Forums / Games / Halo: Reach and Legacy Halo

[Locked] So I just Read the New Game Informer...

OP How Is Your Day

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
Edited by Moderator - Please do not discuss leaked content.
Pics or it didn't happen.
But seriously i hope some of this is not true.
Quote:
Pics or it didn't happen.
-Yoinking!- armor abilities..... -Yoink-
I agree with Greybeard, some of those things seem a little...farfetched. But if you provide pics and they back up what you have said then I'll reconsider.
Quote:
Forerunner Vision

Ever wanted to be super man? Now you can! See through walls with your x-ray vision! I can't say I hate this armor ability, I haven't used it yet. I'm hoping it comes with its weaknesses and it discourages camping. Sorry guys, but camping in Halo 4 will not be a legitimate tactic.

Returning Armor Abilities

The hologram, jetpack, and active camo will make a return in Halo 4. It didn't elaborate on the abilities, but you can probably assume they'll be about the same.

Elites Not Returning to Multiplayer

Not much detail was given as to why elites will not see multiplayer combat, it was stated in a picture caption. The caption reads, "Competitive multiplayer focues on the Spartan IVs. Elites will not be playable.

Firefight

Once again, no explanation why aside from a picture caption. The caption read, "Halo 4's campaign is still playable with four players online (in reference to Sparan Ops, ensuring players that Spartan Ops will not replace the campaign coop experience). 343 Industries has no plans to include a dedicated Firefight mode. I'm torn on this, I don't normally play firefight, but I feel like it is a standard necessary feature in the game after Halo 3: ODST introduced it.

No More Weapon Camping

One the skills that separated veteran players from inexperienced players was the ability to time power weapons' spawns. In Halo 4, this will be near impossible. Weapons drop down in drop pods at random locations around the map. Quoted from the article, "This gives the matches other focal points, and it also helps alleviate the advantage longtime players always used to have over newer recruits; the best weapons are not always going to be found at the same spawn locations." Unless there is a distinguishable skill gap between players, I most definitely do not like this idea.

No More Respawn Delay

Immediately after you die, by tapping the X button you are sent back into the match. Now let's contemplate why this might be bad. Let's say Halo spawns are... not so great. A skilled player out BRs/DMRs/whatevers a unskilled player. Now that unskilled player can immediately respawn and find you before your shields even regenerate! I understand 343 is trying to speed up the game, but they must understand the consequences of instant spawns.

Joining In-Progress Games

So to solve the quitting problem, 343 implemented the ability to join games that are in-progress. My question is are we going to have the ability to search for games starting up instead? It infuriates me to join a game at the last possible second, not even offering me the chance to play.

Let the sadness be known. (as well as skepticism.)
Can you please prove this is from game informer? i was under the impression it won't be out for a while.
Well my friends are going to be dissapointed when he hears the sentence ''No elites in Halo 4''. BUT WHY NO FIREFIGHT!? (firefight haters i care not for your useless replies) Firefight was an awesome new addition to Halo in so many ways!
This is obviously a joke lol
Quote:
This is obviously a joke lol
Im thinking so

Sir ..

Getting trolled ________.
I'll scan in some of the photos and a few segments of the article itself, but I can't post the entire article for obvious legal reasons.
If this is legit then 343 has definitely shot themselves in the foot.
They're trying to attract cod fans and they're completely destroying the Halo experience.
I really hope this is a joke...
Spartan points to buy AA's.... FFS

If this is all true then I forsee alot of cancelled pre-orders.
Lol It can't be true! What about warhouse... Are the weapons going to fly through the ceiling?
Re-reading this it seems very far fetched. Forerunner vision? The humans have very,very little forerunner technology. An armor ability that lets you see through walks, no just no. Also the spartan ops? I doubt they would have that. It basically steals the name from CoD and I think 343i is trying to have no resemblance to CoD. Finally spartan points? Sound a lot like cod points from black ops, another thing I do not think 343i would do, why not just use the name credits?
I was gonna say, isn't the issue with the 14-page covering Halo 4 coming out NEXT month? I'm pretty sure it's the May issue.

So yeah. OP is a troll.
Quote:
Forerunner Vision

Ever wanted to be super man? Now you can! See through walls with your x-ray vision! I can't say I hate this armor ability, I haven't used it yet. I'm hoping it comes with its weaknesses and it discourages camping. Sorry guys, but camping in Halo 4 will not be a legitimate tactic.

Returning Armor Abilities

The hologram, jetpack, and active camo will make a return in Halo 4. It didn't elaborate on the abilities, but you can probably assume they'll be about the same.

No More Weapon Camping

One the skills that separated veteran players from inexperienced players was the ability to time power weapons' spawns. In Halo 4, this will be near impossible. Weapons drop down in drop pods at random locations around the map. Quoted from the article, "This gives the matches other focal points, and it also helps alleviate the advantage longtime players always used to have over newer recruits; the best weapons are not always going to be found at the same spawn locations." Unless there is a distinguishable skill gap between players, I most definitely do not like this idea.

No More Respawn Delay

Immediately after you die, by tapping the X button you are sent back into the match. Now let's contemplate why this might be bad. Let's say Halo spawns are... not so great. A skilled player out BRs/DMRs/whatevers a unskilled player. Now that unskilled player can immediately respawn and find you before your shields even regenerate! I understand 343 is trying to speed up the game, but they must understand the consequences of instant spawns.
ALL OF MY WHY

Welp... there's still hope for Halo 5 and 6, right? I sincerely hope OP is pulling our legs.
Quote:
I was gonna say, isn't the issue with the 14-page covering Halo 4 coming out NEXT month? I'm pretty sure it's the May issue.

So yeah. OP is a troll.
Nope, it's coming out on tuesday I think.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13