Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

RIP Halo Legacy

OP elcompaAlex08

Now, I Can't Play Online On Legacy Because There Shutting It Down It's Very Sad To See.
You can up until the end of this year (2021).
This change will take effect at the end of this year. You do still have few more months to enjoy Halo 3, Halo Reach and Halo 4 matchmaking.
You've got until December 2021. Plenty of time to jump on and play.
I see it as bittersweet. It was gunna happen someday, that's just how online games are. I loved these legacy games, have spent so much time on them and had a lot of fun but all good things come to an end. We still have till december to enjoy them so I reccomend getting in there and enjoying it while you still can. Am still gunna miss them, even though they live on in the mcc.
It does kind of suck that legacy games are getting shut down, however, in a way I'm kind of glad they are ending it in the last month, it does give a lot of people time to get progress and get their ranks while they still can. When the servers do shut down, your stats will permanently be eternal, never moving, never changing. On the last day however, people will literally try to be the new Noble 14, history is repeating itself again and everyone will be there to witness it and it is going to be in the history books.
Of course things like matchmaking achievements will no longer be obtained, but will I still be able to unlock campaign achievements?
ElismanB wrote:
Of course things like matchmaking achievements will no longer be obtained, but will I still be able to unlock campaign achievements?
Yes
Luckiner wrote:
It does kind of suck that legacy games are getting shut down, however, in a way I'm kind of glad they are ending it in the last month, it does give a lot of people time to get progress and get their ranks while they still can. When the servers do shut down, your stats will permanently be eternal, never moving, never changing. On the last day however, people will literally try to be the new Noble 14, history is repeating itself again and everyone will be there to witness it and it is going to be in the history books.
Ah...Noble 14, the legendary halo fans. Probably will happen the same thing for halo 5 in 2029/2030.
Luckiner wrote:
Do you think ranks/armor will be frozen and visible or completely reset to recruit and default rank/armor. Would be helpful if 343i shed more light!!
Run 4W wrote:
Luckiner wrote:
Do you think ranks/armor will be frozen and visible or completely reset to recruit and default rank/armor. Would be helpful if 343i shed more light!!
l think it will just be frozen, no point in resetting ranks.
Luckiner wrote:
Run 4W wrote:
Luckiner wrote:
l think it will just be frozen, no point in resetting ranks.
Oh I thought it might have been like how Reach servers go down in the past. If they can freeze everything that would be great!
You've got until December 2021. Plenty of time to jump on and play.
there's a problem and that is barely alot of people play and when i try to search for games no game is found
I just need odst firefight achievements. Will someonee help me