1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6
i really could care less about sprint. i find it useful, but i don't have to have it. it's in reach, it appears that it will be in H4. so i'm okay with it. i like it to get to places faster and to take quick cover before i get into trouble, but i find it to be amlost useless when i'm already being shot.
Quote:
This! Sprint is detrimental to the gameplay in halo. Strafing speed is cut down to account for sprint. They could put the option for sprint in the game, but as Reign Titan said keep it out of the competitive game types.
As i stated earlier you can keep both higher strafe and base speed while still using sprint in a way that doesn't break gameplay

people are so blind by what standard reach gave the cant accept that thing can be reworked and fitted better into halo
Meh, the success of sprint depends on how well the sandbox has been balanced. If melee combat and shotguns have been given a little too much power then sprint will just go ahead and royally -Yoink- things up. If they haven't, on the other hand, then it'll probably turn out alright just as it has in most every other game out there besides the three-armed mutant goat child that was Halo Reach.
No Sprint in H4 it breaks gameplay and you all know why nuff said
Quote:
No Sprint in H4 it breaks gameplay and you all know why nuff said
yeah when someone made a game type with adjusted base speed strafe speed damage increase it worked fine heh Funny and it pretty much nullified any argument against sprint.
Quote:
Quote:
This! Sprint is detrimental to the gameplay in halo. Strafing speed is cut down to account for sprint. They could put the option for sprint in the game, but as Reign Titan said keep it out of the competitive game types.
As i stated earlier you can keep both higher strafe and base speed while still using sprint in a way that doesn't break gameplay

people are so blind by what standard reach gave the cant accept that thing can be reworked and fitted better into halo
The thing with that is sprint doesn't add anything beneficial to the game. If sprint isn't at least 2 times faster than movement speed there is no point in adding it.

If you increased movement speed to strafe better and added sprint Halo would be sonic the hedgehog with guns.

Basically the better option is to have no sprint so everyone has their guns at the ready all the time and becomes more aware of their surroundings and players will shoot more in general, leading to a faster paced game.
Quote:
Quote:

True, any people fear change and when they have a bad experience, it just gets worse. Sprint, well all AAs and even bloom could theoretically be re-worked to blend perfectly into the Halo gameplay. I doubt it's worth the time, but it could be done and it could even be good.
Sprint in Halo 4 will not be sprint from Halo Reach, Perks won't be perks from CoD etc. Sprint in Halo 4 will be Halo 4 sprint, which I guess is more like the ordinary sprint used in just about any other FPS. I bet perks will be too, more like Homefront then Reach, more balance and less impact, more tactic and less gimmic. We can't know for sure, but after Reach I think 343i/MS knows that Halo can never be a successful CoD clone or anything like it, it got to stand on it's own legs and be Halo.
That being said, it still needs to be a Halo 2012, not -92, Halo was combat evolved and should have continued to be so, the reason Halo has lost it's magic is because it's no longer the game that brings new, good stuff to the table that other games want to copy.
Quote:
Sprint in Halo 4 will not be sprint from Halo Reach, Perks won't be perks from CoD etc. Sprint in Halo 4 will be Halo 4 sprint, which I guess is more like the ordinary sprint used in just about any other FPS.
lolwut.

A new way to sprint?

sprint in Reach = sprint in every other FPS = sprint in H4.

Did you not see the clip of that guy running around the corner in the reveal video where he immediately meleed the guy? That's what we're in for if sprint is in H4. Reach Herp a Derp 2.0
Quote:
The thing with that is sprint doesn't add anything beneficial to the game. If sprint isn't at least 2 times faster than movement speed there is no point in adding it.

If you increased movement speed to strafe better and added sprint Halo would be sonic the hedgehog with guns.

Basically the better option is to have no sprint so everyone has their guns at the ready all the time and becomes more aware of their surroundings and players will shoot more in general, leading to a faster paced game.
this is not true he creator said it play very well and sprint added alot to the game while not breaking it the fact still remains that because to a failure of implementing it into reach has left every one so jaded and leave people saying with out further support the sprint is in no way fixable or adds nothing but just with this alone prove that this isn't true that the good thing about forge world, and custom games you can create anything you want and if a fan can properly balance and adapt sprint then think about a full on developer working on sprint
Quote:
Quote:
Sprint in Halo 4 will not be sprint from Halo Reach, Perks won't be perks from CoD etc. Sprint in Halo 4 will be Halo 4 sprint, which I guess is more like the ordinary sprint used in just about any other FPS.
lolwut.

A new way to sprint?

Did you not see the clip of that guy running around the corner in the reveal video where he immediately meleed the guy? That's what we're in for if sprint is in H4. Reach Herp a Derp 2.0
sprint in reach is nothing like in other FPS's, look at the mechanics side by side there almost completely different
Sprint in Halo is not implemented like every other game where it is a default function. In Halo it is its own unique part of the Sandbox and comes with a tradeoff, you can sprint or you can fly etc. So I think by having it in there as a default will be difficult to balance.
Quote:
Quote:

this is not true he creator said it play very well and sprint added alot to the game while not breaking it the fact still remains that because to a failure of implementing it into reach has left every one so jaded and leave people saying with out further support the sprint is in no way fixable or adds nothing but just with this alone prove that this isn't true that the good thing about forge world, and custom games you can create anything you want and if a fan can properly balance and adapt sprint then think about a full on developer working on sprint
Have you ever heard of full stops? Sheesh.

