Forums / Games / Halo: Reach and Legacy Halo

Recon SURG isn't worth it

OP Franubis5504

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
No, there's absolutely no way any customization set is worthy of completing the Plasma Pistol Commendation.

It's ridiculous trying to get a single kill with that thing at least once in each game.

I'm okay with competing the Carbine/Storm Rifle/Plasma Grenade Commendations, but PP? It's just impossible.
Protector and its skin variant is worth it IMO. Along with some bragging rights. I'm at 3/5, it's not that hard. Here's what you do...

Full party Regicide Custom Matchmaking.

All players no guest.
PP as your secondary obviously.
No AA.
Ammo and Dexterity.
It's fun and it's at least 15 kills per match. Win win either way.
Quote:
Protector and its skin variant is worth it IMO. Along with some bragging rights. I'm at 3/5, it's not that hard. Here's what you do...

All players no guest.
No AA.
Ammo and Dexterity.
Not trying to sound mean... but doesn't that count as boosting?
In a way it is, I like to think of as it's more of an agreement among players to only use their PP. IDK
Quote:
Quote:

All players no guest.
No AA.
Ammo and Dexterity.
Not trying to sound mean... but doesn't that count as boosting?
It's been ruled as legal to farm in ways like this in previous games, so long as every player is actually at their controller. Also, what he's describing only goes as far as honor rules for weapons - no farming, just a legit FFA with plasma pistols.
The only problem I see with the plasma pistol is that it runs out extremely fast and only maxes out to 4-6 kills with perfect shots, depending on the ammo perk.
Quote:
The only problem I see with the plasma pistol is that it runs out extremely fast and only maxes out to 4-6 kills with perfect shots, depending on the ammo perk.
This is very true. In the 2 or 3 games where we did this it was a huge problem, we had to resort to melee. Though some of us went to their primaries, people were like "WTF he's cheating" it was hilarious and very fun.
Quote:
Quote:
This is very true. In the 2 or 3 games where we did this it was a huge problem, we had to resort to melee. Though some of us went to their primaries, people were like "WTF he's cheating" it was hilarious and very fun.
Throw me an invite if you put one of these lobbies together sometime.
I have no problem getting the plasma pistol commendation. :) In just like less than two weeks I've gotten between 500-600 kills in regicide. I average 15-20 kills every game with the plasma pistol.
if we could get multi team crazy king with a full party we could really get the pp knocked out haha
I'd find the Gravity Hammer much harder to get kills with than the Plasma Pistol. Honestly, that thing is pretty terrible compared to how it worked in Halo 3 and Reach, not to mention that it never shows up in ordnance drops... But I guess that isn't a problem for Recon SURG.
Quote:
I'd find the Gravity Hammer much harder to get kills with than the Plasma Pistol. Honestly, that thing is pretty terrible compared to how it worked in Halo 3 and Reach, not to mention that it never shows up in ordnance drops...
Griffball. In the near future...
Quote:
Quote:
I'd find the Gravity Hammer much harder to get kills with than the Plasma Pistol. Honestly, that thing is pretty terrible compared to how it worked in Halo 3 and Reach, not to mention that it never shows up in ordnance drops...
That's a good point, I hadn't thought of that!
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
:) My problem is the Fuel Rod, which I never get and if I do it's like 1/1000 drops.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
:) My problem is the Fuel Rod, which I never get and if I do it's like 1/1000 drops.
343 needs to bring back Fiesta Slayer FFA.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, I'm with you on that one. And whenever I do get it, I usually get taken out by a Sniper or DMR before I can get more than a couple of shots off with it... :/
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
343 needs to bring back Fiesta Slayer FFA.
Seconded!
You can just farm commendations with a party? That is total bs. Ive been working so hard on the covenant weapons just to find out that you can just cheat for it. I remember when halo was for skilled gamers....
It feels good once you finished the Plasma Pistol commendation.

I suggest you complete Plasma Pistol Commendation first to get it out of the way.

That's what I did.

But yeah I know how you feel.It took such a long time for me to finish the Plasma Pistol without going into a party with Pistolero users.

Funny thing(not really)I unlocked the SURG variant around the time I was rank capped at 70 and haven't played since to show it off.
"You can just farm commendations with a party? That is total bs. Ive been working so hard on the covenant weapons just to find out that you can just cheat for it".

It's hardly cheating. It's stuff like this that keeps Halo alive: the ability to play both perfectly seriously and chill out doing whatever you want.

I doubt I'd jump into a lobby like this, but hey, perhaps my friends and I get bored of MM and want to muck around in Regicide with Plasma Pistols?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2