1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 22
Me and a friend did this challenge yesterday, we killed everything on sight and beat Hunters down with our bare hands. Not worth 13,000 Cr for the time that we played, but we sure had fun. Seems like the number is going up with each LASO weekly challenge though, which is nice.
I just completed my video guide to clearing the level. It will be up on Youtube and on my website tomorrow. In the meantime, I have a rendered video on my fileshare:

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=15438078&player=CruelLEGACEY

I use a combination between Tyrant's slow/safe technique and RC Master's Speedrun technique.

My approach to the spire at the end was particularly successful.

I'll post again with links when my video has finished uploading. In the meantime, both Tyrant and RC Master's guides are fantastic. This is one of those levels where watching multiple guides is actually very helpful, since there are several encounters that have a few random elements to them. It's good to watch a few different playthroughs so you can see the different approaches to these encounters.
Quote:
11 minutes

:D
Holy crap!!! RC Master is just amazing.
My Tip of the Spear SLASO /Mythic video guide is now up!

http://cruellegaceyproductions.com/guides-tutorials/campaign-guides/mythic-guide-tip-of-the-spear/

I'll be adding a detailed written guide a little later.

Check it out!
Completed it yesterday, lone and afraid, in splitscreen. The hardest part was when you had to be in the falcon :(

On a side note killing the elites at the top of the spire is easy if you can get a concussion rifle. Just lure them out and knock them off the edge. Took me a while to realize I could do that.
Quote:
Completed it yesterday, lone and afraid, in splitscreen. The hardest part was the when you had to be in the falcon :(

On a side note killing the elites at the top of the spire is easy if you can get a concussion rifle. Just lure them out and knock them off the edge. Took me a while to realize I could do that.
What you should do for the challenges, instead of playing Split Screen, is just play solo and use the "save and quit" trick if you die. When you play split screen, the game throws a lot more enemies at you, since it thinks there are 2 people playing. This maks it much harder to get through on your own.

Instead, just play solo. If you die, immidiately press the "Start" botton, and selelct "Save and Quit" from the pause menu. At this point, you'll probably see the "Challenge Failed" logo appear on your screen, but don't worry about that. Once your back in the campaign menu, just select "Resume Campaign". You'll be dropped back into the level, at the closest checkpoint to where you died. You can do this as many times as you like during the mission... when you get to the end, you will unlock the Challenge and get the credits.

If you look at my service record, you'll see I completed Tip of the Spear twice this week. The most recent time was one Tuesday, where I completed a true Mythic run (Solo, Legendary, All Skulls On, no deaths). But I actually unlocked the challenge back on Monday. Again, you'll see in my service record that I died many times during my first attempt, but by "Saving and Reverting" I was still able to get the challenge.

Now, if you do this, just don't go to the Mythic forums and claim that you completed a Mythic run of Tip of the Spear :) They won't count it if you're saving and continuing.
I didn't know you had to do it immediately after dying. Well damn it, if I had just taken the time to look it up I wouldn't have had to suffer.

Oh well, I feel pretty accomplished so far, especially that falcon part. Thanks for the heads up, I'll definately use that next time if I can actually get it to work.
Quote:
Quote:
11 minutes

I am RC Master you know. When I registered here it used my gamertag :P
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
11 minutes

I am RC Master you know. When I registered here it used my gamertag :P
lol, ya I put 2 and 2 together after I posted :)
This week's challenge in the flesh:

Not Lough, High
Earn a score of 80,000 in any mission in the Reach Campaign.

Anyone got what it takes?
Quote:
This week's challenge in the flesh:

Not Lough, High
Earn a score of 80,000 in any mission in the Reach Campaign.

Anyone got what it takes?
Did it yesturday!
Mythic on Long night of Sollace rally point alpha/bravo [space part].
I had blind on, it's so fun with blind on!
Had all skulls on except the Cloud and the one the reverts to start. Did it on New Alexandria on Legendary. Just kill a lot of Banshees and Phantoms and it will get you points real fast. Hope this helps!
This week's in another LASO run, this time in the besieged city of New Alexandria:

Exodus: LASO
Complete Exodus, Legendary, All Skulls On (LASO).

Quote:
This week's in another LASO run, this time in the besieged city of New Alexandria:

Exodus: LASO
Complete Exodus, Legendary, All Skulls On (LASO).

Heres a guide.

Here is a (hopefully) entertaining speedrun in 20 minutes (rendered).

Up on HSH. With embedded Youtube Stream.
(16000 cR)
LASO Alexandria
Complete Alexandria, Legendary, All Skulls On (LASO).

TIP: Best played solo, yes you can use the whole run to the end save quit thing however takes the fun out of the challenge. Keep an eye out for the banshees. Comes to the bugger terminal fly under the back of the building to get to the elevator, run in run out. Keep your distance the Falcon turret is accurate to kill from eyes length, horizon view. I do suggest waiting for the gernade turret at the beginning.
Quote:
(16000 cR)
LASO Alexandria
Complete Alexandria, Legendary, All Skulls On (LASO).

TIP
Guide
Speedrun in 13 minutes

I plan on getting this challenge just as soon as I get my new monitor >_<
wooohoo! completed in less than an hour with a full party!

which is a HUGE improvement from the last two LASOs that took us 4.5 and 3.5 hours. >.<
Quote:
wooohoo! completed in less than an hour with a full party!

which is a HUGE improvement from the last two LASOs that took us 4.5 and 3.5 hours. >.<
It also helps that that LASO was EXTREMELY checkpoint-friendly. You got one every 3 minutes or so!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 22