Forums / Games / Halo: Reach and Legacy Halo

So Why Do You Still Play Reach?

OP JG Graffiti

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
It was my first Halo game so lots of nostalgia. And I'm going for Inheritor. I'm only 39% on commendations because back in the day all I played was infection so I won't be grinding those.
Because it's the most current Halo that I like, not counting the MCC because that is just remastered Halos I like minus one (4, big suprise) developed by a now-defunct team of developers I loved.
Several reasons! Halo: Reach is my favorite game in the series. I loved the campaign and probably played it more than all the other games combined. It has the best armor customization of all Halo titles (the fact your amor customization carries over into campaign is a huge plus!). The music was one of Marty O’Donnell’s finest. It has my favorite game mode being Invasion. Reaching Inheritor and unlocking all armor parts (including Legendary and Eternal) was a great personal accomplishment. Need I go on? ;)
I just recently bought an xbox primarily for the Halo series, and I just started Reach's campaign last night, and man - I'm hooked. I LOVED being able to create my own spartan, and just the overall grittiness of the campaign, as opposed to Halo 1 for example, is just so cool. I love it.
Hopefully I'll be able to enjoy a few solid hours of Multiplayer as well. What I wouldn't give for Reach to be added to the MCC. I'd pay 15-20 bucks for having to play it at 60fps in a heartbeat.
Well personally I just think this was the last great Halo but honestly this game will always be in my heart, I have so many good memories with this game and I been playing since day one but I love the customisation and back in the ewrea days custom games was the -Yoink- when you get randomly invited to a full lobby just to play a random custom, man those were the days.
I've gotta grind out Inheritor. I always wanted the helmet and i'm still after it!
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post comments that are discriminatory in nature or comments that discuss modifying or hacking content on an Xbox console or PC.
Beckett 3B wrote:
I just recently bought an xbox primarily for the Halo series, and I just started Reach's campaign last night, and man - I'm hooked. I LOVED being able to create my own spartan, and just the overall grittiness of the campaign, as opposed to Halo 1 for example, is just so cool. I love it.
Hopefully I'll be able to enjoy a few solid hours of Multiplayer as well. What I wouldn't give for Reach to be added to the MCC. I'd pay 15-20 bucks for having to play it at 60fps in a heartbeat.
right, i would pay 60 or even 120 to have it be like the old days...
I grind for the haunted Helmet...that and hopes of getting an occasional DLC match
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2