Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

Spartan Assault (iOS) 5 Unobtainable Achievements

OP RYE HEXAGON

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Request to fix the following 5 UNOBTAINABLE achievements listed below in "(iOS version) Spartan Assault" using Xbox Live DB Script. These achievements have never been unlocked by anyone.

These problems date back to the original release of the game. Much has already been written about this problem here:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/36cecc379ca14abd918029d359551927/topics/unobtainable-achievements-for-ios-version/7b0e24cc-5230-4df2-8c07-4e12cdc5606c/posts

Fix idea:
Run a script that grants these 5 unobtainable achievements to anyone that has ever played this game. I know that's generous but no one has ever unlocked these broken achievements before so why not. Of course fixing the game and achievements would be best but at this point the game is not even available for sale on IOS so I think that's a harder fix.

The script fix could be considered similar to what 343i has already done for Halo 4 (360 version) to fix a number of broken achievements released in DLC packs. Everyone was auto granted the broken achievements whether they unlocked them or not. more details about that fix here:
-https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/cdecc00475c645b9a4d0a156fb542d59/topics/halo-4-achievements-glitch-randomly-unlocked-all/b34b0e76-aea3-4fb5-80ea-52791b45f857/posts
-https://twitter.com/PlutonForEver/status/520342543238590464

Unobtainable Achievements (Spartan Assault IOS)

Pension Plan
-Earn 25000 XP throughout your career
Weapon of Choice
-Score a kill with every handheld weapon (excluding Rocket Launcher and Spartan Laser)
Skull Combo
-Complete any mission with the maximum number of Skulls active
Extra Credit
-Complete 75 mission specific challenges
A for Effort
-Complete all Operation F mission challenges

Reason why these are broken:
-In game if you click on the achievements button it brings you to a screen with a toggle between "XBOX LIVE" and "GAME CENTER".
-Game Center correctly lists all 25 achievements.
-Xbox Live lists only 20 achievements (even though the remaining 5 do exist on Xbox Live). Viewing the game on Xbox 360 achievement interface shows the missing 5 do exist.
-if you meet the requirements for one of the achievements above you will see the popup unlocking the achievement. However this excitement quickly leaves as you realize it only counted in the "Game Center" list and never gets communicated back to XBOX LIVE

I know this is a longshot, however support for almost all older Halo games is going away in 2021. I feel its now or never for one last look into this problem, and with scripting being a potential easy fix, now might be the time.
Thanks
+1 on this

Would absolutely love to see this game fixed.
Let’s get an update!
Great effort collating this mate. I’d also appreciate that these 5 achievements are fixed this year!
*Like*

Yes!
+1 yes please!

EDIT: I’ll add that after looking at my achievements for SA on Xbox.com, my total is 0/200 and the achievements were unlocked in the year 1753....

Anyone else seen this?
For me Spartan Assault iOS doesn't even show on xbox.com or on Series X achievement interface. It does show on my old 360 interface though. The other 4 versions of Assault and 2 versions of Strike show on xbox.com
+1 yes please!

EDIT: I’ll add that after looking at my achievements for SA on Xbox.com, my total is 0/200 and the achievements were unlocked in the year 1753....

Anyone else seen this?
iOS achievements for Spartan Assault and Strike seem to be showing up as unlocked offline. Nothing much you can do there.
+1 from me as well!
Voting for a fix as well.

One probable problem is the 5 glitched achievements are listed in the Game Center achievements, but not Xbox live achievements in the game. Big miss on Vangard’s (or whomever made the iOS version’s) part.
It would be nice to get those fixed, but honestly, it is very unlikely. IOS doesn’t even support either Assault or Strike anymore.
There's been an interesting development recently. Looking at TA and the Xbox Companion App, it seems like one person has unlocked 4/5 of the broken achievements.

Unfortunately, it's pretty much impossible to track down the person since TA only lists people who unlock achievements online. For some reason Spartan Assault on iOS lists achievements as unlocked offline.

The person could have modded but I'm not sure if that's even possible with iOS games. If it was modding then that begs the question of why they only unlocked 4 out of the 5 and why they didn't just unlock all 25. I'm hoping the person just found some type of glitch to get the achievements working, but I'm not sure at this point. Will update if I find out more info.
That’s interesting timing...
For those of you who haven’t seen, WP versions of SA and SS are now unlocking achievements after many years of inactivity from MS. Looks like MS reactivated the servers, so I’m unsure how long they’ll be open for.
One can hope that the same is being considered for iOS 🤞
It's an absolute long shot but yess i will +1 this. Normally I don't like just giving achievement away but you are correct nobody has them and unobtainables are the most heartbreaking thing to a achievement hunter like myself. I was surprised to se WP achievements be linked back up so who knows, if they do they just need to work on getting H2 Vista servers back and fixing the unobtainables in the chinese MCC which are both even less likely to happen then this.
Pokebub123 wrote:
There's been an interesting development recently. Looking at TA and the Xbox Companion App, it seems like one person has unlocked 4/5 of the broken achievements.

Unfortunately, it's pretty much impossible to track down the person since TA only lists people who unlock achievements online. For some reason Spartan Assault on iOS lists achievements as unlocked offline.

