Forums / Games / Halo: Reach and Legacy Halo

The Cartographer Expansion Pack

OP NeverGonnaBeMLG

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
The Cartographer Expansion Pack is a Forge map DLC that I came up with, here are the things included

Maps

Magma - Set on an active volcano with snow and ice surrounding it. (Forerunner and Covenant objects.)

Beachfront - Set near the coast of New Mombasa. (Human objects and area to remake Zanzibar.)

Dunes - Set in a desert with an oasis. (Sandbox type objects and an area to remake Sandtrap and Sandbox crypt and skybox included)

Tropical - Set on a tropical island with a beautiful sunset in the background. (Forerunner Objects)

Flatgrounds - Set on a completely flat square shaped terrain piece with different biomes on each corner (All objects and tons of terrain objects to pretty much make your own terrain.)

Icarus - Floating island inside of Requiem with one of those Forerunner pillar things on each side of the island you can also see the crashed infinity from the island (Forerunner objects)

Poseidon - Underwater UNSC facility. (UNSC and Covenant objects)

Wetlands - Swamp area much like 343 Guilty Spark (Forerunner objects and a place to remake Backwash it's also raining in this map)

Toxic - Cave with toxic waste everywhere much like the Caustic Caverns in Borderlands 2 or The Hive in Gears of War 2. (Forerunner and Insurrectionist/Rebel objects, placeable stalactites and toxic waste)

Outbreak - A larger version of Isolation that doesn't suck with a huge crack in the middle separating the entire containment zone. (Forerunner, Flood and UNSC objects)

Moonlight - A huge glacier in the middle of the night like the outside of Blackout in Halo 3. (UNSC objects)

Infinity - Grids, grids everywhere... (all objects, you can select the background for the map and time of day)

Objects

The Mammoth (sized down)
Ammo Cases
Civilian Vehicles (to go with the map Beachfront)
Crashed Vehicles
Dead Bodies
Destructible Objects (Walls, stalactites and barriers)
Flood Infected Objects

Please tell me what you think and post your own ideas!
I'd buy it.
Ok, but only if its silent.
Pretty good, but sadly, all 9 maps are confirmed to not be forge-based :(
Quote:
I'd buy it.
For sure.

Is one of the maps "BTB with loads of Vehicles"? Because just that would make me happy.

Quote:
Pretty good, but sadly, all 9 maps are confirmed to not be forge :(
From what I heard, those 9 maps are the "first 3 DLC"
I was just thinking they should release some sort of forge DLC. Yours ideas seem great, better than I could have thought of; my only problem is that 5 maps seems way too generous, I was thinking either three, or one new giant sort of Forge World since people are complaining about the smallness of the new maps (of course, I haven't even seen them yet because I don't want to spoil it for myself).
Quote:
The Cartographer Expansion Pack is a Forge map DLC that I came up with, here are the things included

Maps

Magma - Forge map set on an active volcano with snow and ice surrounding it. (Forerunner and Covenant objects.)

Beachfront - Forge map set near the coast of New Mombasa. (Human objects and area to remake Zanzibar.)

Dunes - Forge Map set in a desert with an oasis. (Sandbox type objects and an area to remake Sandtrap and Sandbox)

Tropical - Set on a tropical island with a beautiful sunset in the background. (Forerunner Objects)


Flatgrounds - Set on a completely flat square shaped terrain piece with different biomes on each corner (All objects and tons of terrain objects to pretty much make your own terrain.)

Objects

Crashed Vehicles
Dead Bodies (To practice teabagging)

Please tell me what you think and post your own ideas!
Impressive ideas, OP.
Sounds awesome but sadly I don't think they're releasing any DLC forge maps. I'm pretty sure the 3 map packs are all competitive maps but don't take my word on that. However they could release a map pack outside of the 3 map pack season pass deal like Epic did with Gears 3 (they released a free flashback map pack or something) but that remains to be seen yet. I think it will depend on how the community react to the environments after the game ships on whether or not they will make plans for DLC forge maps. Love the sound of the Volcano map by the way :)