Then tell me where a fan "balanced "sprint in Reach. That's what I thought. . .

I have seen a developer work on sprint. I watched it in the Halo 4 reveal video. Did you? I saw Reach 2.0 where a guy ran around a corner and was immediately in melee range without having to fire his weapon. Sounds like Reach to me.

Quote:
sprint in reach is nothing like in other FPS's, look at the mechanics side by side there almost completely different
Please go on. Tell me how sprint operates differrently in Reach compared to other shooters.
Pros:
- Promotes map-movement (decreases camping due to inability of cross-mapping)
- Promotes faster gameplay

Cons:
- Allows players to run away when under fire.

With that said, all they gotta do is have players be unable to Sprint while under fire and Sprint will work fine.
They could make like when u sprint and get shot it makes you run slower
Quote:
Have you ever heard of full stops? Sheesh.

Then tell me where a fan "balanced "sprint in Reach. That's what I thought. . .

I have seen a developer work on sprint. I watched it in the Halo 4 reveal video. Did you? I saw Reach 2.0 where a guy ran around a corner and was immediately in melee range without having to fire his weapon. Sounds like Reach to me.
What do you mean full stops???

Some one created a user created gametype with print that removed all issue presented by antisprint users

yes he sprints around the corner and melees on person and frank stated hinting at not being able to double pummel stating if a person try to sprint and melee he would be killed.

sprint allows you to close gaps but this is not proof of unbalance sprint like in reach the footage is cut off before you can see what happens next. and seeing as franky says sprinting melee will lead to death on a head to head encounter mean the flaw you are thinking is not there in halo 4

Quote:
Please go on. Tell me how sprint operates differrently in Reach compared to other shooters.
Firstly sprint is part of the over all AA's system and mechanic which is in no way similar to any other game. also the meter also definitely different from most other games with ad standard sprint feature. along with many other underlining aspects of reachs sprint mechanic VS other FPS
Quote:
Pros:
- Promotes map-movement (decreases camping due to inability of cross-mapping)
- Promotes faster gameplay

Cons:
- Allows players to run away when under fire.

With that said, all they gotta do is have players be unable to Sprint while under fire and Sprint will work fine.
this can be fixed my lowering kill times which from the footage show and 343 mentioning is a lot faster then recent halos
Quote:
Quote:
lolwut.

A new way to sprint?

I disagree, Sprint in Reach has to be chosen as ability, and gives the player a small burst of speed for a very short time. In most other FPS, "sprint" gives an speed boost for as long as you sprint, many have "unlimited" sprint as default.
Those that does not, offer a system similar to the one in Reach, but still allows the player to run for a much longer period of time then in Reach.
Further more: Reach =/= Halo 4, Bungie =/= 343i ;)

The good things with sprint, at least in other games, is that they allow for faster map movement and makes the players camp less, run more. It encourages you to go for the objective or power weapon.
Unlike faster movement speed, sprint makes it impossible to use your weapon (n most games) or at least gives you a worse aim, hence you'll easily be out-gunned if you play rambo. A risk/reward system, which is not achieved by just raising the default movement speed.
I really dont like sprint. I think if they just made the movement speed a little faster it would accommodate to everyones liking without people talking about how slow it is without sprint and keep everyone on a level playing field without people escaping from death all the time.
I think is for sure: sprint IS coming back so the kill times MUST be shortened. The biggest complaint about sprint is that it lets players run away which they can only do in Reach b/c it takes 5 shots to kill them.

You can probably get off 2 shots before they can't get behind the nearest cover so if weapons were 3 or 4 shots to kill then you won't have to chase them around the map to finish them off when all you need to do is find a line of sight and fire an extra shot or two.
Quote:
What do you mean full stops???
Full stops: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=full+stops

If you used them occasionally like a grammatically competent person your arguments would be easier to understand. But I digress. . .

Quote:
Some one created a user created gametype with print that removed all issue presented by antisprint users
Please provide me with the link to that "balanced" gametype. If this user balanced sprint why has it not got the publicity it should have? Probably because it doesn't fix it and just rehashes it. You can't fix sprint.

Quote:
yes he sprints around the corner and melees on person and frank stated hinting at not being able to double pummel stating if a person try to sprint and melee he would be killed.

sprint allows you to close gaps but this is not proof of unbalance sprint like in reach the footage is cut off before you can see what happens next. and seeing as franky says sprinting melee will lead to death on a head to head encounter mean the flaw you are thinking is not there in halo 4
You're not making any sense now. Did Frankie "hint" or "say"? I fail to see how sprinting into melee combat will be any different in H4 compared to Reach. Do you have any links to your sources of info? Seems like you're pulling them out of thin air.

Quote:
Firstly sprint is part of the over all AA's system and mechanic which is in no way similar to any other game. also the meter also definitely different from most other games with ad standard sprint feature. along with many other underlining aspects of reachs sprint mechanic VS other FPS
Armour abilities are terrible and shouldn't have been added to Halo. They create unbalance in Halo's sandbox. And yes it is similar to another game. Shadowrun had the same concept. Finally, just because sprint has a meter that means it is different compared to other FPS? The only difference there is other FPS have an invisible meter.

BOOM HEADSHOT
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6