Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

Return of classic Halo nameplates?

OP Evan7on7

I cant be the only one who is a bit bothered that you cannot change your nameplate anymore in Halo 3 and Reach right? 343 needs to bring it back. I understand why the are gone for now, but they could easily grant the power to change them again right? Maybe 343 wants to erase all tracks that Bungie left on Halo...
Sorry, but as has been explained many times over the last few years this is simply not possible any more. The functionality to do this was on Bungie's website and that aspect was never transferred over to 343 (same with Blue Flames and Recon). When Bungie moved on from Halo the ability to change or set these was locked down and then when they finally update their website for Destiny it was removed. 343 were able to release Recon in short waves for a while, but are no longer able to do so. It's not about erasing tracks, it's about moving on and supporting the content they are creating. You can't support legacy forever
stckrboy wrote:
Sorry, but as has been explained many times over the last few years this is simply not possible any more. The functionality to do this was on Bungie's website and that aspect was never transferred over to 343 (same with Blue Flames and Recon). When Bungie moved on from Halo the ability to change or set these was locked down and then when they finally update their website for Destiny it was removed. 343 were able to release Recon in short waves for a while, but are no longer able to do so. It's not about erasing tracks, it's about moving on and supporting the content they are creating. You can't support legacy forever
343 could bring back the option though right?
Evan7on7 wrote:
stckrboy wrote:
Sorry, but as has been explained many times over the last few years this is simply not possible any more. The functionality to do this was on Bungie's website and that aspect was never transferred over to 343 (same with Blue Flames and Recon). When Bungie moved on from Halo the ability to change or set these was locked down and then when they finally update their website for Destiny it was removed. 343 were able to release Recon in short waves for a while, but are no longer able to do so. It's not about erasing tracks, it's about moving on and supporting the content they are creating. You can't support legacy forever
343 could bring back the option though right?
In future titles, yes. As seen in TMCC.
The problem with this is that 343i is now in control over the franchise with Microsoft, not Bungie. Everything that was customizable to that sort was part of Bungie. Yes, 343i has "access" to all that, but to implement it into a game that's older like Halo 3 (sad) again, isn't possible.
Nadesicle wrote:
The problem with this is that 343i is now in control over the franchise with Microsoft, not Bungie. Everything that was customizable to that sort was part of Bungie. Yes, 343i has "access" to all that, but to implement it into a game that's older like Halo 3 (sad) again, isn't possible.
See thats what im saying. They have legal right and the power to bring them back to Reach, H3, and H2. They just wont.
would it be to hard for them to put it in halo waypoint?
343i could easily implement the Nameplate feature into Halo Waypoint but I highly doubt they will though
Evan7on7 wrote:
I cant be the only one who is a bit bothered that you cannot change your nameplate anymore in Halo 3 and Reach right? 343 needs to bring it back. I understand why the are gone for now, but they could easily grant the power to change them again right? Maybe 343 wants to erase all tracks that Bungie left on Halo...
i really want them man, i want to show how halo 3 was awesome
the return of the nameplate on the future halo would be great
I would love for them to bring back more bungie-esque features from Halo. I get they are trying to make their own name, but please don't detract because of pride. Build on what you have been given.
we can not make basic nameplate :(
Classic nameplates would be great but we're not gonna see em. Anything classic we get is from MCC and that's it
I like the old name plates and i don't know why
wouldn't work for reach, but I want it to be in future halo's