Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

the dumbing down of the boltshot

OP MR MaxRising MR

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
thank gawd. it is a secondary and should be handled as such. now we can actually go back to legit firefights. it was as bad as CoD quickscoping. this will make kills feel more rewarding.
only issue now is to adjust the AA charge on active camo. then there should be no more "cowardly play. you play a spartan, act like one.
need to fix the glitch where the user bcomes invisible on both the map and the screen first
Hey, CoD quick scoping takes a lot of skill with 10 sensitivity in a team deathmatch game lol.One shot kill yes(well most of the time), but if you miss your dead.

Though its unfortunate that the Boltshot can still OHK, without the ability to OHK the boltshot would see next to no usage.So what 343 did was probably for the best.
i dont know about you guys... but i feel the boltshot exactly the same as it was pre-TU...
Quote:
i dont know about you guys... but i feel the boltshot exactly the same as it was pre-TU...
Its One Hit Kill(OHK)range has been decreased to almost half of what it was, its just that everyone uses it at like 5 feet anyways so it doesn't do a whole lot except give the actual shotgun power weapons a chance in CQC against it.
You guys know you can still headshot with the boltshot, right?
Quote:
It would be a shock if anybody used the primary fire to get that headshot lol.
Quote:
Quote:
You cant, I tried it several times. The semi-auto mode is so weak that it wont even take down a fully shielded spartan. Just goes to show you how much people are forced to rely on the cheap one shot kill for everything.
Yeah, you can get a headshot. I've done it before.
Quote:
Quote:
Its One Hit Kill(OHK)range has been decreased to almost half of what it was, its just that everyone uses it at like 5 feet anyways so it doesn't do a whole lot except give the actual shotgun power weapons a chance in CQC against it.
totally agreed... the shotgun as an ordinance weapon should nearly always (unless you make awful attempt) trump the boltshot. and if all else fails, melee.
Quote:
Quote:
It has only been nerfed by about 15%.
Quote:
Quote:
I do it occassionally in regicide, once on BTB, just for fun :)
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No its a bit more than that, its been nerfed by about 25%
I've tested it and it used to be 9 when zoomed in on a target, now its about 6.5 for a 1sk
A reasonable nerf. I would have suggested an increased cooldown time as well, but still good. I personally never really had a problem with the Boltshot, myself.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No its a bit more than that, its been nerfed by about 25%
I've tested it and it used to be 9 when zoomed in on a target, now its about 6.5 for a 1sk
I have also tested it and my results line up exactly with what is the linked vid.
If the Pre patch Boltshot was a map pick up only I don't think it would have been near the problem it was.

I too am happy for the nerf all the same.
Quote:
Quote:
I can still murder people with the boltshot charged or semi (: broke in the TU once it came out with a couple of friends :3
I didn't notice a difference with the boltshot. I'm still unstoppable with it. Maybe I was never trying to use it long range or something...
AR finally became a reliable weapon in CQ :)
Yeah, it's weird that we have a gun whose secondary fire is the only thing it gets used for 90% of the time!

Primary fire is okaaayyy... it's headshot-capable, but takes down shields slowly (and by the time their shields are down you'll have eaten right into the clip) and the slow projectile speed doesn't help.

Still easier than getting Plasma Pistol kills though!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2