Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

[Locked] So I just Read the New Game Informer...

OP How Is Your Day

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. 12
  7. ...
  8. 13
HALO COMMUNITY SMASHHHHHHHHH!
Quote:
i think this Yoink! is -Yoinking!- crazy halo 4 may -Yoinking!- suck or it might be ok wtf man i need a -Yoinking!- joint
I am leaving work I am so (i dont know how to put it into words) i can doob one up.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The Elite looks terrible, the DMR looks terrible, they cut firefight, you can only play as spartans and tons and tons of dumb decisions. I'm done. I quit.
6-4 momths before the game comes out, you quit because you hear SOME info you don't like? See in the forums tommorow and next week because I doubt you are really quiting over this.
Most of the Yoink! listed here is Yoink! that people do not want to see in Halo.
Lets also not forget how the Elites and the DMR look like a steaming pile of dog... you know the rest.
I honestly hope this game flops so 343 can't ruin anything else.
Quote:
Quote:
Oh god no...

WTF. 343, honestly, I had hopes. If this is real, I'm selling my xbox.
^ -10,000 customers.
Well since Halo: Reach had 3,000,000 players within 5 days and the Halo 4 preorders are going well(The game is still 6-4 months away) I really doubt the game is going to lose 10,000 customers.
The elites not in multiplayer makes sense to me. They are most likely trying to rebuild their society .
Quote:
Quote:
Red vs Blue - The MOST IDIOTIC thing ive ever read. -Yoinking!- stupid.
Really? How is this stupid?
Franky himself said this is a feature in Halo 4. I like it myself.
Can someone PM a link to scans or something? :o
Quote:
The elites not in multiplayer makes sense to me. They are most likely trying to rebuild their society .
After the war, there are obviously more things then just that to do. They might still be at war with the brutes, trying to make peace with the other species, maybe at war with the remaining covenant loyalists?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What I heard was they have a good reason now for RvsB in the video and that's it.
Quote:
Quote:
So just because you dont like what you are reading you want Halo 4 to "bomb"? Maybe in your dreams because this game is gonna make a LOT of money.
Which is why I called it a pipe dream. It's sad that it's gonna be a long time before good Halo comes back to XBL (I would play PC but that's a total lagfest).

Quote:
I am so astonished by all the hate, are you guys serious? I think most of it sounds/looks great.
Dead -Yoinking!- serious. This game is gonna be a swamp of inconsistency and clutter. There's no way anyone who cares about substance and function could find this appealing.
>implying playing on PC is a lagfest
it's your Internet,as long you have a decent internet provider you won't lag like a console gamer.
Quote:
Can someone PM a link to scans or something? :o
This
Quote:
EXPLAIN THIS AWSMENESS!!
Quote:
Spartan Points

Spartan Points is the new currency system in Halo 4. They will buy things such as armor, armor abilities, Spartan Ops missions (see below), and some
Sounds cool, except AA's ruin the game.

Quote:
Spartan Ops

This was probably my most favorite addition I saw. From how it was described, think fo Spartan Ops like Spec Ops from Modern Warfare but with a storyline. They will span out over several months, encouraging players to return to the game. Game Informer said that Spartan Ops will be comparable in scope and size to the in single-player storyline
ALso sounds cool.

Quote:
Why Reds Fight Blues

I think most of us probably guessed this, but reds fight blues and blues fight reds for training purposes. They fight in something called the UNSC Infinity. The UNSC Infinity is a 3km long ship sent into deep space on a mission. It contains a virtual reality sector that creates the multiplayer experience.
Don't care about training...

Quote:
Sprint

So not only is sprint in the game, but it is a standard armor ability. You do not need to pick it up, it will always be available. You do not need to buy it with your Spartan Points, you will always have it equipped no matter what. So essentially, you can have two armor abilities.
343i taking a page out of the bungie "We now how to ruin halo" book.

Quote:
Forerunner Vision

Ever wanted to be super man? Now you can! See through walls with your x-ray vision! I can't say I hate this armor ability, I haven't used it yet. I'm hoping it comes with its weaknesses and it discourages camping. Sorry guys, but camping in Halo 4 will not be a legitimate tactic.
Once again another awful idea. "HEY GUYS NO NEED TO CALL OUT ANYMORE I'LL JUST LOOK THROUGH WALLS AND NOW WHERE THEY ARE!!!"

If only you could shoot through walls like COD.... (sarcasm)

Quote:
Returning Armor Abilities

The hologram, jetpack, and active camo will make a return in Halo 4. It didn't elaborate on the abilities, but you can probably assume they'll be about the same.
Well when it rains it poors, more terrible implementation.

