Forums / Games / Halo: Reach and Legacy Halo

[Locked] Status Update

OP H00KSHOT

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Can we please get some kind of official update on the status and future of Halo 4? The last week or so has fragmented the small but close community of gamers I religiously play with. To say I’m disappointed is a massive understatement. Please, at the very least give us, the loyal Halo 4 fans, something to go on.
H00KSHOT wrote:
Can we please get some kind of official update on the status and future of Halo 4? The last week or so has fragmented the small but close community of gamers I religiously play with. To say I’m disappointed is a massive understatement. Please, at the very least give us, the loyal Halo 4 fans, something to go on.
I assume that you refer to the weird DLC glitches and service record etc. failing to load?

This many years after the release of the game, something tells me that some plugs are being pulled as 343i pushes away from it. Halo 4 is a last-gen title and everyone is preparing for the next generation of consoles, so Halo 4 - in the eyes of many - is irrelevant in its Xbox 360 release. And while I don't take pleasure in telling you this, something tells me that this isn't a temporary thing.
[This many years after the release of the game, something tells me that some plugs are being pulled as 343i pushes away from it. Halo 4 is a last-gen title and everyone is preparing for the next generation of consoles, so Halo 4 - in the eyes of many - is irrelevant in its Xbox 360 release. And while I don't take pleasure in telling you this, something tells me that this isn't a temporary thing.
If that were the case, there would have been no point in bringing backward compatibility to all games and getting the Xbox team to do work on Halo 3. Things won't be going offline for a while yet, this is temporary
stckrboy wrote:
[This many years after the release of the game, something tells me that some plugs are being pulled as 343i pushes away from it. Halo 4 is a last-gen title and everyone is preparing for the next generation of consoles, so Halo 4 - in the eyes of many - is irrelevant in its Xbox 360 release. And while I don't take pleasure in telling you this, something tells me that this isn't a temporary thing.
If that were the case, there would have been no point in bringing backward compatibility to all games and getting the Xbox team to do work on Halo 3. Things won't be going offline for a while yet, this is temporary
I hope you’re right. Just worried that such a small number of regular players could disappear if this takes any longer. Trying to be patient but the community is pretty fragile at this point.
EDIT: 9/18/18 I got into a game of Spartan ops today. But afterward it went to back to "disconnected from Xbox live" I really hope this is resolved soon. I'm looking forward to some more btb.
The people left playing Halo 4 are the die hards! loyal to the end, people and we can’t even get news or something letting us know what’s goin on? 343 ur dropping the ball in a major way here.....not cool bro.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Halo 4 is most likely being purposefully disrupted by 343 and the so called hopper server is a simple disconnect from the main server to hinder all online play. i theorize that 343 is putting the nail in the coffin by simply "putting old yeller down" in a sense
i just got into a queue but there isnt anyone much to play with hope it doesnt rick roll me
OK here is the sitch. I am getting consistant queue. everyone check the game out
false alarm
I wonder if the recent patches to the MCC could be drawing players away from Halo 4. I would be fine with only playing H4 on the MCC if full armor customization is returned, the DLC armor and skins are added, and BTB for H4 is given its own playlist.
DHG SIGMAdelta - please don't post multiple time in a row. If you need to add more information or quote other users, you can edit your last post. Thanks

Additionally, this is categorically false
Halo 4 is most likely being purposefully disrupted by 343 and the so called hopper server is a simple disconnect from the main server to hinder all online play. i theorize that 343 is putting the nail in the coffin by simply "putting old yeller down" in a sense
This is the only game my buddy and I play together. We still have a lot of fun. I'm sure all of us here played against each other, as there are usually only 300-400 people playing this game nowadays. I wanna charge up Mr. Hill aka Settler lol

-HOGG and CARL
it is a little suspicious that the 360 servers go down at the same time that microsoft are giving MCC away free on the xboxone.I havent seen many h4 360 regulars on mcc yet but maybe thats because the h4 experience within that game is pretty bad. there is a possibility that the folks at 343 are just too busy to deal with our problem at the moment- we aint making them many dollars but we do deserve a little respect.
Still not technical reason of why servers got issues? In the bungie days, the issue would have been warned!
it is a little suspicious that the 360 servers go down at the same time that microsoft are giving MCC away free on the xboxone.I havent seen many h4 360 regulars on mcc yet but maybe thats because the h4 experience within that game is pretty bad. there is a possibility that the folks at 343 are just too busy to deal with our problem at the moment- we aint making them many dollars but we do deserve a little respect.
So we buy the console, the game, and gold but we get no real explanation for these errors. I know 343 devs are busy though but still.
Come on!!!!! :( Im paying gold membership only to play Halo 4! wtf is wrong! :(
if h4 is gone btw, does anybody want to buy my xbox, controllers and tv? (you can have my router too but the on/off button has taken a hammering recently)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2