Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

Should we get a Halo 3 anniversary next year?

OP Halo G Man123

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I hope they don't make it... it will be worse than MCC, they should focus on their current products more..
I hope they don't make it... it will be worse than MCC, they should focus on their current products more..
How would it be worse than MCC?
I would love to see a H3A on the Xbox One, but we already have it in the Master Chief Collection. I'm on the side that Yes we should have a H3A, but I do have somethings of why I disagree on it(only 2).
yes
I don't think we need a H3 anniversary edition yet. The graphics aren't H4 or H5 quality, but they aren't bad. Give it some time, let it age a little more, then let the H3A rip. But we need to extend the story first, and then bring out H3A at the end, as like, icing on the Halo cake, since it was the last Bungie-made Master Chief-centered game, and the end of the original "Halo Trilogy".
Why not? I don't know if they could really improve the graphics, but a homage one way or another wouldn't be out of place. It would be a good way to close the Bungie chapter in Halo, no matter how much that pains me to say!
Whether you want it or not, H3A is the only legitimate shot at getting halos population up again. It's a smart marketing decision, for when it would release, and the future beyond that point. Furthermore, I think as a community that still puts up with 343s BS, we deserve a remaster of one of the best video games of all time.
Alright as we all know, next year is 2017. And as tradition would imply,(2011=CEA ,2014= Halo2A) we will might see a halo3 anniversary year.
But is it too early? halo 3's graphics still hold up so is it time to put a new coat of paint over it? It would make sense for 343 to make a halo 3A because they are trying to release a game every year. In my opinion they should just remake some of the more popular halo 3 maps (high ground, stand off, avalanche, black out ect) and give us them in the form of a FREE dlc map pack for halo 5 and even if they make it cost something, i still would buy it. Tell me you opinions, i am curious to see how the community thinks about this topic.
It's honestly worthwhile Halo 3 had some amazing graphics, but a remastering similar to what they did with Halo 2a would be amazing, and working with that game might give 343 an idea of what to do for future halos
I'd rather see a proper fix applied to MCC that fixes all remaining bugs, adds a proper file share system, and perhaps the addition of ODST's Firefight mode. That and a PC release of the fixed version. Heck, make the game a Games with Gold title to re-populate the XBox One servers and advertise the game for the upcoming "Scorpio" hardware (if the rumors turn out to be true, that is).
Yea we definitely should
We do not need an anniversary of Halo 3. Not because of the games age(already 10 years, time flies) just because of the pure lack of quality from the god awful Halo 2 Anniversary. There is no need for the changes made in that game and for the changes that will come with a Halo 3 Anniversary. Wanna Remember Halo 3's birthday. Play it the day of release next year or have a big system link LAN party to celebrate don't wait for 343 to ruin the game loved by so many.
Why all the hate for h3a? I think it's a great idea, I'll get more into detail

the graphics: everyone says there still good, face it, they aren't. CoD4 and Gears of War were considered better at the time and look they got remasters. The only thing h3 has going for it now is art style and to see that art style in remastered graphics would be absolutely beautiful.

master chief collection: people always say mcc already has it so it is not needed. To me, a full functioning h3a is just what the community needs after mcc. If they can get halo 3 anniversary right, we can gain more people in the halo community. The mcc isn't an excuse at all.

Halo 6: Remastering a game wouldn't be as tough as making a new one. It's not like 343 is a tiny company, and it's not like they can't get help from others (Blur for example)

Plus, the first 3 games are a trilogy, the entire trilogy needs to be remastered, and the first two have. I don't want every game to get a remaster, I don't want reach to have an anniversary or 4 or 5, but 3, yeah, let's finish the fight again!
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content. This includes leaked content, real or fake.
I'd love to have it
E3 is tomorrow and let's see what 343i planing to do next year
lets hope a teaser for Halo 3A tomorrow
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3