Time to man up and admit it...

OP CheezandCrackrs

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Nope
I was sad, yes, but I didn't cry, partially because before Halo 4 released, I had a feeling that something was going to happen to Cortana.
Didn't but I did get a bit emotional. Never in a million years I thought Cortana would "die". Kept telling myself "Pfff, she's not gonna die. He's the Chief, he always completes his mission. He's gonna make it." My reaction was kinda like the Chief's: "OK, cut it off Cortana. We got to go." And then it dawns upon me that no, this is it. I have to leave her and she's not gonna make it. I also surprised myself because I never bought the "relationship" between Chief and Cortana. But when she died, I realized how invested I was in said relationship.
It was super emotional
Didn't but I did get a bit emotional. Never in a million years I thought Cortana would "die." Kept telling myself "Pfff, she's not gonna die. He's the Chief, he always completes his mission. He's gonna make it." My reaction was kinda like the Chief's: "OK, cut it off Cortana. We got to go." And then it dawns upon me that no, this is it. I have to leave her and she's not gonna make it. I also surprised myself because I never bought the "relationship" between Chief and Cortana. But when she died, I realized how invested I was in said relationship.
I was the same way. Honestly, I'm the kind of guy that will watch a Pixar movie and tear up at stupid stuff though. lol So H4 got me pretty good. I've been with them since day 1 and never saw it going that route. Spending that much time with these characters you really can feel like you are part of their life and they are part of yours for that short amount of time during the game. Got me right in the feels. lol I still haven't completed the campaign on H5 though. I've spent all my time online and have only completed a few missions. Despite the things I've heard, basically that it sucked, I'm still excited about how it will unfold.
Ospiri wrote:
That scene was right on par with Toy Story 3, right in the feels... I'm 32 and freely admit it the single tear roll down the cheek. My wife rolls her eyes and can't understand it... but she's slowly getting the urge to play, lol.
My wife started playing in reach so she didn't really understand the emotion of seeing cortona die. I'm not sure if I had a tear actually come down my cheek, but I guarantee that I was emotionally hurt from what had happened. Like I had lost a part of me. The whole time I was like, I can see what it is building to, but there is no way that can happen. Chief has to figure out a way to save her one more time
I came here to see Chief epicness, not to cry. So I was very dissapointed then.
I didn't cry.
I just didn't get out of bed for a month.
The whole scene, I think, is to make Chief realise that he can't always win... that he's not always going to have his luck. She's not just family, like the Spartan-II kids, she knew him the deepest and their main mission together was to protect each other. So, there is Cortana's death and then Chief's devastation of having failed his primary objective. In essence, he lost his soul mate.
Yes, I cried like a baby. I cried because I knew that this was only the start of Halo's destruction.
I was so stunned that I didn't think to.
I didn't cry. At the end, my reaction was, "Um, how does one survive exploding a nuclear bomb in their hands?"
No, but it was the most emotional ending in all of the series. One of the best, until Halo 5 erased its impact.
I am still farily new this community for halo, however form reading some post I gather through all the story line many players got stuck in the story line. I can admit that I have cried tears for other games, i cannot say that I cried for the end of Halo 4.
-Spartan 4915, [WOLF] Genral Wiggin
I said goodbye to my favorite character in the franchise, after having to listen to her slowly devolve to insane rambling, than expel the last of her energy to restrain the Didact and protect me from the blast. Not to mention the build-up through out the last battle. Of course a tear ran from my face, I'm not heartless. By the way, the music that plays in the last showdown is my favorite track in the franchise.
Honestly, the delivery was just...cringey to me. Chief sounded like having feelings is something he has never felt which would make sense because of his augments. And Cortana the whole time was just....creepy. When she said something along the lines of "I've always wanted to touch you" or whatever, I almost walked away. Good story, poor delivery. I loved the idea of her going insane throughout the game.
It was sad, but I didn't cry.
I said goodbye to my favorite character in the franchise, after having to listen to her slowly devolve to insane rambling, than expel the last of her energy to restrain the Didact and protect me from the blast. Not to mention the build-up through out the last battle. Of course a tear ran from my face, I'm not heartless. By the way, the music that plays in the last showdown is my favorite track in the franchise.
This post is like 2 months old. Please do not revive old threads, thanks.
I won't deny it. I did cry a little, with Reach as well. I love the music for Halo 4 as well. The the two songs for the final mission: Broadsword and Arrival are some of the best and are pure epicness when doing a solo legend run.
I know it's an old thread that has been bumped but I can say that it was the saddest moment in the Halo History. The tears will come if you have full focus during the cutscene.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3