Reach freezing your Xbox?

OP tuddytickler

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Ok i will try this right now i hope it works
It froze on me once when I was browsing my service record while searching. Restart. Froze on me again while I was launching my games on demand version of Reach. Restart. Froze again after Reach launched and was stuck checking downloadable content data. Restart. Reach froze again navigating in game menus while searching. Restart. Attempt multiple times to launch Reach but receive an error message saying that it can't launch. I assume my copy of reach got corrupted somehow, go to my download history and contemplate redownloading Reach but click play now instead and it launched without a hitch and hasn't frozen since. This all happened within the span of a hour and I can't recall a time where I had to restart this many times.

*edit*BTW my service tag somehow changed to H488.
@OP This has happened to me a few times and is usually a result of XBL having issues. I log in and launch fine but if I try to do anything that requires an XBL connection (I am somehow still logged in though, or so they say) my console freezes. In a similar way to yours. If I hit the guide; sound, but no visual.
It usually happens to me at like 3-4 in the morning so I can only assume it's when XBL is doing maintenance or something and just not telling us.
IDK though for sure, hope you have better luck soon
well to no success it still doesnt work at all i reset my modem shut everything off and unplugged it all turned it back on deleted the game installed on my hard drive tried with out it installed nothing then re-installed it still doesnt work im at wits end it has been doing this for weeks now and every single time i try all through out the day it just kicks me off as soon as the match is about to start
Lol, Timmy wasn't lying when he said he was chatting to Moa last night.
Happens to me too; twice yesterday @ like 4.

-opened Start Menu-Challenges then froze
-opened Start Menu then closed it, froze

Reach is installed to my HDD, and I thought it was because my Reach disc is really cracked. But since the disc is readable to know it is Reach everything should work off the hard drive, right?
was playing last evening and changing my armour and such, no freezing for me. Not sure whats wrong with you stuff but there could be a number of reasons. Just uninstall reach from the HDD and clear your cache, maybe remove your HDD from the console and then put it back in. Then again depending on where your Xbox is sitting (either vertical or laying down) might need to moved. On top of that you may want to check to see if you have 150 data saves for Reach on your HDD, because I almost 100% sure that the limit is 150 saves (films gametypes screenshots etc.) and that could cause Reach to freeze if its almost full. That sucks man, but as I stated no freezing issue for me. :/
Well the problem has stopped. Maybe it's just something that happens over time, or a little glitch. Either way, it's stopped.
Happened to me today, but it wasn't the game. It was my console problem. Didn't set up the fan right. Had to take the whole system apart to fix it. It was pretty easy.
I haven't had my Xbox freeze up totally, but I have noticed some intermittent freezing during matchmaking games, particularly during large explosions in forge world maps. The people I was playing with were experiencing the same thing.

Anyone else notice the game freezes up briefly during matchmaking games?
Quote:
Reach is installed to my HDD, and I thought it was because my Reach disc is really cracked. But since the disc is readable to know it is Reach everything should work off the hard drive, right?
Not necessarily. The 360 never installs the whole game; just parts of it, to speed up loading. This often includes maps and Campaign missions, for Halo games that were optimized to load from the hard drive.

If any data that doesn't get installed is damaged on your disc, you're outta luck.

Quote:
I haven't had my Xbox freeze up totally, but I have noticed some intermittent freezing during matchmaking games, particularly during large explosions in forge world maps. The people I was playing with were experiencing the same thing.

Anyone else notice the game freezes up briefly during matchmaking games?
Been hearing things about MM maintenance. During matches, Reach periodically sends "heartbeats" of data to the servers, so maybe something's causing those heartbeats to glitch up. This is pure 100% speculation, of course. :\
This happened to me, then it popped up the "Reach server not available at this time. All working normal the nextday.
The only time Halo: Reach will freeze for me is when using my account on either of my friend's two XBox 360s (Whichever one is readily available at the time). Unless I play at least one match of anything after starting the game up (Doesn't matter what it is) first, If I go into the start menu (Where the armory and other options are) and then leave the menu, it will freeze and I will have to reboot the system. This happens regardless whether or not I am online. It's an awkward glitch, but I know what action triggers it and how to avoid it, so I'm alright.
Quote:
Hey everybody, I don't know if this is happening to anyone else but whenever I try to select a map, or go to the Armory in Halo: Reach, it freezes my console, and it doesn't unfreeze. This has never happened before today, and I have no idea as to what is causing the issue. It is happening to a couple of my friends as well, so I know I'm not the only one. If anyone has any answers that would be more than helpful.
This is happening to me, but when I click armory, it freezes for a minute or so, then it unfreezes. Then right after that happens, I get disconnected from xbox live. I then wait a few more minutes, and it comes back. I keep thinking to myself, what the hell is wrong with this connection?
This problem has affected me too but in a minor way...

As well as freezing for about a min' on my armory and player customization I also lose my officer armor (it is downloaded on my hard drive as with all my reach items) and regain it about 10 mins later, I don't understand why it didn't do it when I first open up my p' customization though...

Is it a glitch, a connection issue to the halo reach servers or my xbox, please help me out so I can fix this problem.

Thanks for reading.

-C Z
Quote:
Hey everybody, I don't know if this is happening to anyone else but whenever I try to select a map, or go to the Armory in Halo: Reach, it freezes my console, and it doesn't unfreeze. This has never happened before today, and I have no idea as to what is causing the issue. It is happening to a couple of my friends as well, so I know I'm not the only one. If anyone has any answers that would be more than helpful.
OMG! That just started happening this morning. I though it was my just me!
Same for me too, it was working fine last night so I dont know what the problem is.

EDIT: I made an offline profile just now and its working just fine, its gotta be the Reach servers.
It's been happening to me too! I was going to take off my prothetic arm an change my colors for a machinima, and it started happening
wow surprisingly me to i even washed it thinking it was dusty
Quote:
wow surprisingly me to i even washed it thinking it was dusty
My reach is a downloaded game, so I thought it was my XBOX, until someone said the servers were down when the director of our machinima kept disconnecting.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3