Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

So I beat 4 on Legendary today (Spoilers)

OP CaptainSlayer

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I've got to say, I'm supremely happy with Halo 4. It is without a doubt my favorite game in the series thus far.

The legendary ending literally had me holding my breath as it zoomed in on 117's face and I've got to say, I'm excited for the next one (story wise, I've still got a lot of Spartan Ops and Matchmaking to do :p)

Thank you 343. You did a fantastic freaking job.

(EDIT: One of the best parts, being an achievement fiend, was seeing the "5 Achievements for 230 G" at the end. =] )
Yay, another positive thread. I agree with you 100% and there are many of us out there still.
The legendary ending kinda reminded me of the Halo: CE ending with it almost revealing his face. Guess it was a nice feature to add to the ending
i dont think there is a difference in difficulty endings i beat the game on heroic and got the same scene your talking about
Quote:
The legendary ending kinda reminded me of the Halo: CE ending with it almost revealing his face. Guess it was a nice feature to add to the ending
I thought the same thing. To be honest, I thought it was going to black screen right before we saw his eyes.

Forty4, I don't have a single negative thing to say about this game. It's amazing.

The campaign had me all teared up near the end. I knew it was going to happen when I saw the "Old Friends" chapter title at the bottom. :(
Quote:
i dont think there is a difference in difficulty endings i beat the game on heroic and got the same scene your talking about
Did you actually see his eyes though? I've heard that's the difference. I just beat it on Legendary and that's it so I don't know.
I have to say I am totally loving Halo 4, thats for the encouragement to play it on the harder levels lol.

They way they filled in all the backstory from the novels was amazing. I have nothing but respect for 343 they did an amazing job!
The legendary ending sounds a lot like the normal ending. Hmmmmm...
Was it difficult?
Quote:
I have to say I am totally loving Halo 4, thats for the encouragement to play it on the harder levels lol.

They way they filled in all the backstory from the novels was amazing. I have nothing but respect for 343 they did an amazing job!
I've never read the novels, which is one reason I really respect 343.

Apart from Reach, this is the only Halo game that I knew what the hell was going on from beginning to end.

I know that's because it's set to be a new trilogy from the beginning. But I appreciate it none the less.
NO no no, that what angry joe would say about this story...
doesn't go along with the other halos, and at least one other book,

so much back story, it leaves a person frustrated and confused if he or she plays through all the halo game with out reading any of the books and such.

that's really what pisses me of,f this story has more to do with what happened in a book and what ever else 343 cooked up. and less to do with the other halo games.

and if you fan boys could answer me this question...
if their were ancient humans and they were at war with the forerunner then why did the forerunner leave all they left behind to the humans? why were humans the only ones would could light the rings and be called reclamers?
Legendary ending- You see master chiefs eyes

normal ending- screen blacks out
Bungie gave Halo to the greatest hands possible.343 put so much passion and depthness to the game, because like us they are completely infatuated with this amazing universe. Like us they want to see it continue. And like us, they'll want to keep it going strong and looking good. 100 percent behind you! Anyone know if there's anything for completing the game on LASO? Maybe including Blind?
Quote:
Was it difficult?
I got stuck maybe four times. Every time I was either pinned by Jackel Snipers or Promethean Knights with power weapons.

The hardest part was facing 5 Promethean Knights near the end. One of whom had an incendiary cannon and the other had a scattershot.
Quote:

Wow, that is kinda lame. I was looking forward to see a cool legendary ending.
Quote:
Quote:

Wow, that is kinda lame. I was looking forward to see a cool legendary ending.
Maybe it's because I beat Legendary first, but it seemed epic to me :p
Agreed. For all the gripes I have with the multiplayer, I loved the campaign. The ending made me feel.
Quote:
Agreed. For all the gripes I have with the multiplayer, I loved the campaign. The ending made me feel.
I love the multiplayer. Just found it odd that 343 did a video with IGN on SWAT talking about how awesome they made it and it's not a playlist :p
Quote:
Quote:
I love the multiplayer. Just found it odd that 343 did a video with IGN on SWAT talking about how awesome they made it and it's not a playlist :p
They did the same thing with Grifball and Extraction. To be honest their playlist choices were pretty bad. Do king of the hill and oddball really need their own playlists?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
They did the same thing with Grifball and Extraction. To be honest their playlist choices were pretty bad. Do king of the hill and oddball really need their own playlists?
Did you play oddball yet? It's crazy fun with the passing. If an enemy is running at you while you have the ball you can just pass it to them and laugh as they start swinging while you lay into them.

xD

They get interception points, you get a kill and the ball right back. Win-win. xD
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2