Forums / Games / Halo: Reach and Legacy Halo

So .... Reach wont probably surive the next weeks

OP AnNoYiNgSoUnDXx

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
KRSTice23 wrote:
They should port over your rank or at least you should be able to choose, that's the one game that we all should be able to continue to play and not have to start over on. Maybe just the achievements, but keep armor and Rank.
Or at least a badge somewhere saying what rank you were before it reset!!!!!

Id like to keep the ranks and if we can't than add a mcc rank in reach, separate.
every second guy is a fake inheritior on reach with flaming helmet nowdays, not sure that stuff should be rewarded.
KRSTice23 wrote:
They should port over your rank or at least you should be able to choose, that's the one game that we all should be able to continue to play and not have to start over on. Maybe just the achievements, but keep armor and Rank.

Id like to keep the ranks and if we can't than add a mcc rank in reach, separate.
every second guy is a fake inheritior on reach with flaming helmet nowdays, not sure that stuff should be rewarded.
What do you mean by fake? They just did the grind everyday? Or they somehow cheated the credits in?
KRSTice23 wrote:
KRSTice23 wrote:

What do you mean by fake? They just did the grind everyday? Or they somehow cheated the credits in?
The cheat method
I think it will basically kill what is left of Reach on the 360. It's hanging on by a thread anyway, now this will only bring more people to MCC for the renewed player base and more stable servers.
The player count in reach (at least in the backward compatible version in Xbox One) its pretty low, with only 2k people in the game, only in Slayer, Swat, Infection and just a few on BTB, so when it releases in XB one and pc, the game will die in the 360. But, clarify this to me: What was the Title Update/TU??
If it gets moved onto MCC, like many feel, I hope we get to keep our current ranks and especially the armor we've sought for.
I hope not if it does I will have to buy the master chief collection, just to play halo reach. Which I really don't want to do since I still have a 500GB xbox one S and well don't have a external hard drive just been making due with the 500GB storage. So unless I can only download halo reach only then OK it wouldn't be that bad I suppose, but really hoping it's not completely dead.
I think it's far more worth the death of the game on 360 to have a huge resurgence on Xbox One and PC with consistent updates and support giving a bit of life to the community as a whole.
If it gets moved onto MCC, like many feel, I hope we get to keep our current ranks and especially the armor we've sought for.
It's already been confirmed that nothing transfers from your 360 account to the X1. Nothing transferred from the original games to MCC and it's the same with Reach
stckrboy wrote:
It's already been confirmed that nothing transfers from your 360 account to the X1. Nothing transferred from the original games to MCC and it's the same with Reach
Welp, at least we’ll feel a little young again right? Haha I’m still down
Yeah I totally get how it kinda sucks to have Halo: Reach 360 flop by the wayside, but it's had it's time and it'll finally be on the newer xbox and PC! I think this surge will bring more players and have a much more active matchmaking mode! I'm HYPED!
The servers at the moment are pretty trash, I have relatively good WiFi speeds but most of my games end up lagging every now and again
Reach, at least when I played last like 8 months ago, seemed pretty....... fine?
  • Most BTB games I got were a clan of 8 vs my randoms team and the most of my teammates quit.
  • Infection was doing fine but extra salty
  • Team slayer was good still. Occasional 4 team vs randoms and me (would end up fighting the same players in many matches over and over so maybe low populations?)
  • The rare hackers who fly around and headshot people, happened more and more frequently in my last month on Reach.
So population wasnt too bad of an issue then..... so the die-hards will likely stay and casuals may move on to the new version if its what they say it is.
There will always be people playing reach, no matter the size of the community, you can probably get some people on for some custom games. And in the end, we will remember reach.
Makes sense, Halo Rach on MCC will probably be way more stable than the one ported. I've experienced more Issues on backwards Reach so I'd trade a wacky Reach for a more stable one. Plus MCC might actually revive Reach's servers so there will be more densely packed servers for the game modes that aren't alive on 360 reach
WastedU6 wrote:
Halo 3 didn't die when the MCC was released so Reach won't either.
I played halo 3 a month ago and I found matches in 2-3 minutes. Halo comunity is beautiful.
KRSTice23 wrote:

I think this is a really good point, but I'm not certain if it would happen.

It wouldn't necessarily be fair for the new PC players if all of a sudden they have to start out at recruit and they see inheritors on the leaderboards first day.

