T.U.R.F.S. Matchmaking Files - 09.20.12

OP JDHarbs

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
PLEASE REMAIN CALM: We are aware that there are many broken links and missing files, but we are planning on doing some massive updating to the thread here soon.

T.U.R.F.S: The Unofficial Reach File Share
- An online collection of all of Halo: Reach's MM gametypes and maps -
With so many new gametypes and updated versions of maps constantly dropping into matchmaking, I figured we should have some kind of one stop place for links to all of their files. This way players won't have to wait until they play the latest gametypes or maps in matchmaking to download them as well as an archive of past gametypes/maps that have since been removed from matchmaking.

Quote:
Got spare file share slots and want to help contribute? Download the latest MM files from your temporary history, upload them to your file share, and link the file here w/ a description telling the date you downloaded the file and what playlist you got it from.
NOTES:
- All gametypes that cannot be recreated using the default Vanilla or TU gametypes will be noted as (PATCHED).
- All gametypes that can no longer be found in matchmaking will be noted as (RETIRED)
- All gametypes that cannot be recreated using on-disk gametypes can only be found here or across the file browser.

RESOURCES:
- Matchmaking File Repository - FyreWulff Rex
- Active Playlist Fileset Project - External Memory
- Halo: Reach Active Playlists
- Matchmaking Updates - DavidJCobb
- Reach MM Changelist - Der Flatulator6
- Community Matchmaking Maps Master List - Homeboyd903

SPECIAL THANKS:
...to everyone who helped contribute to this thread. :)
_______________________________________________________________________________________
VANILLA GAMETYPES:
***Vanilla traits***
- 100% bloom
- Armor lock and Active Camo unaltered
- Bleedthrough disabled
- Sword blocking enabled
Spoiler:
Show
FIREFIGHT GAMETYPES:
***Vanilla traits apply***
TU GAMETYPES:
***TU traits***
- 85% bloom
- Armor lock and Active Camo adjusted
- Bleedthrough disabled
- Sword blocking disabled
Spoiler:
Show
ANNIVERSARY GAMETYPES:
***TU traits apply***
- Bleedthrough enabled
- Magnum adjusted
MISC. GAMETYPES:
- Action Sack, Grifball, MLG, and SWAT
Spoiler:
Show
COMMUNITY MAPS:
- Community-built Forge maps
Spoiler:
Show
CORE MAPS:
- On-disk maps
Spoiler:
Show
DLC MAPS:
- Noble and Defiant Map Packs
Spoiler:
Show
ANNIVERSARY MAPS:
- Anniversary Map Pack
Spoiler:
Show
Nice. Also, here are MLG Gametypes if you're into that sort of thing.
Thanks. Got 'em up. I was able to recover everything from the Bungie.net forums before Optimach was closed. Let me know if everything is working alright.
alright everyone. I think this thread is finally running at full capacity now. let me know if there are any more things i still need to fix.
All current 'Team Classics' gametypes on my fileshare
thumbs up/+1/whatever you interwebs people do these days.

GOOD JOB!
Quote:
All current 'Team Classics' gametypes on my fileshare
awesome. will definitely update. thanks dt.
Thanks, I fixed the TURFS links in the APFP threads I posted, Noklu will take care of the RP blog post tomorrow.

As for my filesets, just a heads up: I intended the gametypes in the APFP to remain exactly as the Bungie-authored versions and didn't rename any of them to put in the filesets. That way you can be sure it's clean/unedited from MM, but it also means it can get confusing.

Just pay attention to the order you download them in, do them one playlist at a time and rename them whatever you'd like for your local drive. Duplicates stack bottom to top in the order you save/DL them, so you know the last one you saved should be at the top if there's duplicate filenames.

Would be nice if Bungie had thought to name the variants by the playlist (BTB Multi Flag instead of just Capture the Flag for BTB and TO), in any case.
Have already checked it out. Looks good. I noticed that both you and Fyre only do core gametypes/maps and their other variants. Maybe we could all split up the work. Right now my thread is the only place for anyone to get Action Sack, Team Classic, MLG, Grifball, etc. without looking for them on their own. Instead of making people go from thread to thread we could all 3 operate from one. You could make the first post, Fyre could make the second, and I could make the third. Then we just keep our posts up to date at one central pinned location for all MM gametypes/maps. Fyre could cover core/community maps, you could cover core gametypes and their variants, and I could cover the special gametypes like Classic, Grifball, MLG, Action Sack, etc.

