Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

Reach matchmaking stole my heart AGAIN

OP xDumbKnutx

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
once i reached 130 in halo 4 there was nothing to achieve and it was easy... it just took alot of time so i went back to reach and couldnt stop playing matchmaking it brought back old memories and it feels alot better then halo 4 .dont you guys agree
No. Reach sucks
Yep. Halo: Reach is still playable and I still have fun with it. I have no plans on ever getting back onto Halo 4. I didn't want Halo 4, anyway, but a friend bought it for me on release day. I really wish he hadn't.
I have yet to play Halo 4 (to be honest, I JUST started Halo: Reach), but if reviews keep coming up as they have been, I may not even waste my money on it..

More on topic, I just spent my whole night playing Matchmaking online with my boyfriend, and I've taken a specific liking to Firefight Arcadefight.. Truthfully, that's all we've been playing for the past 3-4 hours. (... Wow, that long? That doesn't sound healthy...)

I've begun campaign and will probably play it through when my boyfriend isn't online to play with (no offense to anyone, but he's always a first choice as a teammate.. He protects me IRL, so in-game, he's going to do the same); So I'll play through campaign on my own.. If I can pull myself away from Matchmaking.
Firefight: waves upon waves (endless if you wish) against a Spartan with limited resources... Fun, challenging (even gruntpocolypse with infinite ammo, sniper/DMR, legendary, Granade happy/trigger happy is fun as hell)

Spartan Ops: infinite waves of Spartans against a group of spawn camping aliens. Really, devs where all "how can we make AI more fun? I know, let's have them all crowd the spawn point! (I mainly played legendary solo)
I play both Reach and Halo 4, they are both good in their own way, but me personallly I seem to favor Reach more then Halo 4

Reach I play any type of Firefight and play co-op campaign the most

Halo 4 play Sparten ops and matching making when my friends are playing it
reach did not feel like halo at all
Quote:
How so?
i did the same exact thing OP. i think reach is better in every way
Quote:
Hmm...
Reach didn't/doesn't have ordnance drops, sprint as a starting trait for all players, instant respawns, or a whole new storyline, to begin with.
But yeah, I can see where you are going. Halo Reach matchmaking doesn't feel like H3 matchmaking to me.
Reach was just something different. You had AA, a new UNSC starting precision rifle, and bloom just to name a few. I will not lie, I have only played the Halo Reach demo, but i have tons of more fun than i do with Halo 4. I will admit that I was enjoying rumble pit since i started playing it 3 days ago, but then all the easy aim assist go on my nerves.

Honestly, I can strafe on the Halo Reach demo and notice a lot more being achieve because it then I can on halo 4.

What I am going to do is decide whether or not i am going to sell Halo 4 based on how the weapon balance update turns out. If things still seem to easy and unbalanced then i am taking it back and buying Halo Reach AND HALO 3. In my opinion Halo Reach is what Halo 4 should have been except with even more balance.

And i want to get halo 3 again because i gave my copy away. BIGGEST MISTAKE IN MY LIFE.
Quote:
once i reached 130 in halo 4 there was nothing to achieve and it was easy... it just took alot of time so i went back to Halo 3 and couldnt stop playing matchmaking it brought back old memories and it feels alot better then halo 4 .dont you guys agree
fix'd

Halo 3 is where it's at.
My wife and I have switched back to Reach. There's just way too much lag in Halo 4 to bother with.
I loved Reach, and it is a better game than Halo 4. I never understood why people on the forums hate Reach so much, though I doubt they're the majority.
Quote:
I loved Reach, and it is a better game than Halo 4. I never understood why people on the forums hate Reach so much, though I doubt they're the majority.
Reach ruined Halo forever.

AA's
bad maps
no visible skill ranking system
random bloom in weapons

the list can go on forever and we are not the minority. The majority of us hate reach. Anyone that has played previous Halos like CE, 2, and 3 will understand what I mean.

Reach and Halo 4 are in their own category well below the bar of what is acceptable for a Halo game.
Quote:
No. Reach sucks
No u

Anyways, yeah. Reaches amazing. Still aiming for the glowing bony faced helmet.
I like both 4 and Reach, but i have no further reason on going back to Reach. Achievements are 100% so thats about it. I'm also an SR130 in 4, but im playing it just to unlock armors and achievements, then i'll officially stop.
reach is a million times better than halo 4.
ive played every halo and beat them all solo legendary. 2 and 3 were the best, reach was a little different., but its different, not horrible. it was so close to perfection imo if it weren't for a handful of problems: AA, (armorlock in particular), loadouts weren't THAT bad in reach (not like 4). forge was bad at first, but once you understood it, it was an incredible tool. the custom games in reach were some of them best ive had in my life. (3 has the best IMO)
I couldn't play Halo 4's multiplayer for more than 3 weeks.. Halo: Reach will always be my favourite. Just too bad that 343i doesn't support the game at all..
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2