Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

Spartan Strike/Assault Mobile -Compatible devices?

OP GrantPocalypse

I just bought a Lumia 735 phone off Ebay for the sole purpose of getting the spartan game achievements, arrived in the mail today and I boot it up and the store app wont open, put in error code online and it says I need to update to W10 mobile, ok

have to hook phone to PC in order to update it, get that all done and the store app works, but now it says device incompatible..

does anyone know why this is? The phone should be compatible.

Also i just saw a thread on here that says the iOS versions are no longer available in the apple app store. Is this true? I've never owned an apple device so I can't check, but I was planning on buying an old used ipad to get those achievements as well.

Basically i am trying to find out what device i can get that WILL work, or preferably a workaround so the 735 will work. And if I should bother with the apple versions.
Check the Microsoft Store app in the phone for possible system updates. The minimum requirements to play both games is 2 GB free space and hardware with at least 512 MB ram, so you shouldn't have any issues.
On iOS side, seems like you can only play them if you previously purchased them.
Hey OP, sorry to be the bearer of bad new but the app store and most support for Windows Phone 8.1 ended in December of last year.

The good news is that the 735 is on the list of compatible devices to get the update to Windows 10. If it's not working you might need to reach out to Microsoft support or check over on Windows Central for help on how to upgrade.
thanks for the replies, kind of a relief that the ios version is gone. I get to continue my streak of never owning an apple product.

the 735 did not end up being compatible with the game but I found a lumia 650 that does work!
thanks for the replies, kind of a relief that the ios version is gone. I get to continue my streak of never owning an apple product.

the 735 did not end up being compatible with the game but I found a lumia 650 that does work!
Hello.

Is it still possible to unlock achievements?

I bought a nokia 950 XL but I can't download these 2 games.

Do they still work on the Nokia 650?
QLS MARTI wrote:

Hello.

Is it still possible to unlock achievements?

I bought a nokia 950 XL but I can't download these 2 games.

Do they still work on the Nokia 650?
I'm not sure, I resold the phone as soon as I finished
QLS MARTI I have Lumia 550 and had to download all phone updates until I could download Halo. W10 store is open so 650 I don't see why it wouldn't work still. There is another problem for 4 months syncing for achievements has been impossible on Windows Phone for all games and I've heard halo SA/SS on PC and iOS neither work. We're hoping MS will do something useful soon.
People online say you should be able to save your last cheevo when sync is on unlock it and the rest will pop but if you unlock 100% now you can't sync it later on. I'm going to be extra safe and do my cheevos when there's a fix!

https://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?tid=1176533&page=25
QLS MARTI I have Lumia 550 and had to download all phone updates until I could download Halo. W10 store is open so 650 I don't see why it wouldn't work still. There is another problem for 4 months syncing for achievements has been impossible on Windows Phone for all games and I've heard halo SA/SS on PC and iOS neither work. We're hoping MS will do something useful soon.
People online say you should be able to save your last cheevo when sync is on unlock it and the rest will pop but if you unlock 100% now you can't sync it later on. I'm going to be extra safe and do my cheevos when there's a fix!

https://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?tid=1176533&page=22
If I understand correctly, at the moment it is not convenient to unlock the Assault and Strike objectives on the phone because they are not synchronized with the account.

I was able to start the games on a Nokia 650 but at this point I will wait and hope that the situation will be resolved.

So the PC versions of SA and SS also have the same problem?
QLS MARTI wrote:

https://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?tid=1176533&page=22
If I understand correctly, at the moment it is not convenient to unlock the Assault and Strike objectives on the phone because they are not synchronized with the account.

I was able to start the games on a Nokia 650 but at this point I will wait and hope that the situation will be resolved.

So the PC versions of SA and SS also have the same problem?
From other halo gamers on PC I have heard they aren't able to sync too and the same for iOS halo if you still own them before being removed from Apple Store. You can always try pop one cheevo to test the sync on other platforms just avoid 100% so you can sync one cheevo if MS does something important to fix this.