Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

So Why Do You Still Play Reach?

OP JG Graffiti

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
What keeps you playing Reach despite there being two newer Halo Games?

Is Bungie’s craftsmanship just undisputed, is it the pursuit of the oh so sought after Haunted helmet? Or is it the Menu Music before each game?
because it a good game doesn’t need some explaining to do
Last Halo that gave me those Halo feels, most features in a Halo title to date, offline playability... Those are the top 3 reasons that come to mind right now.
All the new halo games are bad and have no community. MCC is our only hope we need that custom browser tho
I agree with the fact it is the last good ( or even decent ) halo game. I personally play only mcc nowadays but after the backwards compatibility of I also had some matches done on reach. Actually I think I have more matches on Reach in 2018 than on H4 and H5 together.
What keeps you playing Reach despite there being two newer Halo Games?

Is Bungie’s craftsmanship just undisputed, is it the pursuit of the oh so sought after Haunted helmet? Or is it the Menu Music before each game?
Perceived obligation? Halo: Reach is definitely the Halo title where you are able to express yourself the most with your Spartan, but the unlock system in the game is absolutely brutal in regards to how much time it takes to go through the ranks. We all have our ideal Spartans and, as this is the Halo title where our Spartans reflect who we are the most, some of us will put in the time needed to earn those armor pieces, visor colors, etc.. The more time we invest, the sooner we earn those cR.

That obviously isn't the only reason as I won't play a game I don't find enjoyable strictly for the cosmetics, but that's definitely why I try to check in every day to see which daily challenges are available.
A8794 wrote:
All the new halo games are bad and have no community. MCC is our only hope we need that custom browser tho
Don't forget Halo Infinte lol :)
RC X37 wrote:
A8794 wrote:
hello jajajaja im superheroe02
RC X37 wrote:
A8794 wrote:
hello jajajaja im superheroe02
Y? Que pertinencia tiene esta contesta al poste original boricua?

Quite frankly this is the last even remotely Halo game; I tried to get into 4 for over half a year but it couldn’t even remotely compare to this game in any way. As for your original post...who cares about menu music, the haunted helmet(as with all unlocked armor) imparts zero advantages to gameplay, and Bungie’s supposed ”superiority” certainly didn’t parlay very well into their post-Halo endeavors.
Personally it is the cosmetics, but I also like playing the game online just for the heck of it.
Pretty simple: fun
Because the story is still top tier, the characters are still engaging and the gameplay is still fun!
Halo Reach ranking system and one of the best ways is playing firefight time consuming but easy and fun reaching the ranks.
Reach’s gameplay was innovate and tried to add new mechanics to the gameplay, without destroying it: I think this is something that new halo games should learn.
Adding armour abilities was something the original halo movement and gameplay system could substain, introducing some new fun features that initially seemed a bit strange.
Personally, I loved reach and played a lot, but I also thought since its launch that it will have ruined halo saga. I was actually right, but nowadays, 8 years later, I understand that reach was actually a good game, even if it started the new trend of changing everything. This new trend has been taken to the extreme by 343, that tried ( and failed ) to innovate halo without ruining it. H4 and h5 have been developed following the idea of changing: something actually reach started, but reach remains extremely funny, even now.
Because I’m good at it and I have blue flames
Because even after 10 or so years of playing I'm still no where near to getting to inheritor. Also reach was my intro to halo, so I have some nostalgia for it.
On the quest to Inheritor. Plus I have the #RedFlames 🔥
It's just fun overall and still feels like halo. The gameplay (despite the armor abilities), the armor itself, the sound effects, atmosphere, music. This was basically the last Halo game to capture all of that. 343 basically took the atmosphere away for 4 and 5.
I actually enjoy the challenges. Like HW2, it keeps me coming to the game on a daily basis.
Great campaign, best version of Firefight, active, fun, and all my friends still play it as well.

Don't need many more reason than that.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2