Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

Tips for getting all the achievements for Halo 3!

OP Uber Penguin452

So I recently finished the campaign on Legendary, and looking through the achievements alot of them are online only, and on that note, is anyone playing Halo 3 or have they moved on to the MCC. Because all my friends said they cant get into an playlists.
This is why I detest multiplayer matchmaking achievements. If you don't get them when the game is popular then the chances of getting them at all decrease greatly.

Population depends on the time of day, OP. At certain times of day the population will be bigger and will therefore increase your chances of finding a match; it also depends on what playlist everybody is playing, however.
Try inviting some friends and go into matchmaking hopefully some random people online could be playing the game plus it will count you and your friends so you can try that
I’m down to get the achievements
So I recently finished the campaign on Legendary, and looking through the achievements alot of them are online only, and on that note, is anyone playing Halo 3 or have they moved on to the MCC. Because all my friends said they cant get into an playlists.
I'm not even sure what playlists are still out there for Halo 3, but the best way to do it is try to narrow your search preferences, especially in FFA. Or, message your lobby in FFA game types, and tell them you're trying to get the achievements. Sometimes you'll get some help from randoms, especially how specific and difficult some can be.

Some used to be easier, like the 2-for-1 FFA Laser when there were Splasers on Snowbound, but the Boundless patch removed them.
There are a few posts in here, with people trying to Boost them :)
Check out Trueachievements - a great resource for partying up for achievements!
AshamanND wrote:
Check out Trueachievements - a great resource for partying up for achievements!
Yeah I agree, TrueAchievements is the way to go. I got them all legit except "Two for One" and I could never find a Lone Wolves game or a map with a Spartan Laser when I did get into a game. Once I got a session for Two for One (and helping other people with other ones), I had it after like 3 games. I think I could have gotten it back in 2007 when the game came out but I didn't have Xbox Live until 2009 and when I did play, I usually played SWAT or Social Slayer. I wasted my chances getting it when the population was at it's peak. I started to actually care about achievements and it became harder and harder to get these. So to summarize, TrueAchievements will be your best friend in this endeavor. Also, what is your Lone Wolves rank? That can play a part as well.
I wanna get them so i could try unlocking recon in halo 3
I’m down to get the achievements
You don’t finish the fight let’s goooo
I wanna get them so i could try unlocking recon in halo 3
It's no longer possible to unlock Recon in the original H3.