5. ...
  6. 4
Halo 4's General Necessities......

Make it simple.
Make it sweet.
Make it Halo.

There is my list.
I agree with your points.
I want them to keep armor abilities. They add more depth and strategy to the sandbox.
I agree, keep the armor abilities.. or if you remove them, then keep the armor upgrades and allow them to add something special to your character, wether it be health, damage, or whatever. Yes it would be similar to CoD, but it's kind of stupid to have to gain all these credits just to spend them on armor that doesn't do anything for you besides make you stand out more.

I disagree with the part about camo. Camping is a strategy, used in the real warfare and in virtual... Camping should be promoted. Halo, I know is a run out there and kill'em game, but you can still use tactical strats on the battle field. Active camo in the next game needs to not jam your team mates radar.. thats... G@Y....
If you want depth go back to CoD. What you just said is all in Cod, not Halo. CoD is cool, but it needs to stay out of Halo. Armor abilities include almost no skill and bring more pain than joy. Halo needs to go back to how it used to be. Why do you think the community has decreased so much? It's obviously not a very popular idea at all. You're probably just saying this because you started on Reach and didn't play the previous games online. What I'm saying is you're way wrong and I completely agree with Rushify. Halo needs to go back to what it used to be, armor abilities are just un-Halo like and ruin the game. The ranking system now is built around people who can't even play the game without going -20. I think the Halo 3 ranking system actually took skill, and if you didn't do good thats just role you play. Not everyone is pro. I'm just saying it needs to go back to the good ole days.
Quote:
If you want depth go back to CoD. What you just said is all in Cod, not Halo. CoD is cool, but it needs to stay out of Halo. Armor abilities include almost no skill and bring more pain than joy. Halo needs to go back to how it used to be. Why do you think the community has decreased so much? It's obviously not a very popular idea at all. You're probably just saying this because you started on Reach and didn't play the previous games online. What I'm saying is you're way wrong and I completely agree with Rushify. Halo needs to go back to what it used to be, armor abilities are just un-Halo like and ruin the game. The ranking system now is built around people who can't even play the game without going -20. I think the Halo 3 ranking system actually took skill, and if you didn't do good thats just role you play. Not everyone is pro. I'm just saying it needs to go back to the good ole days.
HAHAHA! No......depth is always good. Now i don't want cusatomizable weapons or -Yoink- like that in my Halo's. But AA's as pick ups I am ok with. Then have seperate gametypes with AA at spawn and no armor abilities at all.
Depth is good to a certain degree. But when you want that much depth to where it's almost exactly like CoD is way too much.
I'm a... bear. Halo 2 all the way maaaan (Im a psychotic troll, fear me!)
I have played halo since the first one was released. I find Reach plays a lot different then the other games did. I love the AA idea. Yes, some are silly and mess with the play style, but they are part of the game. I agree that some need a bit of tweaking, but each has it's uses. I hope to see a similar system in Halo 4, but with less reliance on a certain one due to what the other players are using. I would also like to see a True Skill system come back. I find the game more enjoyable playing people of similar skill. It's to easy to get huge KD's in most playlists.
I played Halo 3 today and it was way better in comparison. I get what you're saying, but the old way is definitely better in every way.
Quote:
Actually, no. I first started on Halo CE. I played Halo 2, 3, Wars, ODST, and now Reach, faithfully. I did also play all the CoD's. I know what in the other games. I don't get how people can say the AA's are so gay, when Halo 3 had pickups that offered similar advatages.. Invis, drop sheilds, rader jammers.... these effects are what AA's do now.. so if the AA's are gay, then why weren't the power-ups gay too? o_O People don't like change, it's a proven fact. Those AA's weren't first debuted in Reach, but the previous Halo's. They're not much different, except that you spawn with them, as oppose to them spawning as pickups along the map. Halo 3's ranking system skill requirement was voided since people can get 2nd -6th accounts and boost.. no skill.. just win a few and get the number and you're done. Both ranking sys are flawed. Reach is worse, because you rank up, just by playing, which is the same in CoD MW 2, for example.. you get exp jusy by playing.. and you really should.. because exp is exp.. I wouldn't mind it if Halo went back to the way it was.. but it wouldn't be anything new, and therefore would get old quick.. add some new weapons.. tweak or delete the AA's, add armour advantages.. add even another character model besides the spartan/elite.
Yeah, AA's just aren't Halo. I guess that's why I stick with sprint most of the time. In my opinion, that is probably one of the most powerful AA's. It gives you a great deal of survivability. Speedpile in Actionsack (Not the best example), I just grab 3 flags, and I can dart across the map anywhere. Pretty much unkillable. AA's where a nice little attempt at something new, but it failed just a bit too much over time. Great gimmick at first though.

Item spawns in Halo 3 were a great way to pull something like this off. Nothing was really OP except maybe the shield drainer.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4