Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

[Locked] Was Halo 4 Rushed?

OP crispychicken49

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Was Halo 4 rushed?

There's glitches galore. You guys said we didn't need a Beta and that everything was being tested. Wrong apparently.

Spartan Ops missions are pretty much all the same.

Campaign Terminals are Waypoint only, plus the cutscenes have horrible audio.

Lack of playlists.

Theater doesn't work right.

Forge is bugged.

The damn File Share doesn't work. At all. What the hell? Bungie got this right when they implemented it in 3 and Reach, why can't 343i?

Was this game rushed? Or did 343i actually think some of these things were a good idea?
Didn't read. Answer is yes.
Quote:
Was Halo 4 rushed?

There's glitches galore. You guys said we didn't need a Beta and that everything was being tested. Wrong apparently.

Spartan Ops missions are pretty much all the same.

Campaign Terminals are Waypoint only, plus the cutscenes have horrible audio.

Lack of playlists.

Theater doesn't work right.

Forge is bugged.

The damn File Share doesn't work. At all. What the hell? Bungie got this right when they implemented it in 3 and Reach, why can't 343i?

Was this game rushed? Or did 343i actually think some of these things were a good idea?
I think it may have been. 343 is owned by MS and MS calls the shots. Maybe they had something more elaborate but due to MS's demands, they were forced to cut corners and sacrifice game quality.
Probably. But hey, they beat COD by a week. Let's all rejoice...
There's a large number of bugs in really basic statistics tracking, odd oversights in plain sight, and they still haven't caught up with basic bugs.

So yes, rushed.
the game thats been under production for like 4 or 5 years was rushed? hmmm, appearently you guys think that thats a short time span.
I've been thinking the same thing lately. My biggest gripe being the weird choices they're making with matchmaking playlists. Like the lack of Snipers, Doubles etc. I'm also confused why they have 3 maps in the game that are no where to be seen in Matchmaking! I don't care if they're purely forged maps, put them in the game!
Considering the DMR is overpowered ..... Yes
Quote:
the game thats been under production for like 4 or 5 years was rushed? hmmm, appearently you guys think that thats a short time span.
They worked on the game for 4-5 years? The game feels like it was made in a year in a half...
Probably, MS truly doesn't care about stuff like that. Halo ce and 2 were rushed, Bungie said so them selves, yet 3, odst and reach weren't and Bungie was a standalone company at those releases. Halo wars was rushed, Ensemble said so them selves. That company was owned by MS. So in short yes, probably.
Quote:
The fact that this game has been in development for so long and still has so many issues, and cut a lot of features is not saying much for 343.

Does anyone else think the reason they didn't have an open beta is because people would've seen how much they casualized this game and would not have bought it? I think there is some merit to that statement.
Look at the evidence! Either it was rushed, or they were sloppy in a few areas.
The only thing I feel was rushed was the File Share.

But other than that I lack the complaints that you have. Well, I haven't forged yet, so that is the only other one I might agree with.

But overall I don't feel like it was rushed.
What game isn't rushed these days?
Yup, the game was in production for like 2 and a half years? Pretty disappointing outcome.
Quote:
What game isn't rushed these days?
call of dooty
If you consider 3+ years of production rushed then yes. People calm yourselves. The game is great and doesn't have nearly as much garbage as Halo 2 and 3 did at launch. You must all be new to video gaming. The game itself plays like a champ. IMO smoothest Halo launch yet and it's by a brand new company. I'd say that's pretty good. The only real issue is file share support and I'm sure they are putting the finishing touches on that. If the file share isn't up by 2013 then I'll start siding with some people that consider the game rushed. The lack of playlists isn't because the game was rushed... -_- They could add any amount of playlists if they would like. They just want to keep it simple so people can get a feel for the new maps and modes.

I know I'm not going to have many people backing my statement as these forums are riddled with complainers. The people that enjoy the game are playing it or are in the general discussions forum. Let the bashing resume.

INB4 "Stop Stoping 343's ****" or "You're the reason competitive Halo is ruined."
It wasn't rushed. It was poorly made. That is it.
yes
All games nowadays are rushed. They can deploy "patches" to fix the buggy mess they've made, back 10 years ago the bugs were minor and not game breaking, god I miss those days.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2