I wouldn't necessarily mind starting over again. I used to be big in Halo: Reach clans, so grinding out my SPI armor will be really nostalgic for me. : )

On the point of Reach being dead on 360, it'll be for the best. It's had a really, REALLY good run for a game so old (1000 people still online is crazy!) Think about it like this: On PC there will be a lot of support for extra additions and such (if 343 allows it) and it should provide a big boost to the social multiplayer scene (clanning, custom games, etc.) I'm honestly really excited for it!
Im sorry but the way the OP sounded his case out made it seem like its bad were getting a "better" reach.

Its still reach.. and it is gonna be better. Countless hours and developments are going into this its nuts and I look forward to getting my hands on a version of reach with uncapped 4k potential and no motion blur. (We all can agree no matter what edition of Reach you play, you hate the awful motion blur.)

I really wish I was pouring free coffee for the MCC dev team. They deserve it. <3
WastedU6 wrote:
Halo 3 didn't die when the MCC was released so Reach won't either.
I played halo 3 a month ago and I found matches in 2-3 minutes. Halo comunity is beautiful.
litteraly evrything that has dlc Maps in it wich includes most non slayer H 3 playlists are pretty much for me dead. the only place i can find matches in less then 10 minutes are social slayer matches. hal o3 didnt die in the true sense of the word but the community shrinked so much that msot playlists arent anymore playable.
I hope not if it does I will have to buy the master chief collection, just to play halo reach. Which I really don't want to do since I still have a 500GB xbox one S and well don't have a external hard drive just been making due with the 500GB storage. So unless I can only download halo reach only then OK it wouldn't be that bad I suppose, but really hoping it's not completely dead.
The mcc has an awsome feature wich i personaly dont use ( cuz external harddrive and my sudden urges to play certain halo game X even sometimes halo 4 lol ) but basicly you can Only install reach for example and if you want to further seperate you can choose between campaign and Multiplayer.
The player count in reach (at least in the backward compatible version in Xbox One) its pretty low, with only 2k people in the game, only in Slayer, Swat, Infection and just a few on BTB, so when it releases in XB one and pc, the game will die in the 360. But, clarify this to me: What was the Title Update/TU??
Title Update was basicly a gameplay /meta changing update for halo reach. Halo had a history of title updates but the reach title update was different in a negative sense
1. the game was split between TU playlists and vanilla playlists.
2. The changes unlike in previous halos where recived fairly mixed
3. the TU update broke / unbalanced certain aspects ( example the needle rifle on tu upade basicly had absoulutly 0 bloom you could hold down the trigger with absolute no spread wich is one of the main reasons why invasion will be vanilla in MCC reach due to balance simply being broken ) ... But i have to say basicly the bloom changes are the only big problem in the room , thoguh they effect gameplay fairly hard because reaches balance was build around that idea ( instead of shot leading like in Halo 3 wich was prone to connection they wanted to make one skill element more consistend and reward players who pace shots and punish those who dont , ironicly the title upade wich was suposed to reduce randomness acctually made it in some way worse since the lowered bloom made DMR spam fairly viable sinc you just had to aim roughly chest head area
while you had to keep controll in vanilla ( its true that sometimes lucky spamming in vanilla got one guy a kill or two in a match but thats randomness not worse then random spread pattern in Halo 3 ) . this leads to a weapon sandbox devaluation since the dmr kinde gets to be a Halo 2 BR ( aka the gun that basicly better then any other gun except the most extrem ranges ( right up ur face and across the map ) ... oh i am starting to get angry at that decsion again it will still be fun :D
iSethFPS wrote:
Im sorry but the way the OP sounded his case out made it seem like its bad were getting a "better" reach.

Its still reach.. and it is gonna be better. Countless hours and developments are going into this its nuts and I look forward to getting my hands on a version of reach with uncapped 4k potential and no motion blur. (We all can agree no matter what edition of Reach you play, you hate the awful motion blur.)

I really wish I was pouring free coffee for the MCC dev team. They deserve it. <3
No i am too very excited for reach on mcc , let alone for the fact that with the mcc being playable on scarlett and on pc means that reach wont die out with the 360 when the day comes , altough mcc coming to pc gives me some worries here and there concerning population but if they get crossplay right all will be fine although i will probably also get the pc version anyway..... my worruies concerning reach on 360 Is more that Nostalgia thing and that "Itch" i have because i wont be really able to 100 % reach
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2