Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

Reach vs 3

OP Lil Dugget

Most of the community I’m around believe that either Halo 3 or Halo Reach is the best game in the series. I personally don’t know myself, so what do you like more?
I prefer Reach personally. 3 is still a very solid game but it's story is apart of a trilogy as where Reach can stand on it's own and helps world building. As for multiplayer I like the spartan abilities and the general casualness to it. 3 is best for a classic and most balanced experience.
I prefer Reach to 3 in terms of campaign and multiplayer. Plus Reach had firefight and great customization options. Reach.
Halo 3 for me!! So many good memories. Reach was amazing too, but I remember SOOO many custom games on 3 and the big team battles were GLORIOUS! I remember getting recon on my other account and playing ODST also to get it. Also dual wielding is really fun from Halo 3.
I prefer playing Halo Reach as it has many more features, forge options, and better graphics. Reach has a amazing campaign, but it's multiplayer side is not that good with bloom. Still, I think you should play both of these as they are amazing games and are part of most of everyone's childhood.
Reach Is my favorite mostly because your spartan is actually your own, and customizable. Feels a lot like CE also which I love. Halo 3 is the game I lived on in high school, so theres a lot of love and nostalgia related to it.

Reach basically wins out because it conformed to CE's blank avatar concept and gameplay to 11. Forge was much better as well, Halo 3 forge was a chore and half.
Personally have to go with halo 3, the culmination of everything that had been happening finally arrives. You have a true team up with the elites, kill the final prophet leaving the Covenant "defenceless", You save Cortana and activate/blow up another halo ring while driving with some epic tunes and scenes all the way to the FUD. To top it all of some of those missions are pure perfection like The Covenant with all the different battle scenarios and the ending to it still gives me chills to this day.
Definitely prefer Halo 3 to Reach. The multiplayer is a lot more grounded and filled with that sandbox feeling.
Also, I think Halo 3 has much better weapons, and the items like the bubble shield/regen/power drain are all much more fun to have in multiplayer than randomized jet pack boosts/armor lock/sprint for every single player.
H3 is a classic, but Reach? There's a reason we remember.
Hmmmm, yeah Halo 3 is better, is sergeant johnson in reach? That's what I thought!
The hype around Halo 3 was unlike anything I've ever experience. This was a game that the entire world was eagerly waiting for. Everyone that owned an Xbox did so specially to play Halo. It was the final time before all the big competitors started to make their names known like Gears of War, Call of Duty, Rainbow 6, and Battlefield. It's hard to explain how immense the hype and excitement was. I'm grateful that I had the chance to experience it all. Halo 3 is my favorite. From the hype, excitement, anticipation, all-nighters playing campaign, multiplayer, and achievement hunting, LAN parties, tournaments, and all the friends I made.
Halo 3 hype, as @TheLegendary117 said, was insane. You truly had to be at a midnight release event to understand just how powerful of a launch it truly was. Halo 3 would be my pick, but it is down a bit on my favorite Halo games list. That honor would go to CE.
The hype around Halo 3 was unlike anything I've ever experience. This was a game that the entire world was eagerly waiting for. Everyone that owned an Xbox did so specially to play Halo. It was the final time before all the big competitors started to make their names known like Gears of War, Call of Duty, Rainbow 6, and Battlefield. It's hard to explain how immense the hype and excitement was. I'm grateful that I had the chance to experience it all. Halo 3 is my favorite. From the hype, excitement, anticipation, all-nighters playing campaign, multiplayer, and achievement hunting, LAN parties, tournaments, and all the friends I made.
Also, I clicked your link to your Halo collection and my god. I remember that Bungie "Swag Bag" they had for the 10th anniversary! I have one somewhere as well.
Lil Dugget wrote:
Most of the community I’m around believe that either Halo 3 or Halo Reach is the best game in the series. I personally don’t know myself, so what do you like more?
I'm always going to pick Halo 3 over Halo Reach it's nothing personal towards Reach, I think they're both solid games but personally for me I've just had more memories with Halo 3 which is why I'd choose that over Reach.
I would say 3 because of how much time I spent doing big team with the bois back in the day. =]
Halo 3 hype, as @TheLegendary117 said, was insane. You truly had to be at a midnight release event to understand just how powerful of a launch it truly was. Halo 3 would be my pick, but it is down a bit on my favorite Halo games list. That honor would go to CE.
Agreed. You just had to be there to truly understand how crazy it was. The feeling remains unrivaled to this day. And thank you for the comment about the collection!
3 over reach. Real ones know...
Story aside, Reach is my least favourite Halo game.

I don't even like the campaign, just the story.
It's hard to choose, I'd go with Reach first but Halo 3 comes in a very close second. I enjoy playing them both for different reasons. I started in Halo 3 and then transitioned over to Reach when it came out so I have a lot of great memories in both games.
I've been an avid Halo fan/gamer since day one; 20 years ago. I love all the games In there own way but I never really got attached to Reach compared to all the rest of the games. At the time it just felt really foreign and different from any other Halo title I'd played before. I still like Halo Reach, but Halo 3 was the absolute peak of Xbox live.
It was wild! - So I'll go with Halo 3. :)