Forums / Games / Halo: Reach and Legacy Halo

Was the multiplayer for halo 4 good if not why?

OP Super Chief XL

Short answer: I suck at the boots on the ground infantry combat so I go for vehicles until I realized you can start with a portable semi tracking emp launcher.
Multiplayer sucks
I really enjoy it and play it everyday (as long as I get good connectivity! Otherwise its horrible) however, I am yet to start H5 mp... I'm probably one of the few that like loadouts and specializations. Wish there were more map choices for BTB like daybreak etc...
Halo 4's multiplayer is decent. But recently i played halo 3, and after playing that i don't know if i can ever return to halo 4
I had so much fun with Halo 4's multiplayer. Being free to choose which weapons I liked and their accompanying abilities made for some fun and creative gameplay. When connectivity was good, I absolutely love this game. It's hard to go back after 5, to be honest, but I had solid fun for the years leading up to 5.
Compared to the other games, I'm capable of absolutely dominate in Halo 4. I can join Rumble Pit matches already progress and still come out on top.
But is it my favorite? No. Why? Because of loadouts. Yes, that's the only reason. Why? Well, because of the "custom" word in it. You can equip a DMR, PP and Plasma nades and you're done. But is it only for one loadout? No, it's for all of them. Seriously, when I play Halo 4 MP I see many people use the DMR/PP/Sticky combo very commonly. My first 3 loadouts consist of how you mostly start in Halo 3 and Halo Reach's matchmaking. I'm thankfull that Halo 5 is back to equal starts.
its very fun and i prefer it
Spoiler:
Show
ZacBum wrote:
I really enjoy it and play it everyday (as long as I get good connectivity! Otherwise its horrible) however, I am yet to start H5 mp... I'm probably one of the few that like loadouts and specializations. Wish there were more map choices for BTB like daybreak etc...
One of the reasons I love Halo 4 is because of loadouts and customization. Experimenting with different builds is something I really enjoy in games, but when it comes to shooters, this is something that you normally only see in twitch shooters where everyone dies almost instantly; it all comes down to who can spot the other guy first. Halo 4 was the first tactical shooter, a game where winning was about tactics and strategy (instead of reaction time,) where I could play around with different weapons, abilities, and perks. I prefer it over the monotony of 'same guns, same maps, every match' setup that most other Halo games boil down to.
Rhydon65 wrote:
ZacBum wrote:
One of the reasons I love Halo 4 is because of loadouts and customization. Experimenting with different builds is something I really enjoy in games, but when it comes to shooters, this is something that you normally only see in twitch shooters where everyone dies almost instantly; it all comes down to who can spot the other guy first. Halo 4 was the first tactical shooter, a game where winning was about tactics and strategy (instead of reaction time,) where I could play around with different weapons, abilities, and perks. I prefer it over the monotony of 'same guns, same maps, every match' setup that most other Halo games boil down to.
I agree and well said. Glad I'm not alone here :-) H4 is just a fun, casual game with a very good pace including everything you just wrote, that's why it's my primary game and I continue to play it... Thanks Rhydon.
it was terrible. And the game was too easy. Literally everyone could get good at it
I really enjoyed halo 4's multiplayer and I still do haha
I actually just tuned back to H4 cause I wanted to go back to the days when I was dropping 40+ bombs on BTB. Ofc now, im not dropping them atm XD One thing i've noticed that the MP has some connection problems alot (Maybe its just me). The hosts feel weird and stuff...
I played Halo 4 multiplayer a lot, and by the end of it's life was probably one of the best players still searching. Having said that, it was a dumpster fire.