Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

[Locked] Was Halo 4 Rushed?

OP crispychicken49

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Quote:
Look at the evidence! Either it was rushed, or they were sloppy in a few areas.
Few areas?

-Connection issues
-XP cap
-forge broken
-fileshare not online
-theater is only available for MP
-custom game variants were outright REMOVED
-Original emblems and armor were removed(some)
-Oh and the TERRIBLE fallback hopper servers!

This is just off the top of my head and these are LEGITIMATE issues, not "DMR IS OP, NERF IT NAO" or "NO TRUESKILL 1-50 RANKS, OMG COMPETITIVE PLAY IS DEAD".
halo 2 was rushed
Yay! More crybabies!
-matchmaking lags
-file share doesn't work
-under developed maps and a lack of maps
-poor spawning
-lack of custom game options
-lack of gametypes
-short campaign(not saying i feel it was a bad campaign)
-glitches
-most forge objects just copied and pasted from reach with a new skin
-ect.

either they got lazy or were rushed, maybe even both.
Quote:
Didn't read. Answer is yes.
Quote:
Quote:
What game isn't rushed these days?
call of dooty
I'll disagree, Black Ops 2 right now is almost unplayable. But since they use the same engine since 2007, the coding isn't hard for them to make a game every year, with the 2 developers. But in all honestly Halo 4 is fine other than theater were it doesnt save/load properly.
Quote:
Quote:
the game thats been under production for like 4 or 5 years was rushed? hmmm, appearently you guys think that thats a short time span.
The fact that this game has been in development for so long and still has so many issues, and cut a lot of features is not saying much for 343.

Does anyone else think the reason they didn't have an open beta is because people would've seen how much they casualized this game and would not have bought it? I think there is some merit to that statement.
This.
It's almost guaranteed they didn't release a Beta because sales would have drastically dropped.
i agree the removal of fine tuning in Forge is a bit of a step back but in no way breaks Forge. In fact the only thing I found wrong with Forge besides the lack of fine tuning is the stutter some objects seem to have when trying to phase them into one another. Only took a little trial and error to figure out that you have to hold objects by visible areas (ie: the spot you are holding cannot be phased in another object).
The game didn't have an open beta. That's the only problem. There wasn't really a chance to see the entire sandbox in whole scale, used by thousands of people daily.
You just have to wait for a TU and that's it. Reach was pretty acceptable after 343's TU IMHO (although that's a whole different story with Reach).
In fact, from what I've heard from people in my friends list, BO2 is in a similar state right now and everyone is just waiting for the TU. I guess this is a new trend in AAA multiplayer titles...
Undoubtedly. The game should have had another few months development time at the very least, ideally an extra 6 months.
Now in 343 defense they had to balance making halo 4 with releasing Halo CEA, put a lot of resources into making FUD and shoot themselves in the foot by hiring one of the lead multiplayer designers from Cod......wow have I really become that cynical?
Quote:
Now in 343 defense they had to balance making halo 4 with releasing Halo CEA, put a lot of resources into making FUD and shoot themselves in the foot by hiring one of the lead multiplayer designers from Cod......wow have I really become that cynical?
They hired other companies to make cea, they hired others to make Fud, and even hired others to make the halo 4 maps and forge.
Ohh Yeah. After playing Halo 4 and seeing all the basic things missing, for example the Red X at death, incomplete Forge mode, glitchy as hell split-screen on some maps, some audio mishaps and so on I knew the game was rushed. Waypoint and the fileshare system still dont work.....
Quote:
Probably. But hey, they beat COD by a week. Let's all rejoice...
lol
Quote:
Quote:
They hired other companies to make cea, they hired others to make Fud, and even hired others to make the halo 4 maps and forge.
Well done. Now how do you hire said companies?By spending money.Where does the money come from?From a budget. What budget was it ?Well it was mostly Microsoft's however more often than not It was 343's budget meaning most of the expenditure for hiring Certain infinity, actors ,directors and the film crews came from 343 themselves.

This means that money/resources that could have went into making the game hiring more designers/serves went into other projects.
Quote:
halo 2 was rushed
...........but still kicked -Yoink-.
Yes, unfortunately other publishers feel this ok as well. * cough * mass effect 2,3 * cough *
JJiraffe wrote:
the game thats been under production for like 4 or 5 years was rushed? hmmm, appearently you guys think that thats a short time span.
The game was developed in a little over 3 years, about the same time it took for Bungie to make Halo 2.
CRZYBOT367 please don't revive old topics, as that's against the Forum Rules.
Quote:
Do not spam. Spam includes but is not limited to commercial posts, single word responses, petitions, non-English posts, cross-posting, posts containing all-caps, necroposts and bumps (replies purposely made to move the thread to the top of the active thread list).
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2