Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

Spartan Assault is actually underrated.

OP TheDonCJG

I’ve recently been going back and playing a bunch of my old Halo games to pick up some achievements and considering I got Spartan Assault for free back in the day I never really played it much.

After coming back to it over the last week or two I’ve had so much fun playing it. Didn’t care much for the story but the gameplay was actually decent.

Managed to get all the gold stars, assault ops & achievements. Wish I could still play Spartan Strike, if anyone has a way to get that game I’d love to know!

What did y’all think about Spartan Assault? Love it or hate it?
It has its technical flaws like achievements not unlocking when they should, but it's a new concept that was executed very well. Strike would have been even better, but it was plagued with even more issues! You can play Strike through Game Pass for PC. Spec requirements are not that high either.
tuhin94 wrote:
It has its technical flaws like achievements not unlocking when they should, but it's a new concept that was executed very well. Strike would have been even better, but it was plagued with even more issues! You can play Strike through Game Pass for PC. Spec requirements are not that high either.
Guess I’m lucky I never came across any achievement issues, I did read that people were coming across a few.

A shame I don’t have a PC, I’d love to play Strike. Maybe one day, wasn’t it on mobile or am I crazy? I would have loved to play it.

In some regard I was there were more well made spin off Halo games.
TheDonCJG wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
Guess I’m lucky I never came across any achievement issues, I did read that people were coming across a few.

A shame I don’t have a PC, I’d love to play Strike. Maybe one day, wasn’t it on mobile or am I crazy? I would have loved to play it.

In some regard I was there were more well made spin off Halo games.
I'm honestly not sure about mobile anymore. They used to be available, but had to be pulled from at least the App Store since the games would not work well on certain versions of iOS. They were apparently made available again for a short period, but then pulled again. So, not sure haha.

I wish there were more games like them too. Flaws and all, I had a great time with them. They felt like unique games and managed to pull off the feel of Halo quite well. One of the best things about them was how the Elite AI specifically had more advanced behavior than what we saw in H4. It felt like the AI from CE!
TheDonCJG wrote:
I’ve recently been going back and playing a bunch of my old Halo games to pick up some achievements and considering I got Spartan Assault for free back in the day I never really played it much.

After coming back to it over the last week or two I’ve had so much fun playing it. Didn’t care much for the story but the gameplay was actually decent.

Managed to get all the gold stars, assault ops & achievements. Wish I could still play Spartan Strike, if anyone has a way to get that game I’d love to know!

What did y’all think about Spartan Assault? Love it or hate it?
I personally really liked Spartan Assault and Strike. I thought the game play was overall good except for sometimes I got confused with areas I needed to go. The music was probably the best part. It sounded very "Halo" to me.
Its just like the first Halo Wars, was not made it good at all, if you want to get a gold medal you must do things in specific time and fast as you can, otherwise you just cant made it, and i dont know you but i got to see guides in youtube to get the gold medal in those missions.
Its just like the first Halo Wars, was not made it good at all, if you want to get a gold medal you must do things in specific time and fast as you can, otherwise you just cant made it, and i dont know you but i got to see guides in youtube to get the gold medal in those missions.
Nah honestly I didn’t struggle with gold medals at all in Spartan Assault. A score booster was all you really need, just gotta keep up the multikills and get sprees.

Managed to 100% it within a few days.
If you want to play SA again you can unlock a rank higher than gold known as Gold All Skulls On (GASO). It's a Waypoint exclusive rank and won't appear in-games menu on Xbox. Beside your Gold star click on the tiny question mark, you can view my 360 SA if never seen before I learnt about GASO last year while randomly looking around on Waypoint!
It is underrated. The story is interesting and gameplay is different but fun and enjoyable.
I must say something important for anyone reading that's going for GASO. You must be connected to the internet and after completing 1 mission wait for Halo Waypoint to update and register GASO for that mission, I didn't check Waypoint individually for each mission and had to re-do an entire section of missions but the missions ahead registered GASO, I never lost internet connection but if you do just reconnect before completing missions otherwise it won't register with Waypoint online.
TheDonCJG wrote:
Nah honestly I didn’t struggle with gold medals at all in Spartan Assault. A score booster was all you really need, just gotta keep up the multikills and get sprees.

I haven't tried those booster before, i thought i could do it without it, i hope to get it this time.
Also talkin' about the game i don't consider it for a console, maybe should be for a movil.
I think it would have been more successful like this.
TheDonCJG wrote:

I haven't tried those booster before, i thought i could do it without it, i hope to get it this time.
Also talkin' about the game i don't consider it for a console, maybe should be for a movil.
I think it would have been more successful like this.
I’ve never really been a huge mobile gamer to be fair, console has always been my bread and butter. Works surprisingly well on console though.

And eh give those boosters a shot, as long as you chain your kills you can get really good medals which will amp your score up in no time.
It actually has some of the most underrated music in the series.
It actually has some of the most underrated music in the series.
Most definitely, I feel like the game is so overlooked that people don’t even take a second to consider the sound track. Definitely one of my favourites