Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

[Locked] So I just Read the New Game Informer...

OP How Is Your Day

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 13
Quote:
Guys, guys, don't take out your pitchforks and light your torches just yet. Take a deep breath and chill. (Also, OP is only relaying what is in the GI magazine. Don't shoot the messenger.)

For starters, this information is bound to change closer to launch. There's still plenty of time for changes. I'm sure 343 has taken measures to change things like power-weapon spawn (it can't be totally randomized), respawn time, and join-in-progress for matches.

Wait until 343 elaborates more on this information and wait until actual footage of this information to come out so you can see it for yourself. There has to be more to this, things that 343 just can't talk about at this time.
Are you kidding?

The article LITERALLY SPELLED OUT HALO REACH MODERN WARFARE 4.

Well the franchise was great while it lasted.
A few things I've noticed...

It says that a new medal is in called Revenge, but that was something in Halo Reach so it isn't new.

The OP has blanked out parts of this for no reason.

There is a typo in this screen...

Articles are checked and proof read by the editors to ensure no errors are made.

I'm starting to think this is the most convincing and hilarious troll I've ever seen.
Quote:
Quote:
I'd like a pic of where it says no elites in MM, I want my disappoint to be with proof.
He's already posed one. I think it was the one with the DMR.
Well this really ruined my day, thanks 343
I do not trust you. I have seen a picture of that so-called article and it looks photoshopped. I will just wait for 343i to confirm these and then I will say that 343i trully destroyed Halo. Kind of.
Also, there were supposed to be 14 pages, not 1. And I am sure the article would have contained a lot more information then just that, and we have seen that on the picture of the article and all that info was on 1 page which doesn't make sense.
I think this shows how most the community is feeling right now.Link.
Cartman:Community
Mom:343i
Well, I like the "Join game in progress" feature. That will certainly help out if one of your teammates quit.
Quote:
Quote:
So are there only those ugly -Yoink!- helmets to wear? Buying weapons? WTF!
They only allowed those to be seen, I guess it's the default.
Ahhhh, i got caught up in it.
Quote:
Quote:
the annoying thing is the whole "it's still gonna be halo" and "we're not chasing after COD", but then they add things like insta respawn to the game.
Now honestly... insta respawn should have always been in the game.

y? so it can feel like you're playing horde mode if you get a tripple kill?

Strange though.....no elites in mp, yet they show an elite in cog armor with an energy sword......
This is actually good because the more 343 experiments, the more they can weed out features for future installments. Plus, if they took precautions when implementing things like no re-spawn time so it could be set as an option, then they could actually add a re-spawn delay.
Quote:
So I just read the new Game Informer. I just wanted to tell you my take on some of the features they'll be adding or taking away. I won't explain the beginning of the story as I don't think I can do justice to accurately describing it. Of course, if you want to experience and don't want to have that experience spoiled then leave this page.

LAST WARNING, THIS CONTAINS SPOILERS (sorta)

Spartan Points

Spartan Points is the new currency system in Halo 4. They will buy things such as armor, armor abilities, Spartan Ops missions (see below), and some
Omg really?? I really hope they do things differently if this is going to happen.
I can't believe I missed that! No dedicated Firefight? What. The. -Yoink!-.
I love how people are defending this, and saying that they are Halo fans.
Quote:
No More Respawn Delay

Immediately after you die, by tapping the X button you are sent back into the match. Now let's contemplate why this might be bad. Let's say Halo spawns are... not so great. A skilled player out BRs/DMRs/whatevers a unskilled player. Now that unskilled player can immediately respawn and find you before your shields even regenerate! I understand 343 is trying to speed up the game, but they must understand the consequences of instant spawns.

Joining In-Progress Games

So to solve the quitting problem, 343 implemented the ability to join games that are in-progress. My question is are we going to have the ability to search for games starting up instead? It infuriates me to join a game at the last possible second, not even offering me the chance to play.

no...... just no.....

why would they add these? could they seriously not come up with better solutions? why do we need instant respawns? how am i going to get a flag across a map if i never get a moment without having bullets shot at me?
I wouldn't even be mad if you were trolling (I wish you were) because of all the work you did.
Quote:
A few things I've noticed...

It says that a new medal is in called Revenge, but that was something in Halo Reach so it isn't new.

The OP has blanked out parts of this for no reason.

There is a typo in this screen...

Articles are checked and proof read by the editors to ensure no errors are made.

I'm starting to think this is the most convincing and hilarious troll I've ever seen.

He doesn't want to get in trouble with copy right issues.
Quote:
and it looks photoshopped.
There are screenshots in there that we have never seen before and that Elite looks way too detailed just for someone to make in photoshop so they could troll us. It's real.
All of that sounds awful. I seriously hope none of it is true, for 343's sake.
Quote:
http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg611/Hunter7023/photo3.jpg

Here's the magazine in my lap.
Seems legit

yoink!
Quote:
Absolutely -Yoinking!- ridiculous. I couldn't -Yoink!- up Halo this badly if I tried. My hope at this point is that Halo 4 bombs to the point that Microsoft calls off 5 and 6, and that leads to a remastered CE multiplayer finding its way to XBL, since there wouldn't be any future Halo titles it could steal population from.

A pipe dream, but not like I have much else to look forward to Halo-wise.
So just because you dont like what you are reading you want Halo 4 to "bomb"? Maybe in your dreams because this game is gonna make a LOT of money.

I am so astonished by all the hate, are you guys serious? I think most of it sounds/looks great.
This sounds absolutely hideous, and for the first time ever, my thought after reading this is, "This game is not worth buying."
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 13