4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 19
Quote:
Quote:
I thought Bungie said officially that armor could not be "put" into Reach (as in DLC)?
From my understanding an employee at Bungie said no, then he said he didn't know and that he was just guessing. I have seen nothing "OFFICIAL" besides that it's not part of the Defiant Map Pack.
I see. Well, I hope armor can be put in as DLC. It'd be pretty cool with Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary acting as a sort of "expansion" for Reach.
Quote:
I see. Well, I hope armor can be put in as DLC. It'd be pretty cool with Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary acting as a sort of "expansion" for Reach.
I am sure you are not the only one with that hope.
343 hasn't officially confirmed that new armor is coming but with the evidence that's been supplied it does seem very likely. I personally really want to see a forerunner helmet, or the return of hayabusa, either would work fine for me. And this idea I got from BS Angel, a "WORT WORT WORT" word bubble armor ability that would follow you around next to your head.
Quote:
343 hasn't officially confirmed that new armor is coming but with the evidence that's been supplied it does seem very likely. I personally really want to see a forerunner helmet, or the return of hayabusa, either would work fine for me. And this idea I got from BS Angel, a "WORT WORT WORT" word bubble armor ability that would follow you around next to your head.
well this armor appears to be on disk. you cant add in new armor via title update because you would have to install all of the map files again
Quote:
Quote:
I thought Bungie said officially that armor could not be "put" into Reach (as in DLC)?
From my understanding an employee at Bungie said no, then he said he didn't know and that he was just guessing. I have seen nothing "OFFICIAL" besides that it's not part of the Defiant Map Pack.
That was Evil Otto, and yeah that's about what happened. He said new armor wasn't likely but he was just as surprised at this picture as us and said he wasn't exactly a valid source and he wouldn't answer any more questions about the addition of armor.
Quote:
Quote:
well this armor appears to be on disk. you cant add in new armor via title update because you would have to install all of the map files again
In theory yes, that was how it worked for Halo 3, but we have no ideas of what changes that both Bungie and 343 have done to the game engine since then. Maybe they found a way around the "armor has to be outfitted to a map" system. And if a system like that is set up I think it could be solved with the addition of CEA or more maps, why? Because I think that all of the Reach maps run on a cross-reference system, if one of the old maps finds something on it that wasn't previously formatted for it, then it could cross-reference another map to see if it was recognizable by any part of the game. If it did come in a TU then it would be the equivilant of downloading one map, not all of them.
GRD looks awesome. I think its gonna be unlocked for people that purchase Halo CEA in November. Just a thought
probably you have to buy the new map pack for marathon and some other crud from bungie
Really the acclaimed BoB Helmet?

Bungie laid this down in a Weekly Update as a con......

As i recall, Some punk drew it out on cardboard ten, Screenshot & photoshopped before presenting it to the world

IF by some MIRACLE chance this is proven to be an unlockable helmet then yay another, Recon type to add to the collection.

Heyabusa
Recon
EVA [C]
BoB ?>????
i was wondering If the GRD helmet was real 343? Considering IGN has a picture of it, it got me curious.
This is all over Bungie's forums, I'm very curious as well. Maybe 343 has an exclusive helmet, or perhaps we'll be able to unlock via vidmaster challenges one day.
Quote:
This is all over Bungie's forums, I'm very curious as well. Maybe 343 has an exclusive helmet, or perhaps we'll be able to unlock via vidmaster challenges one day.
me 2 urk said its real(i cant find the link) but he also says its not bungies its 343's.
dlc possibly? its not on the disc.
Quote:
dlc possibly? its not on the disc.
maybe
You're quite late on this topic but this is the most official thing I've seen about this helmet (Other than it wouldn't be coming with the Defiant Map Pack):

Quote:
Quote:
You must explain this mystery helmet to us!
But then it wouldn't be a mystery anymore!

Seriously though, I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you, and that goes against everything I believe in. Ya know, because of the whole 'having to put effort into it' thing.
Ω
Quote:
Really the acclaimed BoB Helmet?

Bungie laid this down in a Weekly Update as a con......

As i recall, Some punk drew it out on cardboard ten, Screenshot & photoshopped before presenting it to the world

IF by some MIRACLE chance this is proven to be an unlockable helmet then yay another, Recon type to add to the collection.

Heyabusa
Recon
EVA [C]
BoB ?>????
Actually they didn't. They said there was no armor coming with the map pack(which it clearly didn't). They never said that it didn't exist. Evil Otto (I believe it was him) said that he didn't think new armor could be made. Everyone listened to that, but not what he said two pages later in the same thread. He was he wasn't even 50% sure that was the case, because it's not his expertise.
didnt halo introduce new armour later into the game?

I cant remember if it was Recon or ODST

Bungie did state that the BoB helmet was USER created not DEVELOPER created, Introduction of new armour could be possible in the TU, but the only thing holding back something of that magnitude of awsomeness is this:

Armour completion level: 100%

By the time you reach Noble/ Eclipse your already maxed out the armoury and now displays 100%

BUT the common arguemet to this would be:

SO? not all of the lower ranks than you are have the armour we can still et it!

Good point but if there in the game Mechanics they can drop the armoury completion or not needing to count it like the Haunted helemt which you can only aquire at inheritor
I remember in an interview video for Defiant map pack, At the end, the interviewer asked, "will there be any new armor in the map pack?"
The guy responded, "Um...Well...not in the....People will have to play the game lets just leave at that."
something along those lines. but yea.
yeah, it was user created. but at that time bungie was still halo's developer.
This just got a little more interesting... 343... care to illuminate? :)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 19