Or I could just edit my thread to link to your's for core gametypes, fyre's for maps, and then I just cover the rest here that you all don't have. I've already been linking his files here so all maps and core gametypes are up-to-date, I'll go ahead and link your files here too so everyone can have the latest core variants as well.
This thread was an awesome idea. I now have the hockey game varient! Thanks OP.
Quote:
Have already checked it out. Looks good. I noticed that both you and Fyre only do core gametypes/maps and their other variants. Maybe we could all split up the work. Right now my thread is the only place for anyone to get Action Sack, Team Classic, MLG, Grifball, etc. without looking for them on their own. Instead of making people go from thread to thread we could all 3 operate from one. You could make the first post, Fyre could make the second, and I could make the third. Then we just keep our posts up to date at one central pinned location for all MM gametypes/maps. Fyre could cover core/community maps, you could cover core gametypes and their variants, and I could cover the special gametypes like Classic, Grifball, MLG, Action Sack, etc.

Or I could just edit my thread to link to your's for core gametypes, fyre's for maps, and then I just cover the rest here that you all don't have. I've already been linking his files here so all maps and core gametypes are up-to-date, I'll go ahead and link your files here too so everyone can have the latest core variants as well.
I wasn't sure how you wanted to organize your inventory- by game variants, or playlist. Since mine are the Bungie-authored versions, I'm not sure it would be a good idea to still organize by game variant, since their vesions of BTB CTF and 4v4 CTF look exactly the same by title and description despite different settings. But by all means, go ahead and fill in any gaps here with what I've got in the filesets. The Double Team and Multi Team variants are in there as well.

I'm still going to update the thread/ playlist inventory for the APFP since I know I can keep all the gametypes there updated; I don't think Fyre has messed with the gametypes or maps in the repository since June, or finished linking all the June updated files either, but maps are easier to get from MM than gametypes IMO anyhow. Homeboyd has links to all the community maps, current and past, pinned over on Optimatch besides, so it's really just a matter of getting the official maps to round those out, which you seem to be keeping up with anyway.
Even if the file has the same name, we could just rename the link on the thread to say ex. BTB slayer, etc. but it will take them to the official file with Bungie's name which is just Slayer. The reason why I didn't want to organize by playlist was b/c there are some gametypes that appear in multiple playlists so things might've gotten confusing. This is why I organized them the way I did, and I rename the links to help with that as well.

Absolutely, keep organizing your thread and I'll update mine to link to your files since I know they'll be up to date. Since Fyre has stayed on top of the maps very well, I'll update this thread with his maps and your gametypes. Then I'll just have to worry about those other gametypes that are left myself.
Quote:
Even if the file has the same name, we could just rename the link on the thread to say ex. BTB slayer, etc. but it will take them to the official file with Bungie's name which is just Slayer. The reason why I didn't want to organize by playlist was b/c there are some gametypes that appear in multiple playlists so things might've gotten confusing. This is why I organized them the way I did, and I rename the links to help with that as well.

Absolutely, keep organizing your thread and I'll update mine to link to your files since I know they'll be up to date. Since Fyre has stayed on top of the maps very well, I'll update this thread with his maps and your gametypes. Then I'll just have to worry about those other gametypes that are left myself.
Yeah, on second thought, that makes more sense. Sounds good. Hopefully 343i will start renaming the gametypes by the playlists they appear in similar to what you're doing, so people wouldn't have to bother with saving the official versions then renaming so they can find them easily on their local drives.

Congrats on getting this epic thread stickied, btw.

You may want to note as you update your inventory of links that Neutral Flag is in Team Objective even though it's not listed on the Active Playlist page. I have it in my fileset, though. I'll let you know as I come across any other hidden gametypes in the playlists I'm covering.

I'll just leave this so you can know at a glance which playlists I'm not going to be covering (for now) when you do edits on the thread.

Premium Battle (same objective variants as BTB and Invasion so not needed)
Premium Slayer (slayer/slayer dmrs same settings as in squad slayer? +75 kill Elite Slayer and Snipers?)
–75 kill limit is good for teams of 5-6, in case you want the premium slayer variants as well–

Squad Slayer
Living Dead
Invasion

Action Sack
Team Classic
Grifball
MLG

Firefight Limited
Firefight Arcade
Firefight Doubles
Score Attack

So thats around a dozen for you to track down, plus whatever stuff's been retired from the playlists you wanna handle, like 4v4 assault, still don't know why they took that out in June.

Again, great work on all this.
It may be too late by now, but just a heads up for the link to the Community Maps that takes you to Bungie's Optimatch forum - it will be defunct today/tomorrow, and I don't believe there will be any way to get into that thread afterwards.
They moved the thread to the Reach forum so I guess that won't be a problem anymore!
The Repository is now pointing at this thread for the TURFS link, finally.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9