Forums / Games / Halo: Reach

Thanks 343 but... (state of Reach)

OP AMillz44

There is a loyal and steady population on this game. and I DO appreciate all the DLC being made free - however, there is no 'Forced Update' prior to launching the game like with MCC or H5. All the content is sitting there in the MS store not being downloaded and I'm sure many people not even aware that it's there for free.

If there is no way to "force" an update on people (maybe there is with Xbox One players and not 360?) then at the very least, put out a message when the game starts advising people they SHOULD (or provide a link if possible) go to the store and download the missing content.

The Anniversary reskins in this game are among the best looking maps in all of Halo. A shame they rarely get played.
I’m kinda with you here...but at the same time I’d rather not have any more games of 6-player rumble pit on uplink. I’ve had two recently and they just dragged on and weren’t even remotely enjoyable. The maps for the most part are just too large to support the playlists in which they are featured.

That being said, I always did like playing snipers and Mario kart on highlands, I love that map but I almost exclusively play rumble pit/multi team and it’s simply not feasible with the exception of RHR. At the very least they could change the pre-game messages and/or initial entry screen to get the word out about free DLC map packs. An occasional match on the anniversary maps and anchor 9 would be a welcome change!
I think there is a way to package a backwards compatible download with the game and all its DLC. Two games that come to mind that did this are Borderlands and, to a lesser degree, Battlefield 3. Borderlands has all the DLC included in one download while Battlefield 3 installs the HD package or whatever it’s called.

I feel you though. I absolutely love Xbox and 343i’s commitment to the BC program, so no complaints and lots of gratitude for bringing the old Halo games to One. This packaging of sorts would be a great way to enhance the experience since everyone would be able to play on every map.
I totally agree! It's so refreshing when I'm playing some team slayer and I see maps like high noon or battle creek/canyon appear instead of the same mundane asylum or uncaged 😖
While they're at it, they should remove the "Welcome to Reach" pop-up and the "Less than 5 days till the launch of Halo 4" Forward Unto Dawn one as well.
DLC should definitely be a mandatory download. It would also be nice to see the playlists get cleaned up. The vast majority of them are dead so it would be appreciated if they reduced them to focus the population.
DLC should definitely be a mandatory download. It would also be nice to see the playlists get cleaned up. The vast majority of them are dead so it would be appreciated if they reduced them to focus the population.
You’re absolutely right! It would be great to get rid of awful playlists such as griffball, BTB, and invasion in favor of far superior ones such as rumble pit, multi team, and team objective. I’m not really a fan of playlists like infection, slayer, swat, and snipers but they definitely should stay.

Were the handicap settings to be removed entirely across the board and other great playlists like action sack and squad dlc to be brought back I feel as if the game would be much more popular. Unfortunately we all know nothing is going to change seeing as how the game is now 8 years old and 343 can’t even remove the halo 4 and August update intro screens that have been around for like 6 years now.
You’re absolutely right! It would be great to get rid of awful playlists such as griffball, BTB, and invasion in favor of far superior ones such as rumble pit, multi team, and team objective. I’m not really a fan of playlists like infection, slayer, swat, and snipers but they definitely should stay.

Were the handicap settings to be removed entirely across the board and other great playlists like action sack and squad dlc to be brought back I feel as if the game would be much more popular. Unfortunately we all know nothing is going to change seeing as how the game is now 8 years old and 343 can’t even remove the halo 4 and August update intro screens that have been around for like 6 years now.
I would keep BTB. It still has a population and is still a lot of fun to play. It hurts to say remove Invasion because Invasion is by far my favorite Halo gametype though no one plays it anymore. I'm not sure if that is because of lack of visibility or what though.
Get rid of BTB and Invasion? Is that a joke?

Just look how CLEAN this ish is
A joke? Of course it isn’t, those playlists are incredibly boring. You spend more time running around the maps trying to find opponents than anything else. Also(at least in BTB - I haven’t played invasion in years) the playlists are rife with handicap setting users that just add to the boredom that the playlists bring to the table themselves. I suppose BTB could stay because it does amazingly seem to have a high player base for some reason but invasion most certainly should be removed in favor of more enjoyable options.
ITS FREE!?
I hope for the Reach release on mcc
reach need a steam release with mod support and proper server browser.....