Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

So now that skulls are confirmed...

OP Buona Sera

Skulls are confirmed.

Now that skulls are confirmed, I'm wondering if they're going to be hidden (Of course with the exception of Grunt Funeral). In Halo 2 and Halo 3, we had to scavenge the level for them. In Reach, they were preset. I don't know about you guys, but I freaking loved looking for the skulls in Halos 2/3 and was very disappointed that in Reach they were available from the start. What do you guys think?
Quote:
Skulls are confirmed.

Now that skulls are confirmed, I'm wondering if they're going to be hidden (Of course with the exception of Grunt Funeral). In Halo 2 and Halo 3, we had to scavenge the level for them. In Reach, they were preset. I don't know about you guys, but I freaking loved looking for the skulls in Halos 2/3 and was very disappointed that in Reach they were available from the start. What do you guys think?
couldn't agree more, i love the hunt.
well they need achievements so they could do achievements like in halo 3, plus they have said terminals arnt the only easter egg so finding skulls could be one as well
That would be awesome if they were scattered through out the campaign but I'm not sure if they will be. Afterall we already have terminals hidden in different levels to find.
As long as Blind and Catch are in the game, search for them or not, I'll be happy.

But it would be kind of cool if some skulls required you to do the "Warthog jump", maybe have one at the top of the beacon towers in the second mission.
Quote:
That would be awesome if they were scattered through out the campaign but I'm not sure if they will be. Afterall we already have terminals hidden in different levels to find.
Halo 3 had skulls and terminals.
Quote:
Quote:
Halo 3 had skulls and terminals.
QFT.
Quote:
Quote:
Skulls are confirmed.

*Wipes' drool from mouth* Yes, I love the hunt aswell!!
Quote:
Quote:
Skulls are confirmed.

*Wipes' drool from mouth* Yes, I love the hunt aswell!!
Will the game contain skulls other than the Grunt Funeral? That was not a confirmation it would. Remember they said it was only a graphics layer running on top of the original engine? Wouldn't added skulls mean the engine wasn't original? Yes it would.

Now if we have two contradictory things, the original gameplay engine hasn't been changed at all, but still we know there is a skull. What's going on? Well, if you look closely, you see the Grunt methane tank explosion is only a Plasma Grenade explosion happening below the Grunt body. There are no gameplay enchangements, it's only a small script.

This is why you shouldn't jump into conclusions, the game probably won't have other skulls. Gameplay enchaging skulls are impossible unless made with already existing resources. Otherwise they could just have added Grunt birthday party, but they couldn't mess with the engine. That's why it's Grunt Funeral, different than Birthday Party.

I'm sorry to ruin your fun, but that may be the only skull we will get in the CEA.
OMG I just found out a man can hope multiple orgasm's ! seriously guys how freaking badass does that pistol look/sound!.
I think we'll be seeing multiple skulls, but I don't think we'll be able to hunt for them. In Halo 4, 343 we'll most likely make scatter them around levels, but I don't see CEA doing that. Game looks great. I did expect some changes to the placeholders before watching the footage.
Yes I think I will pre-order on my way to work now. :D

And oh wow... I just had a vision of a few domino effect encounters for the GFS. he he he.
Quote:
Will the game contain skulls other than the Grunt Funeral? That was not a confirmation it would. Remember they said it was only a graphics layer running on top of the original engine? Wouldn't added skulls mean the engine wasn't original? Yes it would.

Now if we have two contradictory things, the original gameplay engine hasn't been changed at all, but still we know there is a skull. What's going on? Well, if you look closely, you see the Grunt methane tank explosion is only a Plasma Grenade explosion happening below the Grunt body. There are no gameplay enchangements, it's only a small script.

This is why you shouldn't jump into conclusions, the game probably won't have other skulls. Gameplay enchaging skulls are impossible unless made with already existing resources. Otherwise they could just have added Grunt birthday party, but they couldn't mess with the engine. That's why it's Grunt Funeral, different than Birthday Party.

I'm sorry to ruin your fun, but that may be the only skull we will get in the CEA.
This would be a good argument, if it wasn't for the already confirmed terminals. The object will likely just disappear if you go to CE graphics or have some kind of placeholder in the classic graphics.
You know, not only am I glad to see Skulls will be back AND are compatible with Halo CE in the Engine it had 10 years ago. But that short gameplay snippet was everliving proof that CE:A IS Halo CE. And it is so beautiful in the new Graphics layer....

It actually brought some faith for me that 343 will be able to create a very fresh, but ACTUALLY Halo "feeling" aesthetic to the Halo universe again. The beauty and wonder it had in Halo CE and Halo 2 were both very accurately depicted in that video clip. The Plasma Grenade explosions, the music. Even how the Magnum seemed to behave were all very nostalgic for me.

Can't wait to play this game 343. Still iffy about Halo 4, but Halo CE:A alone will probably be all I need to trust you with it.
Quote:

You forget the fact that multiple terminals are confirmed to be hidden in-game. That certainly wasn't in the original. So if terminals can be in so can skulls.
i was wondering if 343 is going to give us skulls in Halo CEA because i really want to do "The Library" LASO.

Also if there will be skulls in Halo CEA has 343 announced which way you will get the skulls? Will they be given to you like in Reach or will you have to find them like in Halo 2 and 3?
In the front page has been showed the skull 'Grunt Funeral', so they're pretty much confirmed. And we don't know anything about how to get them.