Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

The most scary scenes in the Halo video games

OP TanEugene94

Hi, I have a question. Which is the most scary scenes in the Halo video games? Mine would be the introduction of the Flood in Halo Combat Evolved. Would like to hear your thoughts.
Hi, I have a question. Which is the most scary scenes in the Halo video games? Mine would be the introduction of the Flood in Halo Combat Evolved. Would like to hear your thoughts.
That's probably the scariest scene I can think of. The Cortana level in Halo 3 is pretty gross, but I wouldn't classify it as scary.
To be honest, there aren't really any scary scenes in Halo. There are shocking scenes and borderline gory ones but ones that are supposed to be scary are really mild.
This is a personal one.

It’s 9:00 in the night, pitch black in my room, other than the screen, of course. I’ve just finished the Mickey level in ODST. Back in Mombasa on Legendary. A Phantom flies over to the other side of the court. Out comes a squad of Jet Brutes. Nothing I can’t handle. I open fire, as they rush towards the door. I make my way down the building. Then, when I open the door, they are waiting for me. Oh no. They make me jump across my room, and fall on the floor. The Brutes then proceed to rip me limb from limb. And I realise, in my last dying breath:

Spoiler:
Show
Aut0b0t117 wrote:
This is a personal one.

It’s 9:00 in the night, pitch black in my room, other than the screen, of course. I’ve just finished the Mickey level in ODST. Back in Mombasa on Legendary. A Phantom flies over to the other side of the court. Out comes a squad of Jet Brutes. Nothing I can’t handle. I open fire, as they rush towards the door. I make my way down the building. Then, when I open the door, they are waiting for me. Oh no. They make me jump across my room, and fall on the floor. The Brutes then proceed to rip me limb from limb. And I realise, in my last dying breath:

Spoiler:
Show
lol nice.
Mine scary moment is on HALO CE Level Halo when MC try to activate the Bridge and The covenant Elite jump in Face!
Probably the flood reviel for the first time when I was 4 followed by seeing keys inside a asorbaloth/proto Gravemind and then sacred icon flood part.
In my opinion or 343 guilty spark in halo ce, or the package in Halo Reach (when noble team tooks the elevator).
I'd agree that the Flood's introduction in 343 Guilty Spark is very creepy and uneasy, particularly if that was your first time learning about the Flood. What's even scarier, though, is playing in those tight corridors immediately after the Flood's arrival in that mission. Playing in such small areas in that section is really nerve-racking for me, as the Flood jump around corners and leap towards you, as you try to shoot them down as quickly as possible. I'd get freaked out by that part, and it was quite terrifying, to be honest. Plus, there's some really good storytelling in that mission, as you notice the piles of dead Marines had disappeared; they became the Flood you were then fighting. It's a small detail, but one that makes the mission just that much eerier. So yeah, the entire 343 Guilty Spark mission is probably the scariest part of the Halo franchise.
I'd agree that the Flood's introduction in 343 Guilty Spark is very creepy and uneasy, particularly if that was your first time learning about the Flood. What's even scarier, though, is playing in those tight corridors immediately after the Flood's arrival in that mission. Playing in such small areas in that section is really nerve-racking for me, as the Flood jump around corners and leap towards you, as you try to shoot them down as quickly as possible. I'd get freaked out by that part, and it was quite terrifying, to be honest. Plus, there's some really good storytelling in that mission, as you notice the piles of dead Marines had disappeared; they became the Flood you were then fighting. It's a small detail, but one that makes the mission just that much eerier. So yeah, the entire 343 Guilty Spark mission is probably the scariest part of the Halo franchise.
Luke theNotable has a really good video about the creepiness of the flood, which is kinda outlined in this vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVAHfjIfj38
Halo's not really scary, but that noise that you hear on empty levels like Assault on the Control Room or 343 Guilty Spark always felt unsettling.
The cutscene where locke was introduced, it still gives me nightmares.