Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

Spartan Assault (iOS) 5 Unobtainable Achievements

OP RYE HEXAGON

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Pokebub123 wrote:
I'm super excited if there is a way to unlock these achievements!! or if theres a fix or if we can get ske7ch or 343i to noticed that they should fix this game!! Long shot of course after all this time, but the fact that someone unlock 4 of the 5 achievements is a glimmer of hope. Btw you can redownload the game if you had purchased it on your Apple ID. The game works on iPhone X and iPhone 11 perfectly! I just redownload it on my iPhone 11. if you are having issues try closing and reopening it, works like a charm!

On TrueAchievements if you click all the gamers that have played the game, they will all show up. However, unfortunately not on the individual achievements, for any Android or iOS device game on TA. Has nothing to do with if you get the achievements offline or not. All Android and iPhone games you can not see gamers on individual achievements.

Although, to find this guy, we could look at each gamer that has played this game and see whose unlocked them by right clicking on their name and opening in new tab. It shows everything they unlocked. I checked all the people that had 20 achievements and nothing. So it looks like this guy is really hiding under the radar by not going over 20 achievements and having less. Assuming TA didn't remove him already...

By my calculations, if they did absolutely nothing but beat the campaign and the Assault Ops for A-E only, they would have 7 or 8 achievements plus the 4 unobtainables, so they would have to have anything above 11+ achievements.
I guess I should've specified I was talking about the individal achievements. My bad. In any case, there's 20 pages of people who have unlocked achievements in this game. Now that you mention it though, if we go off your calculations we should only need to look through the first 2 pages of people. I really thought we would have to go through all 20 haha. I'm in a Discord server with other achievement hunters, I'll share the link around so we could have more people looking. I'll come back with anything we dig up.
An even easier way to go about it is to notice the TA value of the 4 unlocked achievements are ridiculously high b/c only 1 person theoretically has them, meaning that they should hold over 1.2k TA score from these 4 achievements alone which would instantly put the holder in first place on the leaderboard (all 20 main unlockables are 710 TA).

However checking the leaderboard there is clearly no such player at the top or anywhere else in the boards. If I had to guess I would place my bets on the person hacking and trying to stay under the radar intentionally, but who knows for sure. Still, very interesting.
I can’t find H:SA anywhere on the App Store. Can you send me a link?
XenobyteZX wrote:
Unfortunately, it's no longer available on the app store.

It was removed because of some an iOS update made it crashed, vanguard stopped doing being a thing before it was fixed. Its fixed now and runs well on new iOS but the only way to download it now is to have purchased it when it was available. Sorry :/
As of last night, it appears TA has removed the gamer who unlocked those 4 achievements entirely. They were also removed them from the total players of the game which is unfortunate because now it will be impossible to find out who that was. Although if you look at the achievements on Xbox One, it still says "Only 0.01% of gamers unlocked this" on those 4 mysterious achievements.
Pokebub123 wrote:
There's been an interesting development recently. Looking at TA and the Xbox Companion App, it seems like one person has unlocked 4/5 of the broken achievements.

Unfortunately, it's pretty much impossible to track down the person since TA only lists people who unlock achievements online. For some reason Spartan Assault on iOS lists achievements as unlocked offline.

The person could have modded but I'm not sure if that's even possible with iOS games. If it was modding then that begs the question of why they only unlocked 4 out of the 5 and why they didn't just unlock all 25. I'm hoping the person just found some type of glitch to get the achievements working, but I'm not sure at this point. Will update if I find out more info.
That person was a cheater and TA removed their unlocks from the site after investigation. Xbox Network may take action too, but who knows.
MorseyBaby wrote:
Pokebub123 wrote:
There's been an interesting development recently. Looking at TA and the Xbox Companion App, it seems like one person has unlocked 4/5 of the broken achievements.

Unfortunately, it's pretty much impossible to track down the person since TA only lists people who unlock achievements online. For some reason Spartan Assault on iOS lists achievements as unlocked offline.