The person could have modded but I'm not sure if that's even possible with iOS games. If it was modding then that begs the question of why they only unlocked 4 out of the 5 and why they didn't just unlock all 25. I'm hoping the person just found some type of glitch to get the achievements working, but I'm not sure at this point. Will update if I find out more info.
I saw this too.

It can be alot of things. Maybe this person don't want to 100% the game to stay under the radar...

Who knows.

Pretty sure we will have answer to our questions in the upcoming days.
Pokebub123 wrote:

I saw this too.

It can be alot of things. Maybe this person don't want to 100% the game to stay under the radar...

Who knows.

Pretty sure we will have answer to our questions in the upcoming days.
Wow, I would be amazed if someone figured out a legitimate trick after all these years. I will definitely be following this now because a chance at finally completing that game is just too good to miss.
On Mar 3 I filed a ticket to halo support. However they closed it as support only takes care of MCC, H5 and HW2 now. In one final attempt to have this noticed I did send a tweet to ske7ch @ 343i about this issue Mar 3 as well. He didn't get back to me but maybe he did send it along for a look. All that may be unrelated to the one person on TA that unlocked the 4 achievements. However it does make me more hopeful for a solution!
I'm super excited if there is a way to unlock these achievements!! or if theres a fix or if we can get ske7ch or 343i to noticed that they should fix this game!! Long shot of course after all this time, but the fact that someone unlock 4 of the 5 achievements is a glimmer of hope. Btw you can redownload the game if you had purchased it on your Apple ID. The game works on iPhone X and iPhone 11 perfectly! I just redownload it on my iPhone 11. if you are having issues try closing and reopening it, works like a charm!

On TrueAchievements if you click all the gamers that have played the game, they will all show up. However, unfortunately not on the individual achievements, for any Android or iOS device game on TA. Has nothing to do with if you get the achievements offline or not. All Android and iPhone games you can not see gamers on individual achievements.

Although, to find this guy, we could look at each gamer that has played this game and see whose unlocked them by right clicking on their name and opening in new tab. It shows everything they unlocked. I checked all the people that had 20 achievements and nothing. So it looks like this guy is really hiding under the radar by not going over 20 achievements and having less. Assuming TA didn't remove him already...

By my calculations, if they did absolutely nothing but beat the campaign and the Assault Ops for A-E only, they would have 7 or 8 achievements plus the 4 unobtainables, so they would have to have anything above 11+ achievements.
I'm super excited if there is a way to unlock these achievements!! or if theres a fix or if we can get ske7ch or 343i to noticed that they should fix this game!! Long shot of course after all this time, but the fact that someone unlock 4 of the 5 achievements is a glimmer of hope. Btw you can redownload the game if you had purchased it on your Apple ID. The game works on iPhone X and iPhone 11 perfectly! I just redownload it on my iPhone 11. if you are having issues try closing and reopening it, works like a charm!

On TrueAchievements if you click all the gamers that have played the game, they will all show up. However, unfortunately not on the individual achievements, for any Android or iOS device game on TA. Has nothing to do with if you get the achievements offline or not. All Android and iPhone games you can not see gamers on individual achievements.

Although, to find this guy, we could look at each gamer that has played this game and see whose unlocked them by right clicking on their name and opening in new tab. It shows everything they unlocked. I checked all the people that had 20 achievements and nothing. So it looks like this guy is really hiding under the radar by not going over 20 achievements and having less. Assuming TA didn't remove him already...

By my calculations, if they did absolutely nothing but beat the campaign and the Assault Ops for A-E only, they would have 7 or 8 achievements plus the 4 unobtainables, so they would have to have anything above 11+ achievements.
I guess I should've specified I was talking about the individal achievements. My bad. In any case, there's 20 pages of people who have unlocked achievements in this game. Now that you mention it though, if we go off your calculations we should only need to look through the first 2 pages of people. I really thought we would have to go through all 20 haha. I'm in a Discord server with other achievement hunters, I'll share the link around so we could have more people looking. I'll come back with anything we dig up.
Pokebub123 wrote:

I guess I should've specified I was talking about the individal achievements. My bad. In any case, there's 20 pages of people who have unlocked achievements in this game. Now that you mention it though, if we go off your calculations we should only need to look through the first 2 pages of people. I really thought we would have to go through all 20 haha. I'm in a Discord server with other achievement hunters, I'll share the link around so we could have more people looking. I'll come back with anything we dig up.
Okay well I just spent like 20 minutes looking through everyone who had from 10 to 19 achievements and found nothing unfortunately. Besides that there's a bit of an issue. On TA, achievements reward you TA score. The rarer the achievement the more score you get. These 4 unlockable achievements alone would have gotten whoever unlocked them over 1,000 score, which would mean they would have hit the hard limit of 755. Unfortunately it seems nobody on the leaderboard has 755 so it appears that this user either has a private profile, has been banned from TA, or something else entirely.

That was really our only remaining lead so I'm not really sure what to do at this point. Perhaps we could ask the TA moderators to see if they are able to find the person and confirm whether they were banned or not.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2