Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

[Locked] So, no mark V helmet, no RvB in Halo 4??

OP NekuRoxass

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Quote:
They could just switch Caboose to another helmet instead of removing the character...
Watch everyone in the show upgrade to the new default, while Caboose is so slow he just upgrades to Mark VI.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
RoosterTeeth isn't freaking out about this, none of you guys should either.
I don't see why they would to be honest. They can just CGI it all in now when it's not even needed. Rooster Teeth have pretty much become the Michael Bay of the Machinima world.

Seriously. The CGI is nice but there are times when it's just...not...needed.
They don't overdo the CGI imo, they mainly use it for the Freelancer story bits.
Which looks nice, it was a brilliant addition when we first saw it in Revelation but at this point I've seen so much of it that I'm beginning to get bored. The story isn't very interesting, after each episode I'm left with an "ugh" feeling and it never used to be like that. Maybe I've changed, maybe not. Or maybe I've just come to the conclusion that just because you can put CGI on it doesn't mean you should.

It's just being used so much I'm getting tired of it, which is a real shame since I know how difficult it is to make something like that. It's kinda like the Transformers movies.
Yeah the Transformers look nice but they don't really do anything for me.
I personally like the Transformers movies. The CGI is actually kinda important for action sequences that can't be done through the game itself, so even if you don't like it, it's pretty much a necesary evil.

Also, have you ever thought that maybe since you don't like the newer episodes that you are getting bored of RvB?
Good god no. I've been with RvB since the beginning and I'm not going to leave it so easily. I still dislike the CGI slightly but not enough to stop watching. I've been a sponsor since Season 2.

Besides, I find Season 10 to be a MAJOR improvement over Season 9. The CGI, Freelancer Story and Music were great but the segments on Reach just bored me to tears. I had literally stopped caring for the characters. I personally think it was more because it was filmed on Reach than anything else. The characters just look awful on Reach and since that game is nothing but grey it's hard to enjoy it. I'm funny when it comes to stuff like this, it's gotta be eyecandy as well as good and Reach just looks ugly to me.

So to clarify, I still like Red vs Blue, I just find SOME of the CGI to be unnecessary.
that sucks. I don't see why they couldn't just add it in. That and the odst helmet.
I'm more curious as to what Carolina will where if she sticks around.
Quote:
I think this is the main thing we should take away from this. In the end, it doesn't matter what we think when it comes to things like these because the creator will ALWAYS find work-arounds.

Whether that means giving the characters different appearances in their Halo 4 machinimas, or just sticking with Halo 3 as their platform for their animations, it's all up to the guys over at RoosterTeeth to ultimately decide on what they'll do.

Personally, aside from promotional stuff and the occasional machinima, I don't think the bulk of RvB will be done in Halo 4. If you think about it, they haven't really done much even with Halo: Reach aside from the occasional PSA and some minor episodes. They'll probably just stick to Halo 3 and keep using CGI more and more.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I don't see why they would to be honest. They can just CGI it all in now when it's not even needed. Rooster Teeth have pretty much become the Michael Bay of the Machinima world.

Seriously. The CGI is nice but there are times when it's just...not...needed.
They don't overdo the CGI imo, they mainly use it for the Freelancer story bits.
Which looks nice, it was a brilliant addition when we first saw it in Revelation but at this point I've seen so much of it that I'm beginning to get bored. The story isn't very interesting, after each episode I'm left with an "ugh" feeling and it never used to be like that. Maybe I've changed, maybe not. Or maybe I've just come to the conclusion that just because you can put CGI on it doesn't mean you should.

It's just being used so much I'm getting tired of it, which is a real shame since I know how difficult it is to make something like that. It's kinda like the Transformers movies.
Yeah the Transformers look nice but they don't really do anything for me.
I personally like the Transformers movies. The CGI is actually kinda important for action sequences that can't be done through the game itself, so even if you don't like it, it's pretty much a necesary evil.

Also, have you ever thought that maybe since you don't like the newer episodes that you are getting bored of RvB?
Good god no. I've been with RvB since the beginning and I'm not going to leave it so easily. I still dislike the CGI slightly but not enough to stop watching. I've been a sponsor since Season 2.

Besides, I find Season 10 to be a MAJOR improvement over Season 9. The CGI, Freelancer Story and Music were great but the segments on Reach just bored me to tears. I had literally stopped caring for the characters. I personally think it was more because it was filmed on Reach than anything else. The characters just look awful on Reach and since that game is nothing but grey it's hard to enjoy it. I'm funny when it comes to stuff like this, it's gotta be eyecandy as well as good and Reach just looks ugly to me.

So to clarify, I still like Red vs Blue, I just find SOME of the CGI to be unnecessary.
Ok, ok, I just asked a question. Sheesh.
Quote:
They could just switch Caboose to another helmet instead of removing the character...
the most obvious answer and the most logical
So...you say that the helmet is glued to his head? He cant upgrade like everyone else?
Caboose will probably update to a Mark VI finally, he had it in Halo 2. They do still have the Mark VIs, and maybe they'll have the Mark V in a later DLC, it certainly is possible since everyone has to download multiplayer now.
Quote:
So...you say that the helmet is glued to his head? He cant upgrade like everyone else?
Actually, for Caboose, I wouldn't be surprised if he glued the helmet to his head.
Well the art style of the armours could likely fit well with red vs blue, plus the grifball arena is the freelancer training area is it not?
Quote:
Quote:
Actually, for Caboose, I wouldn't be surprised if he glued the helmet to his head.
I cant argue with that sadly...
Quote:
It doesn't matter because RvB is garbage.
And thus, the smell of the troll drifted into the thread.

But seriously, I've seen you post like six other times in other threads why you hate RvB Prime. Give it a break!
Caboose will most likely wear the Mk 6 (Gen 1) and the rest will be sporting the new Mk. 6 helmet.
Or since Microsoft has basicly given RT the keys to the kingdom as far as halo assets go fir their CG, they may go full CG with the series. I'd be ok with that.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump. Please do not revive extremely old threads without just cause.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Quote:
This thread is A YEAR OLD. STOP NECROPOSTING.
Quote:
Do people just google these threads at random?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3