Quote:
Elites Not Returning to Multiplayer

Not much detail was given as to why elites will not see multiplayer combat, it was stated in a picture caption. The caption reads, "Competitive multiplayer focues on the Spartan IVs. Elites will not be playable.
THANK GOD!

Quote:
Distraction and Revenge Medals

Don't feel bad anymore for not killing a single person in the game, you can get a medal for being a distraction! Oh, you just got killed and now you're raging at that player? Calm down and get rewarded for hunting down the guy that just killed you!

Let me make it clear that I do not necessarily see these medals as bad. They just may reward people that don't actually deserve one.
Awesome now kids who do not help their team mates besides blindly waking across the map will get rewarded for being uselesss...

Quote:
No More Weapon Camping

One the skills that separated veteran players from inexperienced players was the ability to time power weapons' spawns. In Halo 4, this will be near impossible. Weapons drop down in drop pods at random locations around the map. Quoted from the article, "This gives the matches other focal points, and it also helps alleviate the advantage longtime players always used to have over newer recruits; the best weapons are not always going to be found at the same spawn locations." Unless there is a distinguishable skill gap between players, I most definitely do not like this idea.
So much for equilibrium in Halo... Now weapons just fall randomly out of the sky...

Say good buy to competitive Halo.

Quote:
No More Respawn Delay

Immediately after you die, by tapping the X button you are sent back into the match. Now let's contemplate why this might be bad. Let's say Halo spawns are... not so great. A skilled player out BRs/DMRs/whatevers a unskilled player. Now that unskilled player can immediately respawn and find you before your shields even regenerate! I understand 343 is trying to speed up the game, but they must understand the consequences of instant spawns

Ahh I see 343 always catering to peopl;e who play once a month nice!!!! Why should we punish people for dying right, Just let them immediatly come back with shields and clean me up!!!!
Quote:
Joining In-Progress Games

So to solve the quitting problem, 343 implemented the ability to join games that are in-progress. My question is are we going to have the ability to search for games starting up instead? It infuriates me to join a game at the last possible second, not even offering me the chance to play.
This is actually a good idea.

Well lets hope most of this isn't true, Other wise this is not Halo 4, It is Halo: Reach 2, and it would be blatantly obvious they do not read these forums, or listen to the other side of the community if these things are true.
All we can do is hope the people making the game are not nearly as ignorant to the cause as this posts seems to be.

THE DAWN OF CASUAL TYRANNY....

R.I.P. COMPETITIVE HALO.....
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Oh god no...

WTF. 343, honestly, I had hopes. If this is real, I'm selling my xbox.
^ -10,000 customers.
Well since Halo: Reach had 3,000,000 players within 5 days and the Halo 4 preorders are going well(The game is still 6-4 months away) I really doubt the game is going to lose 10,000 customers.
Means -Yoink- all if you can't have longevity.
Am I the only one here who doesn't mind it? I mean if it is a troll, I wouldn't care but if it is I would be open to it since I trust 343i will make it an enjoyable experience.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Honestly, the story is nothing.

X-RAY VISION.

THAT IS SERIOUSLY THE WORST IDEA I HAVE EVER HEARD. THAT DOES NOT BELONG IN ANY VIDEO GAME!!!

Call of Halo: Futuristic Warfare.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
So just because you dont like what you are reading you want Halo 4 to "bomb"? Maybe in your dreams because this game is gonna make a LOT of money.
Which is why I called it a pipe dream. It's sad that it's gonna be a long time before good Halo comes back to XBL (I would play PC but that's a total lagfest).

Quote:
I am so astonished by all the hate, are you guys serious? I think most of it sounds/looks great.
Dead -Yoinking!- serious. This game is gonna be a swamp of inconsistency and clutter. There's no way anyone who cares about substance and function could find this appealing.
>implying playing on PC is a lagfest
it's your Internet,as long you have a decent internet provider you won't lag like a console gamer.
Dude PC is notorious for having awful netcode. It's borderline unplayable.
Quote:
Quote:
the annoying thing is the whole "it's still gonna be halo" and "we're not chasing after COD", but then they add things like insta respawn to the game.
Now honestly... insta respawn should have always been in the game.

No, it shouldn't have.
Quote:
Quote:
http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg611/Hunter7023/photo3.jpg
EXPLAIN THIS AWSMENESS!!
If you can find a different pic.. it says they will not return to MP
pls 343 let me do halo 4 i will do it 1000000000000000 times better than you
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. 12
  7. ...
  8. 13