Forums / Games / Halo: Reach

This game was beautiful

OP spartan5379

I've never posted on the reach forums before, but I had a bit of nostalgia hit me earlier and I felt like posting my thoughts. I know reach is one of the more controversial halos because it was the first game to move away from classic gameplay, and I understand why people would not enjoy the game because of that. I would just like to say I'm not saying reach is the best, it's just my favorite next to halo 3 and I would like to shed some light on why it is. So back in early 2014 when I first created this profile, spartan5379, I started playing reach and that was the first online experience I ever had. I had been introduced to halo 2 through my cousin when I was 5 or 6, and I had acquired halo 3 sometime around the ages of 8-9, so I had been playing campaign for a long time. When halo 4 came out I had already owned reach for a year or so, and I had preordered halo 4, so I was a big fan as of this time. But I had only played campaign, firefight, and other offline modes, so when I first played online it was on reach because even though I owned halo 4, I just loved reach. I have a lot of thanks to give to this game and halo 3 as well, because I would be a completely different person without them. I have a very regretful story about how this account can't play reach anymore because of my save getting corrupted, but that's not important. So in conclusion, I would like to here all of your stories about reach and how you feel about the game 7 years later.
Well my cousin introduced me to Halo 2 when I was about 8-10 years old, it was an eye opener for me as I only owned Nintendo consoles at the time. When I was 16 my neighbors gave me their old 360 with a copy of Halo 3, and I loved it all. About a year and a half later my parents got me Reach for christmas, and they gave it to me early, they'd leave one present in my room while I was sleeping. I woke up opened the box and it was Reach! I immediately turned on my 360 and popped it in, and played it till dawn. The Forge to me is the second best in the franchise only behind Halo 2 Anniversary (for giving us WAAAYY more natural pieces to work with), and I spend most of time still playing Reach's Forge and Firefight modes. Reach was and still is my best Halo experience, and honestly I like AAs they add a new dimension of gameplay, except for armor lock, YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID!!! But yes Reach in my eyes will always be the most enjoyable game of the series for it's creative freedom and players choice playstyles.
Reach is what got me back into Halo. When I was younger I went over a friends house to play CE and absolutely loved the game, even bought the PC copy. Around H2s launch he moved away and I didn't own a Vista, so as time went on I gradually forgot about it until about 9 years later when a friend I had recently made owned a 360. The first time I went over we played Reach non-stop. The very next week I went and got a 360 with a copy of Reach, despite me already owning a PS3. I can't even begin to describe how much time I've put into that game (that's all offline too, only ever played about 2 hrs online). Definately one of my favourites.
Reach was one of the most beautiful games in my opinion. Still my favorite halo of all time
I couldn't agree more with this. The dynamics and gameplay of Reach just felt so good! And even though it was tragic that almost every member of NOBLE died, at least their sacrifices weren't totally for nothing. They might not have saved Reach, but they prevented a greater number of Covenant forces from gaining access to Earth - the few that followed the Pillar of Autumn were all but wiped by the Master Chief at Installation 04, and that was one of the Covenant's greater fleets - and Cortana was successfully delivered to the PoA before it took off. They gave their lives...but their courage runs on. Not to mention but to this day, the graphics still look really, really amazing. For a game that came out in 2010, with the better still (graphics-wise) Halo 4 coming out only two years later....even today, the graphics are I mean look at the armour on everything. Not to mention the varying Elite armours (super pretty!) that you see in-game, and can unlock to use.
It was damn perfect
Reach was one of the most beautiful games in my opinion. Still my favorite halo of all time
It's a favorite and certainly the best looking Bungie-Era Halo game
Reach's bullet detection was amazing. I loved the mechanics. It was ruined by the TU update though. I really wish 343 would just remove the TU update on everything.
it was my first and i love the aesthetic
What do you mean "this game was beautiful" to me, it still is. Still play it and always will!
I loved the artstyle, it fits with what everything is

The spartans are fleshed out, each with a good amount of detail to each one, and they look like soldiers, not cartoon
the armor looks like something that people would actually wear in combat and it looks like it would actually offer protection and wouldn't be idiotic

the elites are big without being comedic, they look like agile but strong alien warriors, and their armor, while somewhat decorative, makes sense

the weapons are realistic but balanced, and most importantly are consistent.

the story is tragic, but ends with hope, you and your team sacrifice yourselves to give humanity a chance to survive, not to end the war, not to destroy the covanent, but to pass the torch, to keep humanity alive
Reach had great transition between 3rd and 1st person amazing cinematography and a amazing landscape you have a beautiful game Halo Reach
i also think that reach is the best, from the graphics to the armor to the story the reach is one of the most beautiful games I've ever played.
piperlewis wrote:
What do you mean "this game was beautiful" to me, it still is. Still play it and always will!
Completely agree with you on that. This game is and always will be beautiful.
I'm thinking about doing campaign again after being away from Reach for awhile. I know I'm going to get goosebumps in those opening scenes and startup of the game.
Rest in peace noble team and especially noble six your actions and sacrifice saved the pillar of autumn which then lead to the discovery of halo. Imagine the Covenant could have won the war if the package wasn't delivered.
My favourite game of all time. I used to play it non stop until about 2014, when some of my mates got Xboxes with Halo 4. I played that with them until Reach was games for gold a couple of years ago. Everyone instantly switched to Reach. We’d play matchmaking all day, then invite the randoms for custom games all evening. The armour system is the best in the series, forge is the second best (in my opinion. Halo 5 is better, but it has nothing like forge world). It’s a shame most of my friends have grown out of it, otherwise I’d still be playing all the time.
the sky boxes were amazing in reach
It's funny seeing all the positivity surrounding Reach today. I remember so many people disliked it when it was released.
The good old days of split screen on halo CE killing everyone on the bridge and failing calling Banshees flying purple things, calling grunts Doritos ah and years latter when I turned 6 to learn of halo 2 and being blown away to play as Arbiter and normal difficulty being hard tears oh tears of this series bring me joy