Forums / Games / Halo: Reach and Legacy Halo

So .... Reach wont probably surive the next weeks

OP AnNoYiNgSoUnDXx

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
So.... with the Realese of reach to the mcc AND to Pc and with the MP part coming for free to the mcc i have a feeling that it will have a similiar fate as halo 3 had on the X360. Mcc is a game with frequent updates and continous support ( at least for now ) . It will be offering a much mroe diverese and interesting and on the technical side better Reach experience then X360 Reach. i do not see Reach on 360 suriving this. i guess that the hardcore non TU community will reamain for a while at least but who knows . In my opinion Reach being not avaviable on a different platform made it one of the most popular backwards compat games out there.
In my opinion Reach being not avaviable on a different platform made it one of the most popular backwards compat games out there.
True, but I think it's quite a good trade-off: in exchange for fewer players on the 360 version (which by this point is well past its heyday anyway) Reach is becoming relevant again on both the One and PC - two huge platforms. One players get a (hopefully) smoother and graphically updated version, PC players get a new Halo game for the first time in 15 years. Reach should get a nice boost in playerbase, especially if they do decide to add crossplay down the road.
While I am looking forward to getting Reach on MCC I over the past few months have been trying to get Inheritor and it would suck to lose more of the multiplayer people since a little over a thousand people still play daily.
Not getting mcc reach, but i pretty much stuck to ff on the 360 version.
Nah I think people will still play the 360 reach... Not sure what mcc is gonna be like.
While I am looking forward to getting Reach on MCC I over the past few months have been trying to get Inheritor and it would suck to lose more of the multiplayer people since a little over a thousand people still play daily.
If you get a party of 4, can you keep earning cR on firefight?
So.... with the Realese of reach to the mcc AND to Pc and with the MP part coming for free to the mcc i have a feeling that it will have a similiar fate as halo 3 had on the X360. Mcc is a game with frequent updates and continous support ( at least for now ) . It will be offering a much mroe diverese and interesting and on the technical side better Reach experience then X360 Reach. i do not see Reach on 360 suriving this. i guess that the hardcore non TU community will reamain for a while at least but who knows . In my opinion Reach being not avaviable on a different platform made it one of the most popular backwards compat games out there.
It is still very popular though so who knows H3 360 version is still going would you belive!
I’m sticking to Xbox 360 Reach. Even though the most recent update kinda messed with the servers, it’s still a worth while experience as long as you avoid grifball like it’s an sti. BTB is my personal favorite if you’re not a fan of the vanilla bloom mechanics. There are also a few discord servers if your looking for other halo reach/3 fans.
Yeh I think it's going to hurt the 360 Reach...I barely play the 360 Reach as it is, well every time I've played it generally seems like low population since frequently would find the same players over, over. Plus the other thing that hurts it the low 'file share' limits which means I have choose carefully what files I want to carry over to MCC since I'll never be able to get them all across....not even if I used a backup profile to try save them since the requirement is 'gold membership' only.
I think people continue to play Reach
Some people may stay, but I think the idea is to help players migrate to the new generation without any trouble.
Spoiler:
Show
Some people may stay, but I think the idea is to help players migrate to the new generation without any trouble.
Spoiler:
Show
Good point. It's great they are remaking Halo Reach but also annoying due to people who achievement hunt when it comes to online achievements. Also good because the game isn't due to come out until next year as well as MCC so plenty of time to hunt for those of you who haven't got the achievements or game rank.
Halo Reach will still have some dedicated players on the original Xbox 360 version. We still don't know with it's going to be added to MCC either. Yes, people are going to migrate for the better experience and healthy population but there are those who still cherish the original experience and want to continue to build on their in-game stats.
I actually recently replayed reach with backwards. The game was linked to my account since it was basically released and it was a gift from Microsoft them self for helping me test out a update that was affecting reach. I really can't stand the frame rate on that game it was terrible and I don't see how I was playing it back then lol I guess I was just used to the 30 frames per second with halo. Never played multiplayer recently though and might do so again while waiting for the game to come out for pc.
Halo 3 didn't die when the MCC was released so Reach won't either.
I don't see it dying, but it is pretty good on the XB1 already as a backwards compatible title. Unfortunately I ran into a hacker and it's still an issue apparently. He was in full god mode with monitor style hover and 360 degree movement, full time cloaking, auto-headshot-snipe and speed at 200%. I reported it but don't know if Microsoft still takes it seriously for such an old title tho.

This post has been hidden.

I disagree
will have a similiar fate as halo 3 had on the X360.
What's that supposed to mean? I swear I find matches faster in Halo 3 on 360 now than I did 5 years ago.
They should port over your rank or at least you should be able to choose, that's the one game that we all should be able to continue to play and not have to start over on. Maybe just the achievements, but keep armor and Rank.
Or at least a badge somewhere saying what rank you were before it reset!!!!!

Id like to keep the ranks and if we can't than add a mcc rank in reach, separate.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2