1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
How would it be if outdoor maps had weather control in Forge? Like you could change time of day, rain, cloudiness, fog, etc. I think it'd be great for Machinimas.
It would be. I wish Halo wasn't lacking so far behind Far Cry in the custom map department...
I've been wanting this since Forge for Halo 3... It would be great for machinimas and add a whole new element to map making. Fingers crossed.
Like my post 'I WANT A RAINY MAP'

I completely agree... hoping for the best.
Wouldn't it just be easier to have weather FX like the FX spheres in Reach, but with weather conditions instead of something like Orange or Colorblind?
^^^
That would probably be the easiest and simplest solution.
Kinda awesome seeing I'm not the only one who wants rain and other weather conditions for maps and forge.
Quote:
Wouldn't it just be easier to have weather FX like the FX spheres in Reach, but with weather conditions instead of something like Orange or Colorblind?
I dunno. I'd say sliders like on Far Cry. Far Cry's map editor is damn easy to use and it lets you do everything except program scenarios.
Quote:

That's where I got this idea from!
Quote:
Quote:
I dunno. I'd say sliders like on Far Cry. Far Cry's map editor is damn easy to use and it lets you do everything except program scenarios.
However, Halo 4's Forge mode is limited, so we need something that already exists to be built upon, not implement something totally new. Not that I'm hating on the idea of it, or anything, it just seems much better for Halo 4 to have weather FX spheres made to work like the color FX spheres in Reach.
Quote:
Quote:

That's where I got this idea from!
Thank you !! everyone who supports this idea must make it known to 343, if we want anything in relation to what we want.
I would appreciate that feature, I've wanted this for a long time but I seriously doubt 343i would put weather control in halo 4's forge. It would help with infection gametypes, you could make it very scary for people :D
Quote:
How would it be if outdoor maps had weather control in Forge? Like you could change time of day, rain, cloudiness, fog, etc. I think it'd be great for Machinimas.
If not Halo 4, we could always push it to Halo 5.
Quote:
I would appreciate that feature, I've wanted this for a long time but I seriously doubt 343i would put weather control in halo 4's forge. It would help with infection gametypes, you could make it very scary for people :D
As if making an Infection/Flood Mode map in space where it's dark and like nighttime isn't scary enough. As the old saying goes, in space, no one can hear you scream.
This is by no means a new subject :) It was something people were looking for with Halo: Reach's forge environments and it didn't happen. There IS still time for them to reveal something like that although I never saw anything like that when Gamespot did their runthroughs of the forge map and its pieces. Although maybe its like what Sp4rt4n1295 is suggesting should happen and the weather fx may come from the same visual fx orbs that have been used in the past. We will have to wait and see :P
Quote:
This is by no means a new subject :) It was something people were looking for with Halo: Reach's forge environments and it didn't happen. There IS still time for them to reveal something like that although I never saw anything like that when Gamespot did their runthroughs of the forge map and its pieces. Although maybe its like what Sp4rt4n1295 is suggesting should happen and the weather fx may come from the same visual fx orbs that have been used in the past. We will have to wait and see :P
It would honestly raise my excitement astronomically if we could make it rain... or there is a rainy map.
If it ever does happen, it won't be until the next gen Xbox. Halo 4 is already passed pushing the current 360 to its limits. Anymore and I'd imagine I'd would destroy the frame rate.
Quote:
If it ever does happen, it won't be until the next gen Xbox. Halo 4 is already passed pushing the current 360 to its limits. Anymore and I'd imagine I'd would destroy the frame rate.
I have seen a few people say this, however I do not understand where you and the others are getting this information.

How so? because there is games that are older in which rain / snow / fog effects were implemented in multiplayer games / custom games / map editors
Quote:
Quote:
I have seen a few people say this, however I do not understand where you and the others are getting this information.

How so? because there is games that are older in which rain / snow / fog effects were implemented in multiplayer games / custom games / map editors
older games=lower quality graphics, less features, etc. which means more disc space. New games like halo 4=top of the line graphics, lighting systems, new features, etc. adds the disc space up very quickly. It's not that 343 doesn't want to do it, it's just that the current 360 simply can't handle it.
It would be interesting to control the weather. At least cloud cover and time of day.
I like the thought of rain but I would hope the rain would interact with my forge objects. I don't like the thought of solid objects not being able to stop water.

Still would like forge objects to render bullet holes and not just sparks but oh well, little details.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

older games=lower quality graphics, less features, etc. which means more disc space. New games like halo 4=top of the line graphics, lighting systems, new features, etc. adds the disc space up very quickly. It's not that 343 doesn't want to do it, it's just that the current 360 simply can't handle it.
I would beg to differ, no one truly knows what can be done except the devs.

We will see in time.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2