Also I'd love a remake of Sandbox in some shape or form, its big, open, flat and even has room for a Grifball court underneath. Maybe they could take some of your ideas on board for the aesthetics of it? It would be criminal not to do a remake of it, it ticks all the boxes of an amazing forge map!
Thanks for all the feedback! More stuff has been added to the OP.
If 343 ever released forgeable maps they should be solo and free. I would hate to have parts of the population unable to play on specific forge maps in matchmaking.
Nice work I'd most likely buy it:)
Quote:
I was just thinking they should release some sort of forge DLC. Yours ideas seem great, better than I could have thought of; my only problem is that 5 maps seems way too generous, I was thinking either three, or one new giant sort of Forge World since people are complaining about the smallness of the new maps (of course, I haven't even seen them yet because I don't want to spoil it for myself).
I think the reason some people are complaining about the maps being small is because Forge World was so big and now they're spoiled. Quality over quantity.
Quote:
If 343 ever released forgeable maps they should be solo and free. I would hate to have parts of the population unable to play on specific forge maps in matchmaking.
Agreed, but what do you mean by solo?
I would get this. I would love to see a multi biomed enviroment so I can build snow, jungle, or even desert structures at the same time. Love the volcano idea. Maybe have that as the central part of the map with everything circling that. You could even have tunnel leading into the volcano where forerunner structure can be found above the magma in the volcano. Be a great idea for an abandoned forerunner research facility!
I'd buy it, too.

not bad.
Quote:
I'd buy it.
Quote:
I would get this. I would love to see a multi biomed enviroment so I can build snow, jungle, or even desert structures at the same time. Love the volcano idea. Maybe have that as the central part of the map with everything circling that. You could even have tunnel leading into the volcano where forerunner structure can be found above the magma in the volcano. Be a great idea for an abandoned forerunner research facility!
That's what I was thinking. Great idea!
I would definitely love the idea of having freedom over so many different environments! Especially with things like dynamic lighting and just the overall quality of the game itself, the maps we create would have a lot less limiontations to what we can and can not make and it'd be hard not to make it look good.

Because I don't have any sort of idea what the limit for a map is (objects, framerate, etc.) and I don't know how extensive the items vs. available credit relationship is, it is hard to say what is possible or not. Things like crashed vehicles would give a lot of story to the map itself and for machinimaters like myself, it would open a lot of doors storywise as to what was possible while remaining ingame. Dead bodies falls in that catagory as well because sometimes they need to be used in a shot and they despawn. I am just unsure of what kind of power would be needed for the game to do something along those lines.

I really like all of these forge map ideas tho and who knows, maybe 343i will see these and something might come of it! even if it isn't exactly this :)
Quote:
Because I don't have any sort of idea what the limit for a map is (objects, framerate, etc.) and I don't know how extensive the items vs. available credit relationship is, it is hard to say what is possible or not. Things like crashed vehicles would give a lot of story to the map itself and for machinimaters like myself, it would open a lot of doors storywise as to what was possible while remaining ingame. Dead bodies falls in that catagory as well because sometimes they need to be used in a shot and they despawn. I am just unsure of what kind of power would be needed for the game to do something along those lines.
I don't either but I'd imagine that it wouldn't be too intensive just to have some crashed vehicles,ammo, and some new vehicles but the dead bodies may be a problem though due to the ragdoll physics and all that.

Quote:
I really like all of these forge map ideas tho and who knows, maybe 343i will see these and something might come of it! even if it isn't exactly this :)
Thanks, I hope they do. :)
Quote:
The Cartographer Expansion Pack is a Forge map DLC that I came up with, here are the things included

Maps

Magma - Set on an active volcano with snow and ice surrounding it. (Forerunner and Covenant objects.)

Beachfront - Set near the coast of New Mombasa. (Human objects and area to remake Zanzibar.)

Dunes - Set in a desert with an oasis. (Sandbox type objects and an area to remake Sandtrap and Sandbox)

Tropical - Set on a tropical island with a beautiful sunset in the background. (Forerunner Objects)

Flatgrounds - Set on a completely flat square shaped terrain piece with different biomes on each corner (All objects and tons of terrain objects to pretty much make your own terrain.)

Icarus - Floating island inside of Requiem with one of those Forerunner pillar things on each side of the island you can also see the crashed infinity from the island (Forerunner objects)

Poseidon - Underwater UNSC facility. (UNSC and Covenant objects)

Wetlands - Swamp area much like 343 Guilty Spark (Forerunner objects and a place to remake Backwash it's also raining in this map)

Objects

The Mammoth (sized down)
Ammo Cases
Civilian Vehicles (to go with the map Beachfront)
Crashed Vehicles
Dead Bodies (To practice teabagging)

Please tell me what you think and post your own ideas!
How many microsoft points is that cause I would gladly pay for it without a second thought.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2