The person could have modded but I'm not sure if that's even possible with iOS games. If it was modding then that begs the question of why they only unlocked 4 out of the 5 and why they didn't just unlock all 25. I'm hoping the person just found some type of glitch to get the achievements working, but I'm not sure at this point. Will update if I find out more info.
That person was a cheater and TA removed their unlocks from the site after investigation. Xbox Network may take action too, but who knows.
Where did you get this info from? I mean that is probably what happened, but how was it confirmed that it was a cheater? It just strikes me as weird how they only decided to unlock 4 out of the 5 unobtainables.
Pokebub123 wrote:
MorseyBaby wrote:
Pokebub123 wrote:

Where did you get this info from? I mean that is probably what happened, but how was it confirmed that it was a cheater? It just strikes me as weird how they only decided to unlock 4 out of the 5 unobtainables.
Because it showed a few weeks back as 1 tracked gamer and now shows as 0 tracked gamers - means the TA investigations team took enforcement action identifying themnas a cheater
MorseyBaby wrote:
Pokebub123 wrote:
MorseyBaby wrote:
Pokebub123 wrote:

Because it showed a few weeks back as 1 tracked gamer and now shows as 0 tracked gamers - means the TA investigations team took enforcement action identifying themnas a cheater
Obviously it’s a long shot, but wouldn’t it also say that if the user who unlocked the achievements deleted their TA account?
GroudonGo wrote:
MorseyBaby wrote:
Pokebub123 wrote:
MorseyBaby wrote:
Pokebub123 wrote:

Obviously it’s a long shot, but wouldn’t it also say that if the user who unlocked the achievements deleted their TA account?
Yes, but to be honest in that scenario the likelihood is it would have been a delete before pushed by enforcement team given the timings. I saw the unlocks, went to report it, another user already had, and the following week when I looked the unlocks were gone. The enforcement team are pretty speedy but likewise even for unobtainables someone would always get a chance to explain themselves. If they instead deleted their account... I'm still taking that as being a cheat
MorseyBaby wrote:
Pokebub123 wrote:

Heartbreaking. Oh well, I had given up on there being a fix years ago so this revival of optimism has been a nice change of pace at least/
I was looking the other day on the achievements for these on Xbox and now all 5 achievements say 0.01% gamers unlocked, so whoever was able to edit the code for the iPhone app has now completed this game. Sadly, a random guy knows how to edit the code but the developers couldn’t take the time to quickly fix the problem... smh

Does anyone know what happened to Vanguard Games?
I was looking the other day on the achievements for these on Xbox and now all 5 achievements say 0.01% gamers unlocked, so whoever was able to edit the code for the iPhone app has now completed this game. Sadly, a random guy knows how to edit the code but the developers couldn’t take the time to quickly fix the problem... smh

Does anyone know what happened to Vanguard Games?
The owners of the studio started focusing on VR and AR games under the name of Force Field XR. One of the main developers of Spartan Assault also moved onto working with Ubisoft.

Seems very unlikely that contacting either of them would result in any fixes. Would have to be up to 343 or Microsoft to figure out a solution.
ive never played it on ios but was considering it now i think ill pass till this gets sorted
ive never played it on ios but was considering it now i think ill pass till this gets sorted
Probably won't ever get sorted. It's been this way since launch.

Getting the game is also pretty difficult. You'd need to find someone who'd be willing to family share the apps with you.
Man I really hope they sort these out, would be great to have all Halo games maxed out (except MCC China, that's a bit too much for me haha) for when Infnite gets released! Going to follow this and hope for the best!
XenobyteZX wrote:

It was removed because of some an iOS update made it crashed, vanguard stopped doing being a thing before it was fixed. Its fixed now and runs well on new iOS but the only way to download it now is to have purchased it when it was available. Sorry :/
The Halo SA and SS apps do not work on iOS 14.5 or later with the new security settings. The iOS will state that the apps require an update to work with the version of iOS. And given that the apps were pulled, I don’t foresee them getting an update to work with the newer iOS setting.
XenobyteZX wrote:

The Halo SA and SS apps do not work on iOS 14.5 or later with the new security settings. The iOS will state that the apps require an update to work with the version of iOS. And given that the apps were pulled, I don’t foresee them getting an update to work with the newer iOS setting.
Heartbreaking but that does sound like the final nail in the coffin then. Glad I lucked out getting them last year before the newer updates.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2