halo 4 DLC. Just saying.

(p.s.: Having DLC requirements may seem unfair at first, but it brings more variety to game in the long run which is always a good thing)

Great news about Halo 3 being free, but will it do anything? I just don't see that many people downloading it to be honest. I hate to be that guy, but I am genuinely concerned with how well it will perform.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
And yet, with Halo 4 DLC, people complain that they only play on the new maps only a handful of times (not including the DLC playlists) and feel like they've wasted their money. The same problem existed in Halo Reach as well.

However, with Halo 3 DLC, all players who own the DLC are, automatically, GUARANTEED to play matches on DLC maps which is a huge plus factor.

Those who purchased Halo 3 DLC actually get their money's worth unlike those who purchased Halo 4 DLC. Just saying.

(p.s.: Having DLC requirements may seem unfair at first, but it brings more variety to game in the long run which is always a good thing)

Especially when people are forced to spend their money

When my friends asked me to play Halo 3 it went like this "Hey man wanna play Halo 3?" "Ok, why not?" "Dude you don't have the DLC get it!" "No, I refuse to be forced to pay more to play more than half of the multiplayer section of the game!"

Seriously, Social BTB requires all DLC? Why could they not have had Social BTB and Social BTB DLC, it's not that hard and I'm disappointed 343 haven't implemented something like that, but they have playlists for DLC maps which I'd like to be rotated more
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

When my friends asked me to play Halo 3 it went like this "Hey man wanna play Halo 3?" "Ok, why not?" "Dude you don't have the DLC get it!" "No, I refuse to be forced to pay more to play more than half of the multiplayer section of the game!"

Seriously, Social BTB requires all DLC? Why could they not have had Social BTB and Social BTB DLC, it's not that hard and I'm disappointed 343 haven't implemented something like that, but they have playlists for DLC maps which I'd like to be rotated more
The fact that people were asking you to get the maps should tell you that buying them would have been worth it. I dont remember anyone asking me to buy reach's maps, so I assumed they werent that amazing (by the looks of it, they didnt look that great either). And H4? The game itself isnt that great as it is, so why even bother?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The fact that people were asking you to get the maps should tell you that buying them would have been worth it. I dont remember anyone asking me to buy reach's maps, so I assumed they werent that amazing (by the looks of it, they didnt look that great either). And H4? The game itself isnt that great as it is, so why even bother?
No, they just wanted to play with me but couldn't play the playlists they wanted to because I didn't want to get it, when I got the ODST multiplayer disk I was disappointed
I will return with friends and hopefully more. I am hoping to see at least 3,000-5,000 players. Some in each playlist. This Bungie day will be nothing less than a blast from the past.
I'm down for it, and I'll try to bring a couple of friends and my girl with me.

My GT is ArthurEloi115 :D
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No, they just wanted to play with me but couldn't play the playlists they wanted to because I didn't want to get it, when I got the ODST multiplayer disk I was disappointed
Not much of a forger, are you? The MM disk that came with ODST gave everyone sandbox, the father of Reach's forge world. I made a countless number of forge maps and played so many fun custom game matches on sandbox. That and the remake of Halo 2's Midship made it a great map pack.

But I forgot, you dont like Halo 3 for whatever reason. If thats the case, maybe this isnt the forum section for you then.
I'll get as many people as I can! Bungie Day was always a favorite.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Not much of a forger, are you? The MM disk that came with ODST gave everyone sandbox, the father of Reach's forge world. I made a countless number of forge maps and played so many fun custom game matches on sandbox. That and the remake of Halo 2's Midship made it a great map pack.

But I forgot, you dont like Halo 3 for whatever reason. If thats the case, maybe this isnt the forum section for you then.
I'm talking about multiplayer wise, I'm bringing up the point it's ridiculous to force people to buy DLC to access of most the multiplayer section
So what DLC packs for H3 has what play list to play on them? If more people started playing again i would renew my gold account to play again. Does having the mutiplayer disc from odst help? Can anyone explain please, its been some time for me. Thank you :)
Quote:
So what DLC packs for H3 has what play list to play on them? If more people started playing again i would renew my gold account to play again. Does having the mutiplayer disc from odst help? Can anyone explain please, its been some time for me. Thank you :)
The ODST multiplayer disc has all the DLC.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm talking about multiplayer wise, I'm bringing up the point it's ridiculous to force people to buy DLC to access of most the multiplayer section
Well, Halo 3 is 7 years old, so its not changing unless 343i does something to it. And reach and the current Halo 4 dont force you to do that anyhow, so idk why you are complaining.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. ...
  7. 14