Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

[Locked] So I just Read the New Game Informer...

OP How Is Your Day

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. ...
  9. 13
Quote:
This is obviously a joke lol
It has to be, right?
Quote:
This is actually good because the more 343 experiments, the more they can weed out features for future installments. Plus, if they took precautions when implementing things like no re-spawn time so it could be set as an option, then they could actually add a re-spawn delay.
There isn't going to be anyone left for them to test future additions on.
YOU LIE!!!!!!
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
the annoying thing is the whole "it's still gonna be halo" and "we're not chasing after COD", but then they add things like insta respawn to the game.
Now honestly... insta respawn should have always been in the game.

y? so it can feel like you're playing horde mode if you get a tripple kill?

Strange though.....no elites in mp, yet they show an elite in cog armor with an energy sword......
So i can get back in the game as quickly as possible
Quote:
Guys, guys, don't take out your pitchforks and light your torches just yet. Take a deep breath and chill. (Also, OP is only relaying what is in the GI magazine. Don't shoot the messenger.)

For starters, this information is bound to change closer to launch. There's still plenty of time for changes. I'm sure 343 has taken measures to change things like power-weapon spawn (it can't be totally randomized), respawn time, and join-in-progress for matches.

Wait until 343 elaborates more on this information and wait until actual footage of this information to come out so you can see it for yourself. There has to be more to this, things that 343 just can't talk about at this time.
Assuming the article is legitimate, why would 343 allow information to be released that is subject to such drastic change? X-ray vision? Yeah, if it's in the article it's going to be in the game.
FOR TEH LOVE OF CHRIST!!!

GUYS! THAT COULD BE ANY MAGAZINE! JUST BECAUSE SOME DUDE TOLD YOU INFO OVER THE INTERNET DON'T BELIEVE IT!!!

FFS THAT COULD BE ANY MAGAZINE FROM THE PAST 2 MONTHS IT'S BEEN IN AT LEAST 3, IF IT WAS REAL HE WOULD OF SHOWN US THE FRONT PAGE AS THE FRONT PAGE IS THE HALO 4 PIC ONLY THEN WILL WE TRULY KNOW IF HE HAD THE LEGITIMATE COPY OF GAME INFORMER.

THANK THIS PLEASE!! PEOPLE MUST SEE THIS BEFORE IT'S TO LATE!!
There is no satisfying this community... Most of this sounds pretty sweet. I am however far more interested in SINGLE PLAYER INFO!!! OP please! SP pics.
Quote:
I love how people are defending this, and saying that they are Halo fans.
It doesn't matter how big of a Halo fan you are or think you are. It's weather you like what you see that matters.
Oh god no...

WTF. 343, honestly, I had hopes. If this is real, I'm selling my xbox.
Quote:
Yeah well... this is Halo 4. Either you like it or you don't.

I'll reserve my judgement after we get more information on the game.
The Elite looks terrible, the DMR looks terrible, they cut firefight, you can only play as spartans and tons and tons of dumb decisions. I'm done. I quit.
This does not visually look like Halo at all. I hope you are happy 343 because your horrible artist just ruined everything.
The elite looks like hes wearing Sketchers
So far Im cautiously optimistic. I have yet to get my issue but ill summarize everything once I get mine. But most people would've received information by then.
ok, if this is real, my oppinions are:

Good:

Spartan ops - a way funner version of FF.
Forerunner vision - Insanely interesting, hopefully not in MM though.
No more elites - Halo 3, they ate bullets. In Reach, either you couldnt be them or in
customs they were overpowered in speed, jumping, etc.
No FF - AWESOME! The maps are such a waste imo, much more excited for the spartan ops.

Decent:

Regicide - probably gonna just be some dead game-type like stockpile or headhunter.
New medals - The most idiotic thing ever, but shouldnt affect me. 343 really appealing
to the 5 year olds on this one.
Joining in game - GREAT as long as its NOT in ranked.

Terrible:

Sprint - Need i explain why...
Red vs Blue - The MOST IDIOTIC thing ive ever read. -Yoinking!- stupid.
Returning AA - Terrible, even if pickups. Thats half playlists out the window.
No more weapon timing - Fantastic! Now all game outcomes are random.
No more spawn delay - There goes 90% of halo strategies, and now objective is a -Yoinking!-
joke.
Quote:
Quote:
Here's the bit that tells you about Spartan Ops and unlocking stuff.
whats blurred out?

is there anything about classic playlists?
What's blurred out is the stuff a little more in-depth. I don't want to be banned from the forums or anything, and quoting the article seems perfectly legal. Plus, it gives people that receive Game Informer the incentive to actually read the stuff for themselves. I don't why I blurred the stuff on the right, but it actually tells you what books you should read if you want to better understand the story. My bad, I can re-edit the picture if you'd like.

I did not see anything about classic playlists, but I'm sure 343 will include them.
its just like I have said, lose 50,000k players to gain 500,000k players, didnt know that both sides would be alienated. So is the ranking system going to be bassackwards too.
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah well... this is Halo 4. Either you like it or you don't.

I'll reserve my judgement after we get more information on the game.
i agree. i am not too happy about some of the stuff i read but i will wait for more info before making up my mind.
Quote:
For starters, this information is bound to change closer to launch. There's still plenty of time for changes.
Lol that's adorable.
Quote:
FOR TEH LOVE OF CHRIST!!!

GUYS! THAT COULD BE ANY MAGAZINE! JUST BECAUSE SOME DUDE TOLD YOU INFO OVER THE INTERNET DON'T BELIEVE IT!!!

FFS THAT COULD BE ANY MAGAZINE FROM THE PAST 2 MONTHS IT'S BEEN IN AT LEAST 3, IF IT WAS REAL HE WOULD OF SHOWN US THE FRONT PAGE AS THE FRONT PAGE IS THE HALO 4 PIC ONLY THEN WILL WE TRULY KNOW IF HE HAD THE LEGITIMATE COPY OF GAME INFORMER.

THANK THIS PLEASE!! PEOPLE MUST SEE THIS BEFORE IT'S TO LATE!!
lmao the amount of denial in this thread is incredible.
Quote:
The Elite looks terrible, the DMR looks terrible, they cut firefight, you can only play as spartans and tons and tons of dumb decisions. I'm done. I quit.
Eh I actually kinda like the DMR
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. ...
  9. 13