Forums / Games / Halo: Reach and Legacy Halo

The future of Halo anniversary games

OP DankMemesTho

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I'm still of the opinion that if there would've been a PC version of Halo 3 back when it was originally released there would've been a big chance Halo 3 Anniversary would have been a thing seeing how Halo 1 and 2 Anniversary are both based on the old PC ports by Gearbox and Hired Gun. Now with the game being ported to MCC on PC it COULD happen but we'll see, I wouldn't get my hopes up.
Honestly, I'm tired of the whole "anniversary/remastered" trend. I think that remasters should be considered in another decade or so to introduce a completely new generation to Halo. I'd prefer to see brand new content rather than replaying something I've played countless times with newer graphics.
While I agree with the sentiment, it's hard to not want for good Halo when you've got games like Halo 4 and Halo 5 as contemporary titles. If we can get a good and new game that'd be Christmas every day but I just don't see it happening given the state of our contemporary developers.
I'm fine with campaign remasters but with more and more mcc mp options the dilution is getting to silly levels of unsustainability.
Add in the bulk of the player base will move to infinite and its obvious that mcc should try and consolidate or even reduce its mp gameplay options not keep expanding them.
I'm fine with campaign remasters but with more and more mcc mp options the dilution is getting to silly levels of unsustainability.
Add in the bulk of the player base will move to infinite and its obvious that mcc should try and consolidate or even reduce its mp gameplay options not keep expanding them.
Except you have to preoccupy the fan base until infinite comes out in over a year.No new dlc for halo 5 or halo wars 2 and you want them to take away from Something that will give people there halo fix
Except you have to preoccupy the fan base until infinite comes out in over a year.No new dlc for halo 5 or halo wars 2 and you want them to take away from Something that will give people there halo fix
So 4v4 slayer the most popular game mode there are 11 options available today .
across the 360 legacy titles , mcc and h5
availability obviously depending on hardware disks ect .
legacy
reach, x3 slayer /super slayer tu/h1 A settings
h3 x1
h4 X1
Total x5
MCC
Ce x1
h2 x2 anniversary /classic
h3 x1
h4 x1
(reach x 2? Tbc)
Total x5
Guardians x1

TOTAL X11
( with reach adding mcc soon and infinite to come )
At infinite launch it could be min of 13 up to 14/15 max options for 4v4 slayer mode
even if you remove the all legacy titles from the equation can the the mcc really sustain more MP options like H3 A without removing something to accomodate ?
To be clear I really don't want to see anything removed and let's hope the new mcc progression system helps with increased player numbers and retention.but a as it stands ATM there too many options and not enough players to sustain it .
Honestly, I'm tired of the whole "anniversary/remastered" trend. I think that remasters should be considered in another decade or so to introduce a completely new generation to Halo. I'd prefer to see brand new content rather than replaying something I've played countless times with newer graphics.
While I agree with the sentiment, it's hard to not want for good Halo when you've got games like Halo 4 and Halo 5 as contemporary titles. If we can get a good and new game that'd be Christmas every day but I just don't see it happening given the state of our contemporary developers.
Everyone has an opinion and everyone is going to have different thoughts/feelings regarding each Halo game. With that being said, waiting a while for a new and/or remastered/anniversary Halo release may be what everyone needs. A duration of time with nothing new for Halo might help people realize just how great things were and appreciate a time when things were active/new.
tuhin94 wrote:
I don’t think we need more Anniversary games. The versions we have now are great and hold up well.
Yh like I don't see why we need to have a H3 for example or Halo wars original
I definitely think we're gonna get H3A at some point, mainly a couple years after Infinite releases.
Halo 3 is available in its entirety on the Xbox 360, on the Xbox One in two different forms, and will soon also be on PC and Xbox Scarlett thanks to backwards compatibility with the Xbox One. If all you care about is prettier graphics then wait for mod support to come to the PC release of Halo: The Master Chief Collection.

Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2 benefited greatly from being remastered due to having new features and regained functionality. What could be done to Halo 3?
tuhin94 wrote:
I don’t think we need more Anniversary games. The versions we have now are great and hold up well.
agreed. Even though im always down for more content, these games beyond hold their weight.
tuhin94 wrote:
HCEA is not a great anniversary game. The core game it's built on is great, but as far as remasters go, it gets most things wrong.
  • Changed the aesthetic too drastically such that it degrades the originally-intended experience. The mission 343 Guilty Spark is one of the most obvious examples. No more fearsome, dark landscape, but a bright color palette with very long view distances that shatters a lot of the mystery. The overall graphics style also has an overdone cartoonish aspect and oversaturation, turning it into something like a stylized fan made version of the original. You may personally like the way it looks (I certainly do in some places), but it fails at being a true remaster.
  • It has no multiplayer. It's half of a game.
  • It's based on the sloppy Gearbox PC port, so even when when playing in original graphics mode, a lot of little things are wrong.
  • A couple of gameplay issues were introduced. There are MANY places, especially where mountains rocks are present, where the anniversary depiction of an object does not have the same dimensions as the underlying object. This results in what looks like a clear line of fire while peeping around the corner, but when you go to shoot, your projectile hits an invisible wall. Really sucks for the stealth portions. Another minor issue is that Hunters' fuel rod cannon no longer glows green while they're charging up a shot. It just suddenly fires. This indication was a fun part of battling Hunters, allowing for you to anticipate their attacks and get creative. Now it's gone.
I'm not saying that these issues along justify a new game being created, because I totally get wanting only new content for many years to come. But to say that HCEA is a good anniversary game is just wack.
Not to say you're wrong for stating these facts, I just wanted to point out the way you said "saying HCEA is a good anniversary game is just wack" can come off as rude. Don't try to put down someone else's opinion just for liking the remaster.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2