Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

Request for 343 by Halo Reach/4 armors

OP Imon Spartan

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
With the imminent demise of the 360 servers. I would like to raise the possibility of 343 Industries unlocking all customizable armor from these Xbox 360 versions. It is a small question that I want to raise, mainly for reasons of collecting and completeness.

The whole topic of achievements can continue to be maintained as before, allowing their unlocks until the end of 2021. But I think that the armors are collectibles that should be able to be given the opportunity to continue being unlocked even without Online. Or alternatively, be unlocked for all players.
I second this. ^^^
With the imminent demise of the 360 servers. I would like to raise the possibility of 343 Industries unlocking all customizable armor from these Xbox 360 versions. It is a small question that I want to raise, mainly for reasons of collecting and completeness.

The whole topic of achievements can continue to be maintained as before, allowing their unlocks until the end of 2021. But I think that the armors are collectibles that should be able to be given the opportunity to continue being unlocked even without Online. Or alternatively, be unlocked for all players.
Agree. Let us go out in style.
It would at least be nice if they could increase the amount of XP/credits we earn after a match, that way we could grind out what we have left faster.
I say at the very least let us keep what we already have. I've had my character's look stay exactly the same since I unlocked since I think Field Marshall. It would be so sad to see it all wiped away.
D3V0K wrote:
It would at least be nice if they could increase the amount of XP/credits we earn after a match, that way we could grind out what we have left faster.
If the decision was in my hands, I would give away all the Halo Reach/4 commendations and I would put quadruple experience in Halo Reach and Halo 4.
Its a good idea.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Yes, this would be a good idea for all the completionists and players that still want to unlocked stuff.
And to add to this, please make it to where we can use our Halo 3 Recon offline. I know they can't unlock it/give it out anymore but I'd love to use it offline in LAN party matches.
343 Industries has a whole year to decide how they will want to leave this whole issue, I sincerely hope that they make the choice that their community likes best. The Halo saga in 360 deserves the best possible ending.
Now reviewing Halo 4 I have realized that to unlock some armor, emblems, and postures, it is necessary to get several commendations related to Online and Spartan Ops.

I really don't think there would be any problem at this point if they were unlocked as won and completed. All commendations for all players.

Hopefully someone from 343 is reading us. And taking into consideration.
I am still interested in knowing if from 343 any consideration will be taken with this issue. With both the armor of Halo Reach and those of Halo 4.
Now reviewing Halo 4 I have realized that to unlock some armor, emblems, and postures, it is necessary to get several commendations related to Online and Spartan Ops.

I really don't think there would be any problem at this point if they were unlocked as won and completed. All commendations for all players.

Giving out the rewards from the commendations is essentially a way to devalue the effort that some players spend completing the commendations. Something else to take into consideration is that it isn't a requirement to collect every obtainable item in Halo 3, Halo Reach and Halo 4.

Giving out the rewards from the commendations is essentially a way to devalue the effort that some players spend completing the commendations. Something else to take into consideration is that it isn't a requirement to collect every obtainable item in Halo 3, Halo Reach and Halo 4.
At no time has Halo 3 been discussed. I also do not understand the need to maintain that exclusivity with the commendations when literally the multiplayer is going to die in less than a year.

I see more important to give the players all the armor so they can use it if they want locally. If 343 can give this content without having to give the commendations then there is no problem. But if necessary, I also see no problem in giving something to which no one gives importance today.
It would definitely be nice if they did this
I would actually really like this. Just being able to use the armors offline, playing some custom games with friends. Everyone would be able to choose different combinations of armor.
are you even able to use armor customization offline? Halo Reach doesnt allow that and Im 95% sure Halo 4 doesnt as well.
I have been wondering about this for Halo 3, 4, and Reach. PLEASE make armor pieces we have earned still available and armor pieces still obtainable for local split screen and LAN fest multiplayer.

I'd like to see 343's clarification of those points about armor customization. If they are monitoring this thread, please advise.

Are peer to peer custom games still available?
I am torn, while I hate forever locked collectibles I also cant support devaluing the effort and work made by the collectors who achieved them legitimately by just giving them out for free to all.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2