Forums / Games / Halo: Reach

Reach on Legendary

OP xBALLER 4 LYFEx

I finally completed Reach on Legendary, ALONE (I haven't even finished the campaign co-op). My first Halo game ever played and owned. The multiplayer where I'd spend hours playing Infection, BTB, SWAT, and Grifball (when it was played right). Not to mention playing customs for hours with other players: assassination tower, ice cream man, toilet, spider monkey, mike myers, run from barney, slender man, just keep driving, etc... Finishing the campaign on Legendary was the hardest thing I've ever completed in a video game. I'm currently trying to finish Halo 5 on Legendary but, Reach makes Halo 5 feel like Heroic. In Reach the Elites have aim bot and the Brutes have damage boost. Not to mention the Skirmishers were bullet sponges and the wraiths were shooting BACKWARDS!? It was a nice time to remember the story... Naw I just skipped all the cutscenes that I used to know by heart. It was a great playthrough though and I'm glad I did it. I should've done it a long time ago like.... 2013
Halo 5 like all other halos have a specific level of difficulty across all games. Every game is different same with reach just really comes down to your knowledge and skill you have in each game. Congrats on your Reach completion but halo 5 is going to be a challenge as well even with ai teammates it is quite difficult at certain parts. And if you think both of these are hard they you should try laso and step into that realm.
Congrats :-) Reach’s campaign is definitely one of the harder ones.
I remember when I beat Halo: Reach on Legendary. It was on my 21st birthday, no less.

It really is a tough thing to do alone - especially that final mission. That one was brutal and took some doing but it felt so good to finally finish. Congratulations on beating, seriously.
tuhin94 wrote:
Congrats :-) Reach’s campaign is definitely one of the harder ones.
Definitely. I probably could not have completed it without Armor Lock. All I remember is Needle Rifles and Brutes shooting for center mass were my friend.
I yet need to play Reach on legendary if it's as hilarious and hard as the OP says it is I want to do it. And I agree they should have made Halo 5's campaign more memorable besides killing Jul'Mandama in the FIRST MISSION I hope that Halo Infinite will be memorable like Reach.
I like speedrunning through legendary so I don't gotta deal with difficult and unnecessary enemies that make your life hard. Try learning some missions for speed run and do some more till you know it by heart and never gotta deal with tough enemies :) Next step master all halo speed run I personally suck at speed records and stuff but those short cuts make my life so much more enjoyable on halo :DDDDDD
What made this 2x harder was I did the second half on my xbox 360 it's not like I had a choice though. I lost my xbox one power cord but, I should have a new one in a few days.
I just completed this about a year ago (almost to the day) and I agree it was tough. I thought I was never going to finish that last mission there were so many Brutes and Elites and I was pretty short on ammo lol. Congrats on it and that fat 150G to go with it!
dryrain23 wrote:
I just completed this about a year ago (almost to the day) and I agree it was tough. I thought I was never going to finish that last mission there were so many Brutes and Elites and I was pretty short on ammo lol. Congrats on it and that fat 150G to go with it!
I actually recieved 275G but, thanks anyways!
dryrain23 wrote:
I actually recieved 275G but, thanks anyways!
Well I meant the 150G from the Legendary Lone Wolf achievement didn’t even think about the others my bad lol
I completed Reach on Legendary the first day it came out 8 years ago. It was also my first play through of the game too. That was definitley hard to do and took me almost the entire day to beat it since I had no idea what to expect and I got killed multiple times each level. The Package and Pillar of Autumn we’re definitely the hardest to beat. But that’s how it is with all the Halo games with me. Since Reach, each time a new Halo comes out, I torture myself by playing through the campaigns first thing on Legendary before I do anything else! That’s what I did with Combat Evolved: Anniversary, Halo 4, the MCC, and Halo 5. Only exceptions being the Halo Wars games since those are a whole other ball game being RTS’s and I’m not good with those going in blind. Each game is a real challenge to beat on Legendary, but man does it feel so good when you do!